Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60758 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2006, 12:47 PM »
If this holds true, I too hope it's just stupid gold or silver figures, and not things that actually appear in the films.

Gold or silver figures would be a relief if they followed through with this idea.  Could you imagine a really cool figure that could be an army builder ending up as one of these?  Like a Galactic Marine?!?!  Perish the thought!!!    But please go ahead and make a chase Obi-Wan w/ kicking attack that has a little something special.  Those Lava reflection turds from Target would have been perfect!!!!

On the cynical side I think this could be worse than just annoying because it might draw the attention of the dreaded Hotwheels Dorks from the next isle over (I just like jabbing at them when I get the chance  ;)).   I usually see them sniffing around when there is a great figure out.  Example: When the POTF2 R/H Vader came out they (Hotwheels Dorks) were all over the Star Wars isle but not so much before or after.  

In the end I just want a fair shot at each figure and multiples of the clone/army builder type figures.    I don't need the grief that would come from Hasbro trying to stir up interest w/ NON-REPACK (again repack gimicy figures like the lava refection would be ok), treasure hunt type figures.    

Actually, right now I'm a little worried that I'll miss my chance at the Clone Wars deco Gunship TH Titanium...  That thing is cool!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 12:47 PM by rishakra »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2006, 04:00 PM »

it might draw the attention of the dreaded Hotwheels Dorks from the next isle over (I just like jabbing at them when I get the chance  ;)).  

Might? ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2006, 06:05 PM »
The only people who benefit from chase figures are the mouthbreathing simps who haunt the toy aisles in the early morning to snap up "rare" items so they can make a few bucks at the flea market while dreaming of one day having a girlfriend and moving out of their momma's basement.

Yeah, you may have that Commander Cody variant...but I've been with a woman. Take that, you marshmallow momma's boy. ;D

-DD
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:25 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2006, 05:33 AM »
The only people who benefit from chase figures are the moughbreathing simps who haunt the toy aisles in the early morning to snap up "rare" items so they can make a few bucks at the flea market while dreaming of one day having a girlfriend and moving out of their momma's basement.

Yeah, you may have that Commander Cody variant...but I've been with a woman. Take that, you marshmallow momma's boy. ;D

-DD

Upon reading your post sir, I must regretfully inform you that I will be reporting this to the appropriate staff...  And with that, worst post ever!  Bring on the scalping.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Hey, anyone notice the NewForce case assortments don't match up with the EE case assortments? EE has a completely different 3.3, for example:

From EE:
Star Wars - The Saga Collection 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 3 Rev. 3 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Princess Leia - Boushh Disguise (Saga #1), 1x Han Solo - Carbonite (Saga #2), 1x Chewbacca - Boushh Prisoner (Saga #5), 1x Boba Fett (Saga #6), 1x Sora Bulq (Saga #15), 2x Yoda (Saga #19), 1x Jango Fett (Saga #20), 2x Scorch (Saga #21), 2x Clone Trooper (Saga #26). (Subject to change

From NewForce:
 SW 3 3/4 IN BASIC FIGURE, 2006 wave 3.3
Code: SW85770J
Price: $71.99
AVAILABLE FOR PRESELL
Quantity in Basket:  none

Scheduled to Contain (all info subject to change):
(2) Darth Vader Hoth
(1) Fire Pilot
(1) Commander Cody
(1) Neimoidian Pilot
(2) Clone Trooper
(1) Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi)
(1) General Grievous
(1) Obi-Wan Kenobi
(1) Anakin Skywalker (Bounty Hunt figure)
(1) Obi-Wan Kenobi (Bounty Hunt figure)

This is REALLY getting confusing... :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2006, 03:25 PM »
For a while there, it looked like NewForce had their own wave lableing system. For example, where EE and everyone else starts the wave in a whole number (i.e 5), Newforce starts of the wave with a revision number attached to the whole number (i.e 5.1,) causing them to be one rotation number behind. This might explain it?

