Author Topic: EE Exclusive Astromech 5-Packs  (Read 30326 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: EE Exclusive Astromech 5-Packs
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2006, 04:56 AM »
There's EU saying those droids were "imperial" but I don't necessarilly buy that either...

Also the black R4 unit was seen in a publicity still with R2-Q5 somehwere from ROTJ as I recall so I assume he was in the Death Star Hangar somewhere but not seen in the film or barely seen if he was...  They probably just re-used him to fill things out.

The others though that were rolling on the Tantive IV, I chalk that up to just some asinine EU writer wanting to make everything, no matter how insignificant, interesting beyond what it probably was or should have been.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2006, 09:46 PM »
I really like  these, and am enjoying them. I like the various details that are included with them. I have an extra set I thought was sold locally, but I waited, and waited tonight and the guy no showed me.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2006, 05:37 PM »
These are GREAT.  I only ordered one set, and probably don't need another, but if EE were to this every year with different paint jobs and add the upcoming R5-D4 mold or even the R5 from Star Tours and I would buy it again.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2006, 06:54 AM »
I'd go with that too Paul...  They could dish out the R5 head then, which is sorely behind in the astromech running.  I want that orange R5 from Mos Eisley dammit, and I REALLY want the red/white/black R5 Rebel Pilot astromech for Red Leader... 

I'd buy at least one more set if they included those.  The really complex and unique looking paintjobs are the best reason to get the sets, then all the other less complex or outstanding paintjobs are kind of just gravy. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Digging up an older thread here, but I still haven't picked up these Astromech sets (although I've wanted to).  I just wanted to touch base with those of you who have had these for awhile, what do you think of them overall?  Are they worth it?  I see that EE still has them in stock, so I've thought about ordering them sometime soon if the budget allows - and I was wondering what everyone thinks of them.  Its always fun to have more astromechs, and hopefully I can get ahold of these eventually.  Is one set "better" than the other, or is it best to have them all?  I usually lean more towards OT stuff, especially with higher priced exclusives, but with the astros it doesn't seem to matter as much.  Anyways, just looking for some of your opinions, if you have any.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Personally, I like both sets equally. R2-Q2 and R2-X2 are my favs and the happen to paint both their designs on the sweet astromech sculpt that has the working wheels and the middle leg retracted fully into the body.

It's tough to go wrong with either set.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2006, 01:08 PM »
I don't think that I could pick one set over the other.  Both sets have a mix of OT and PT droids and both are great.

I would love to see them crank out another 2 sets next year.  There are still a ton of color schemes for R2/R3/R4 droids to do, plus there's the fact that with the R5-D4 sculpt done, they could mix some new R5 Droids into the sets too.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2006, 02:34 PM »
These are nice sets.  A bit pricey but worth it IMO.  I would like to see at least one more set including:

R3-A2
R4-I9
Red R2 from the Starship

Probably 3 of the best pack-in figures Hasbro has ever done.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Get both sets as they are pretty cheap on the secondary market.  That's the thing with this hobby, if you wait long enough you can often find a good deal....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2006, 06:26 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly that both are equal to me as well...  I'd get both.  Honestly I'd like 1 more of each as it stands but they're pricey enough I am holding off on it.  Great scene fillers though, no doubt.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2006, 10:06 PM »
They really do add a lot to a loose collection. I'm not sure I would get them if I wasn't an opener-

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!