Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63896 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks Ennis. And no problem about the name drop, your female mando was really cool. I acually used Aayla's legs and G.I.Joe boots for the second one, kind of like a nod to yours. That was a great idea.

As for this being molded - Yea, This is the one I made the 2 part mold out of.

Pics of Number 2 coming soon. I mean I have pics but one of two things happens, they either show all the detailing (wash and drybrush and other stuff) but the color is messed up, OR they show the right colors but you cant see the details. I've got to find a happy medium and when I do I'll post pics. Stay tuned ;)
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Pics of Number 2 coming soon. I mean I have pics but one of two things happens, they either show all the detailing (wash and drybrush and other stuff) but the color is messed up, OR they show the right colors but you cant see the details. I've got to find a happy medium and when I do I'll post pics. Stay tuned ;)

Not exactly that happy medium I was talking about but at least you can tell I worked hard on it (I hope!) Just please dont tell me to drybrush or wash the custom, I already did, it just doesn't show because I don't know how to take great pictures. LMKWYT-

"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline ars30

• Youngling
  • What is Understood_ Doesn't need to be Discussed
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Update Aug 11 - Another Female Mando pg15
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Once Again Great Sculpt And Paint Job. Love her Calf Armor.
Allen

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Update Aug 11 - Another Female Mando pg15
« Reply #213 on: September 5, 2006, 07:13 AM »
Wow, that was a long break. Had so much work piled up it was hard to get time to customize. I did a few trades though and I've got some cool ideas in my head so expect an update later this week :)
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
I'm back!
« Reply #214 on: December 25, 2006, 10:13 PM »
I'm back after a really long break. I'm working on a clone custom at the moment and with all the fodder I got for Christmas, I'm sure there will be others coming soon too. Just wanted to bump this thread up from the last page lol.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:19 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Back after a 5 month break? YEP!
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2006, 12:06 AM »
 ;DNice Mando's and jedi and figures in general They look cool and great job
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Big update 1/8/07
« Reply #216 on: January 8, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Few of my recent customs after getting back into customizing. I had alot of fun making these. I've got a group shot then individual shots with some extra info about each custom and then 2 shots of some of my WIPs. Um, I'm sorry about the pictures... I don't have a studio or an expensive camera not to mention a very low skill level of picture taking, but they'll work I think. EDIT: They are really small too, for some reason.:confused:

Onto the customs:

Group shot of all the customs together hanging on our pool deck.

Commander Bacara SA version. I just took Bacara's parts off him, threw them on an SA troop and then used a dremel and some new really cool glue to swap the necks out. I made a point of not using a figure stand in the pic - good to have Bacara standing up now instead of falling on his face all the time. Oh yea and I didn't do any extra paint on this figure because I wanted it to be very very Hasbro-ish, just new articulation.

Same as above, I wanted this to be mostly Hasbro-ish so not really any paint on this figure except a few extra black marks on his armor. I had an extra cody head and neck and a neck-less 501st, so why not put them together with my new glue stuff? Helmet is too big for him so I added some sculpey inside to make it tighter.

Extra Padme head, extra Slave Leia body, saw a pic someone did putting Padme's head on Leia's body and it looked great so I figure-ized it. No extra paint or anything just because I'm lazy, but we'll say it's because I wanted it to look Hasbro-ish ;) BTW can't even find the slave Padme pic anymore, oh well.

Bought this half completed custom from MurderWeapon a few months ago and just painted some things on him and dullcoated him. All MW's ideas and stuff, just with a little extra paint from me. Dunno WTF I was thinking about the battle-damage on him though, it looks terrible. :P

Ready for the "real" customs?

SA clone body I'd screwed up on so many times I just decided to paint the whole thing light gray. Then I figured I'd make him a commander for the 41st elites ion their gray armor. I think it turned out really nice IMO.

Got this Anakin in a trade a few months ago and threw him in the bin of mandalorian fodder for some reason. Must have been sleepy. So a few days ago I open the bin and think, what the heck? But, I thought a kid mando might be pretty cool. No armor besides the helmet and jetpack but he does have a gun, knife, and droid. I guess he's practicing flying and shooting or using his rangefinder. Who knows?

WIPs

Mando 1- Almost finished mando that I can't seem to finish off. Based on a pic from some random site I saw.
Mando 2- About half way finished Jango from Open Seasons. Dang, reminds me I need to buy that comic sometime.
Mando 3- Kal Skirata, he was finished at one point and dullcoated sitting on my shelf reserved for my Mando army. Then I got the bright idea to boil him and cast the legs. When I boiled him to put the legs back in, the dullcoat turned white and screwed him up. I guess I'll get around to repainting him one day.
Wtf Jedi- Um... I dunno. Hardly painted mix of parts.
Also have a half finished SA jedi and leg-less Commander Cody on the table and some new molds for casting in the making. Plus many ideas and parts of ideas up in my head for future customs.

