Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60760 times)

SilverZ

Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2006, 07:49 PM »
If this holds true, I too hope it's just stupid gold or silver figures, and not things that actually appear in the films.

That wouldn'd be so bad. Or perhaps hologram figure versions of existing characters in the line. I'd be slightly less annoyed if all of a sudden a holographic version of Anakin, Vader, or Obi-Wan was slipped into the assortment on the regular version's card.

That would be preferable to, say, the rumored SA Biker Scout appearing randomly in cases when it could packed at 4 per case and still hard to find.

Either situation still is a stupid, stupid idea, so hopefully this doesn't happen. Someone from Hasbro needs to get on the phone to Playmates and ask them to explain what the number 1701 did to that company's successful product line.

And yes, sometimes I think they're doing this to **** with my head. This kind of thing makes me want to set fire to my carded collection.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 07:50 PM by Jared »

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Okay, well, I need to know what this means.  If it means altering the card or package of a figure, I don't really care.  I'm okay with it I guess.  But if this means having to run all over America or resort to eBay to buy my $100 Commander Cody - I'm going to be pissed.

I guess we need official confirmation on what this means to be "bounty hunting" for our action figures.

Maybe Toys 'R' Us will be retailing these like an Easter Egg Hunt or something in April where they dismantle the Star Wars section, and hide random figures behind the Pound Puppies and Dora the Explorer plush dolls.

We wait.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2006, 08:44 PM »
All I can say is damn you Hasbro!
Maybe I can finally get a VOTC Boba or Stormie.
That is the only good I can see coming from it.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2006, 09:42 PM »
I'll add to the Hasbro stupidity comments, if indeed these chase figures are new figs. Repacks/Repaints would still anger me, though I'd be slightly less annoyed. If it's a hologram or a silver/gold figure? That's A-okay with me, as I pass on all of those.

Either way, things don't sound good right now. I can't wait to hear the backlash and/or Hasbro's bonehead response at the next Q&A...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Makes me glad I got off already.

If this idea is in any way, shape or form like the variants/chases in Marvel Legends, this is a bad idea. [/understatement]

It sounds like Hasbro's taking all the wrong steps this year.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2006, 12:29 AM »
If Hasbro is really making chase figures, and if its obscure characters we all want, well this really sucks. It sucks in general anyway. I was always happy that Hasbro never went down this path. It never bothered me that much with Legends, but this is a whole different story. Bad mouth on Hasbro's part.  >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2006, 02:57 AM »
I can only say I'm INCREDIBLY concerned right now about this...

This will, quite frankly, suck much ass.  I can't see this being good for any of us ultimately.  It's going to make the line a frustrating hobby where it's so far only been frustrating because we didn't really realize how badly Hasbro could take a big healthy **** on us all.  I think we're about to find out just how badly they can tell collectors to go to hell though with this idea.

I'm hoping my fears aren't realized, but at this point I have not got a lot of faiith in Hasbro's ability to NOT screw us.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2006, 09:20 AM »
"Maybe I can finally get a VOTC Boba or Stormie.
That is the only good I can see coming from it."

Huh?  Those figures were everywhere.  Perhaps, if you weren't collecting back then, you should turn to a sceondary market.  There's no shame in going to Ebay to get an older product.  Waiting for Hasbro to rerelease it might not happen.  Remember, you're a collector, not just a consumer.  You have to seek out what you want.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 7, 2006, 11:04 AM »
I really hope Hasbro is monitoring the communities reaction. I'm with the very dissapointed crowd. SW has gone nearly 30 years without chase figures. Why starts now?

Speedermike has the only positive spin on the subject, but we still will have to cut out a UPC I'm sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 8, 2006, 10:34 AM »
If anyone feels strongly about the chase figures, one way or the other. please add you opinion to the thread in the Hey Hasbro! section. Also, do the same at any other similar threads on the other site you frequent.

I feel so stongly about this that if we get some type of official word from Hasbro, I'd encourage some well worded e-mails and/or letters.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 8, 2006, 10:24 PM »
A guy on my local collecting forum posted a quote from another website, which had some rumored info about this Bounty Hunt...

Apparently the hunt will be involved with the new VOTC figs. While the figs themselves will be shipped everywhere (like regular cases), certain figs will have some special type of Proof of Purchase on it. This is the Bounty Hunt. get enough of the special POPs and you can mail them in for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure.

If this is what the Bounty Hunt is, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Of course, this is still a rumor.

:-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 8, 2006, 11:00 PM »
A guy on my local collecting forum posted a quote from another website, which had some rumored info about this Bounty Hunt...

Apparently the hunt will be involved with the new VOTC figs. While the figs themselves will be shipped everywhere (like regular cases), certain figs will have some special type of Proof of Purchase on it. This is the Bounty Hunt. get enough of the special POPs and you can mail them in for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure.

If this is what the Bounty Hunt is, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Of course, this is still a rumor.

If this is the case, then fine.  As long as it doesn't stop me from building my Tusken Raider army for Anakin to sink his lightsaber into  :D
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 8, 2006, 11:31 PM »

Available only to residents of the U.S., no doubt.  Still, it would be a better situation.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: January 8, 2006, 11:50 PM »
That would be much more preferable, but it still doesn't really clarify whether these new VOTC figs are going to be in the TSC assortments, or in one by themselves.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 9, 2006, 12:59 AM »
Slightly more acceptable, still not ideal.  If Hasbro's bitch in the past has always been that "doing a mailaway is hard due to cost", then WTF are they doing by LIMITING the mailaway?  A shorter production run means a higher cost per unit produced so I'm just not seeing the logic.

If it's not so limited, well then yippy skippy, but I'm personally bracing for the worst so I don't completely lose my hair should it turn ugly. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77