Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60901 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57 PM »
From the Official Site:

Treasure Hunt Figures
Throughout the month of May, special limited edition "silver foil" chase figures will flow out to retail. Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector.

There will be 10 different Silver Foil chase figures in all, with two foil variants included per case pack of 12 figures. The figures include...

* Darth Vader
    * Han Solo (with Carbonite)
    * Boba Fett
    * Snowtrooper
    * AT-AT Driver
    * Commander Cody
    * Anakin Skywalker
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi
    * General Grievous
    * Scorch (from Star Wars: Republic Commando)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2006, 04:01 PM »
*big sigh of relief*

I'm surprised there will be 2 of these per case.  Not much of a 'chase' really, unless you're trying to get the whole set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2006, 04:07 PM »
That's fairly consistent with what Newforce had at two figures per case.  The date is pretty damn late though :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2006, 04:13 PM »
Starwars.com writes:

The Star Wars UGH 2006 is a celebration in product spanning the nearly 30-year history of Star Wars action figures, including a very special tribute to the architect of the Star Wars universe himself.

The Star Wars UGH. Ugh is right. That's the most appropriate name... ever.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2006, 04:41 PM »
My apologies to the hot wheel collectors out there, but this is just what I feared. A renewed interest in Star Wars by the local hotwheel scalpers. I'll get them if I see them, but these will create a  temporary buzz in the fleamarket crowd, and make the hunting tougher.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2006, 04:47 PM »
So it looks like this only has consequences if you are a carded collector.  No problems with that here.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2006, 05:02 PM »
So it looks like this only has consequences if you are a carded collector.  No problems with that here.

The figures will have foil bases and silver holos too.  But it doesn't sound like the actual figures alone will be any different.

"Throughout the month of May, special limited edition "silver foil" chase figures will flow out to retail. Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Dumb-dUmb-duMb-dumB-dumb!

Glad I'm an opener and like realistic looking figures over gimmicks or I'd be pulling my hair out!

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2006, 03:41 AM »
these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector

No they won't...  These will be something that only the "Must have one of everything" crowd will care about getting and they'll begrudge every second they spend hunting for this lame-assed attempt by Hasbro to invigorate a line they themselves have let slide since prior to Christmas.

Stop doing dumb stuff like this gimmick and instead just get stuff out there that people want at a quality level that's competitive.  Stop trying to do stupid gimmicks that only make the line a big headache for some collectors, and try to instead please the consumer more with product THEY WANT.

Christ almighty, loosen your fingers on your company wallet and put out something quality that people can find...  Don't just paint **** silver, limit it, and piss everyone off that actually wants it.

I could give a rat's ass myself but at the same time I scratch my head that they're putting any extra effort into this stuff and yet they let the line as a whole slip in quality overall and raise in price.  But that "UGH" promotion they put so much thought into and hype it as nothing but:

"Scalper Fiesta '06:  Scalper's Gone Wild!...  Now you too can enjoy the lovely smell of Big MAC's and French Fries in the toy aisle as you fight to find your favorite toys alongside some fat ******bag leering at you as you try to find a Clone for your kid!  This crap's not just for Hot Wheels maroons anymore!"
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2006, 04:06 AM »
I totally agree.  "UGH" is it exactly.  How many gimmicks do they need?  Did they forget they just had the best year in SW sales in forever?  I'm glad it's a silver/foil/whatever thing, because it's nothing to me, but it's a big finger to collectors.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Now you too can enjoy the lovely smell of Big MAC's and French Fries in the toy aisle as you fight to find your favorite toys alongside some fat ******bag leering at you as you try to find a Clone for your kid! 

The Scalpers in my area smell more like McDonald's Breakfast.  :P  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Starwars.com writes:

The Star Wars UGH 2006 is a celebration in product spanning the nearly 30-year history of Star Wars action figures, including a very special tribute to the architect of the Star Wars universe himself.

The Star Wars UGH. Ugh is right. That's the most appropriate name... ever.

How perfect! ;D

Alright, two Chase figures per case isn't as bad. But, it will bring in unwanted scum. Time to start letting Hasbro know what a lame idea this is.

Sounds like May might be a big month though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2006, 01:12 PM »
So, with the 2x BH figures per case confirmed, I guess Rick/NewForce might have been right on his case listings?

I am glad that the "foil cardback variants" theory turned out to be the right one.  Seems like the least intrusive type of chase figure to me is just a packaging change like this one.  I can see though how it got confusing with the vOTC/vTSC stuff rumors since they will both have the "UGH" branding on them...  easy to mix stuff up that way.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2006, 01:29 PM »
So we are thinking that these are the exact same figures in the exact same packaging, not numbered differently (same numbers as predecessors) EXCEPT the stupid holo in the back is silver, the base will be silver, and there will be a foil sticker somewhere on the card?  I'd like to see a picture.  I could see purchasing these if they were not numbered and the actual figure was maybe silver (b/c I'm a sucker for silver figures) or if the card was completely different, but...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Again, Hasbro has misjudged some of its buyers and I for one have no problem passing on the hype. I have to agree with Jesse that those who have to have one of everything will kills themselves trying to find these. I have a friend who said if he sees them he'll buy them, but only on his normal hunts. He won't go out of the way for them.
Since they will be hitting a month after easter I have a better idea. How about the stockers hide them in the store and then put a notice out in the SW section that the chase figures are hidden, and if you find them, the store will give you an aging cadberry easter egg for your time. The egg will still cost you, but you'll get it at a discount . . . .
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3