Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60754 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Well i guess thats bette rthan vairant figures or the mailaway deal. I hope we do get the Lucas figure though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I don't care what they do as long as they don't bring back those stupid Jedi Master Points redemption program.  You remember the one that had some damn guy whose brother works with a Chinese guys cousin, whose sister has a 7 year old brother painting figures for Hasbro in a factory back home where  he cut 275,000,000 points from defective cardbacks that he sent her to trade for a new pair on Air Jordans.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2006, 11:24 PM »
i don't mean to rile up the masses but someone over at POTF2.COM who always has inside info is stating that these chase figures are repainted silver figures. here is a link to the forum topic. this is a great site for variant freaks and always has good reliable info.

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9553&whichpage=4

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2006, 11:32 PM »
If that turns out to be true, than suddenly this became no big deal because the silver figure idea is so 2003.  ;)

Silver figures?  Yawn.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:43 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2006, 11:50 PM »
i don't mean to rile up the masses but someone over at POTF2.COM who always has inside info is stating that these chase figures are repainted silver figures.

Another day, another rumor...  :-\

Unless perhaps ALL the rumors are true!

If that is the case, then I for sure will be out hunting my Silver Painted, Foil Cardback, Variant Pose, vOTC-esque Han Solo with Repainted Carbonite Block with Lucas Mail-Away on the back.   :P

I sure hope Toy Fair clears this mess up because I'm getting sick of all the rumors we've seen so far...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2006, 11:59 PM »
I heard the the Bounty Hunt figures made out with Jeff under the bleachers!

Pass it on!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2006, 05:56 AM »
Everyone who posted a wrong rumor should be strung up by the tip of their dick and slapped with sacks of rocks.

Or at least people should make fun of them in the forums for a little while and make them eat some crow publicly.

I'm hoping for foil cards...  No silver figures or whatnot.  Just goofy packaging to rip apart and get my "I'm an ego maniac" Lucas figure. :)  It'll go great with my  "My family is an ego maniac" 4-pack!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 2, 2006, 01:36 PM »
You know, after doing some more research (not really research, but reading other sites), I have come to realize that maybe the New Force pre-orders are misleading.

I love Rick, but I think his info is incorrect.

I don't think every case that is up for pre-order contains the said Bounty Hunt figures, I think it should be interpreted as "possible" Bounty Hunt variants. 

Meaning, if you were to get the said Bounty Hunt figures in the case, the ones listed as such would be them.

Make sense?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 2, 2006, 01:54 PM »
You may be right on that.  Argh.  The wait to find out what's really going on with these is killing me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 3, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Makes sense to me. I agree, ric is great, but they're no EE.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: February 7, 2006, 02:07 AM »
So now that we are where we are...  I wonder if the offer's going to cover the line overall with the VOTC being a "deluxe" line of sorts, but also working on the mail-in promotion...

I wonder what the facts of this are though at this point.   :-\  Is it only VOTC now or basics too?  Very odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 7, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Is it a sticker that you remove to mail in or do you have to destroy the GD card to get the mail away coupon? How many do you need to mail in? Hopefully not MORE than 1 from each character...hopefully it doesn't matter if it's each character or any. Then, when I buy 20 biker scouts I can get 4 Georges?! ::) :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 7, 2006, 12:43 PM »
You know, after doing some more research (not really research, but reading other sites), I have come to realize that maybe the New Force pre-orders are misleading.

I love Rick, but I think his info is incorrect.

Could be, guess we'll find out soon enough.  On the bright side I'll be just as happy with the case I ordered whether there are bounty hunt figures in it or not.  Hell, I'll probably be happier if they're just the normal figures. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 9, 2006, 10:06 AM »
So far, the intel seems to be falling in place. I would assume that it takes 5 VOTC POP's to mail in for one Lucas (makes sense, it encourages you to get the whole set.) The chase figures in the basic line seem to be a totally unrelated thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #104 on: February 9, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I'm starting to favor the foil-backed card theory now. TF had better clear this up. We've been speculating too long.  :)