Could be wrong.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2006, 03:36 PM »
New Force is calling the Hoth wave = WAVE 1 on the pre-orders too, so really, all their numbers are off by 1 wave.

What New Force is calling Wave 3.3 should really be "Wave 4.3" according to the way the other do it.

NewForce is just numbering them different is all...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2006, 03:48 PM »
New Force is calling the Hoth wave = WAVE 1 on the pre-orders too, so really, all their numbers are off by 1 wave.

What New Force is calling Wave 3.3 should really be "Wave 4.3" according to the way the other do it.

NewForce is just numbering them different is all...

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks guys. Did anyone order the cases from EE yet? I ordered W4 R2 and W4 R4.

Snags

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Ok, more to add to these rumors...I just downloaded the Star Wars Action News Podcast (from Review Star Wars - the one with Part 1 of their Steve Sansweet interview, and they talk about rumors from various Star Wars toylines, and they are saying the  chase figures will be repacked figures with foil cards/cardbacks.  I don't know how accurate their rumors are, I haven't listened to their podcasts before this, but take that for what you will.  If you download/listen to this, it is around the 21 minute mark of the podcast.

They also talk about the actual "Bounty Hunt" figures, and say that these will consist of only figures that are "Bounty Hunters and their prey" - such as Fett, Han, Leia Boussh, etc., and you have to look on the back of the cards to see if they are "Bounty Hunt" figures...and the backs will have a sticker that are bounty stickers that you can cut out and send in (rumored to be 10) to get the George Lucas as Stormtrooper figure.  More in the podcast, but there are some more rumors.

The second half of this podcast is up this week, and I just heard the beginning of it this morning and the "updated" their rumors from last week, which turned out to be incorrect (or at least slightly so).  They are still saying there are supposed to be random "Bounty Hunt" figures (with foil cards) in the assortments starting with wave 4.  This will not be limited to "bounty hunters and their prey".  Also, the Lucas Stormtrooper promotion they again have linked to the rumored upcoming VOTC figures, which I believe was the first rumor we heard regarding this "exclusive" figure.  Judging from some of the case assortments everyone has posted from EE, Newforce, etc., this sounds more likely.  Maybe the "Bounty Hunt" is just the foil carded figures from previous waves, and the mail in promo will run with the rumored VOTC figures.  We'll see...but just wanted to update that earlier post.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2006, 02:25 AM »
Foil cardback works for me.

Though this is still the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little happier/relieved about this...  Sucks for carded guys though bigtime.

Plus I think a Lucas Stormtrooper is about as stupid as it gets.  I could buy him as a pilot, it was kinda cool, but the Stormtrooper thing just appears quite boneheaded to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2006, 04:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm 'happy' that the foil cardback (what?) is the 'chase'.  Indifferent to the Lucas fig.  Makes no sense whatsoever, but I'm glad to know that Hasbro is investing in a new Stormtrooper sculpt with removable helmet that hopefully will finally deliver the Han and Luke figs we want.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2006, 05:17 AM »
Yeah I'd like to see the scultp maybe used for Han and altered for a slightly shorter Luke at some point, that's a good point Spuffy.  They're two needed figures, I just hope Hasbro isn't shorting this figure since it's a mail-away and taking teh cheap route on it so it's more or less a statue.

IF they're re-using it, and that's a big IF because they're weird like that, I'd hate a non-poseable Han or Luke in Stormie gear...  Much needed resculpts from the POTF2 era though.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2006, 07:20 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little happier/relieved about this...  Sucks for carded guys though bigtime.

I'm relieved as well.  But, the fact that "chase" is being associated with Star Wars now is still scary.  First this, then what?  This could evolve into something else down the road now that the ball is rolling.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Anything limited will not be good for the hobby. I find it kind of interesting that I e-mail Hasbro explaing that, although we are not %100 certain what this program is yet, anything involving chase in the typical sense would could backfire, and I haven't gotten a response. Not that I e-mail Hasbro often, but when I have, I get an e-mail back a day or two later, even if it's a form response.