Well, thanks for looking. All comments appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 05:35 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Big Update 1/8/07, check it out!
« Reply #217 on: January 9, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Nice to see you back in the game, Korbra.

Seems like you cleaned out the parts bin with some of these, eh? Doesn't hurt every once in a while, especially when these nice customs are the end result. Good thinking about masqueing your "laziness" by keeping the figs Hasbro-like  :P.  However, the paints apps you did do on some of those clones look very crisp. Good lines on those markings.

Just searched for a hot Padmé, sexy Padmé, slave Padmé, but nothing turned up. Well, some nice pics popped up, but not Padmé in a metal bikini  ::)

The Mando kid looks cool. I like the non descript paint scheme you used.

Your WIPs look promising, hope to see those Mandos finished soon. What am I saying? Just take your time, man.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 9, 2007, 04:44 PM »
 ;) Nice job, Keep up the good work
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 9, 2007, 10:20 PM »
I commented on these at RS ( which is something I haerdly EVER do anymore ;)) Good looking bunch there.

I still love the Racing stripe Mando, that thing looks killer.

Glad to see youre back BTW.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 9, 2007, 11:45 PM »
I love the clones, very nice use of parts.
The thing about the Cody head that bothers me it that stupid high neck he has.
Makes his head look shrunken and elevated.
Yours turned out nice, I like that 501st trooper.
Bacara is awesome, I always wanted to make an SA Bacara but I havent been able to find a clone up here. Its been over a year.
The Mando kid is cool, he looks like he is gonna go out and shoot some Jedi.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Wow, I am seriously thankful for all your replies. I had forgotten how good it felt to make some fun customs and post the pictures and then read comments from you guys. I'm glad you like all the customs I made.

IncomT65 - Lol at you searching for the Padme pic. :P Thanks for the compliments, and yea I actually did clear out some of the parts bin with this bunch. Some of them had been WIP for a few months while I was taking a break so it felt good to finish them up.

Deanna Rash - Thanks ;D

Darth_Ennis - Hey buddy, glad to see you are still customizing. Thanks for commenting over at RS and here. About the racing stripe mando, Danakin Skywalker informed me that the color scheme was almost identical to one of his friend's mando costumes. Apparently the character is really a girl so I was thinking about finishing up the WIP and then making a female mando to go along. They'd be a mando couple with a similar paint scheme. Might be cool.

Clone Commander - I agree about the neck and head of Commander Cody. I just had an extra one and a headless clone so I figured I'd use it on him. He does look like some long necked peahead guy though, so he stands in formation on my shelf with his helmet ON lol. Also thanks for the compliments.

Edit: Searched through my star wars pics folder and found the pic. Guess I'd saved it since I was planning on making a custom of it:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:33 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Finished up this mandalorian WIP. Many more WIPs should be finished up this weekend. Pics kind of washed out the drybrushed details and stuff but oh well.

This is based on a pic I saw on some art site, but Danakin Skywalker showed me a pic of his female friend dressed up in a costume with practically the same paint scheme, so I dunno. I plan on making a female mandalorian with the exact scheme from Danakin's pic to go along with this mando so then I'll have both of them :)

-CHEWIE

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Update 1/11/07, Finished WIP mando
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Fresh colour scheme on that Mando, Korbra. He could use some weathering though, or a nice dark wash, perhaps? And adding a female Mando would make for a killer pair of honeymooners  ;D

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Update 1/11/07, Finished WIP mando
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Lol thanks Incom ;D

A little update:

You know, I should try and get a pic of the entire mando army sometime soon. It grows about a mandalorian a week but the last pic of the army was way back when I finished the mando dropship.

The SA Bacara just got a painted head cast and a dremeled out Bacara helm added onto him. He also got some Hasbro like battle damage and dullcoated again.

Currently working on molding a few peices and painting a few different mandalorians.

In the future: Look for the finished Danakin pic female, a finished black armor/suit female modeled after a convention costume I saw, a dark skinned mandalorian, an older mandalorian who's had his fair share of battles, the first alien mando to join my group (rodian or something else depending on my fodder bin at the time) and finally 2 extra parts clone ARCs with lots of FIXIT sculpting on them.

I'm trying really hard to get my WIP bin cleared out completely so that I can start new projects, but I want to take my time on all of the WIPs so that they look good. Wish me luck :wink:
-CHEWIE