Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 126400 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I guess we'll know sometime before SDCC...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2006, 03:19 PM »
I guess we'll know sometime before SDCC...

You would hope!   :P
Especially if it would require a person taking vacation from work or whatever.  A lot of jobs require 2+ weeks notice in advance.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2006, 03:35 PM »
"All Star Wars Fans,

My name is Tom Costabile and I am currently the lead runner up in the Presidency contest at Hyperspace.com, known on that site as USCWANNABE. I have been intently working on trying to win this election and have come to the conclusion that I can't win this with just friends and family... I'm going to need the help of the millions of fans Star Wars has adopted for itself to win this contest so I've decided to write this letter to introduce myself and my ideas for the fan club presidency.

As long as I can remember I have been a Star Wars freak. There was something about these films that enticed me in such a way that I became obsessed with it. By the time I was about 15 I started doing terrible things. Drinking all the time, doing drugs, in and out of jail, and one day I popped in ESB in my VCR and all those feelings you felt as a child came back to me in that 2 hours. Remembering what it was like to be 5 and watching those films. Remembering how you as a 5 year old thought your life was going to turn out just fine by the time you were 25. Where you would be, what your job would be, what your wife would look like, all the questions to the most difficult problems a young adult can imagine, but to a 5 yeard old it is simple and true. You were going to be rich, you would never smoke cigarettes or do drugs, your kids would be perfect, your house would be gigantic, your wife was Carrie Fisher, etc.

So I turned it around. I went back to school and got my GED. I went to college for Media Arts and Animation (because I wanted to be GL) and got my bachelors. I moved to Studio City, Ca to go to USC (hence USCWANNABE) and started my real life, the one I envisioned when I was 5, and within 3 years I own multiple corporations, my dream houses, my dream cars, I don't do drugs and I own a wonderful collection of high end SW props and vehicles. In essence, I have everything I have ever wanted for myself and I have Star Wars and George Lucas to thank for it, and my way of giving back is to take my place in the SW world and be the best damn Fan Club president anyone can. I have a few ideas for how I can make it better for us as fans :

I feel that we are entering a very scary time in terms of our beloved Star Wars. For the first time in SW history we are in a realm of uncertainty as to what's going to happen next. For the entire time SW has been in our lives we knew there was going to be more, it was just a matter of time, and now, according to Lucas there will never be another film. Of course we're going to have the video games, the board games and the television shows and so on, but nothing, absolutely nothing can compare to watching the midnight showing of a new Star Wars film. It's probably the greatest experiences of my life and I don't want it to end! I feel that there is a way around this though. If there were more conventions than SW would stay alive forever. If we as fans can come together more frequently I believe SW would never leave us and its that simple. We need to urge LucasFilm to produce more functions in more cities all over the world in order to satisfy the needs of the true fans and as president this will be my number one priority. Not just every 3 years, but every year. Not in just one city but multiple cities. One of the things I found to be disturbing was that because it was in Indianapolis, and only in Indianapolis, it was extremely hard for a lot of people to come there. They would have to get time off work, save up money, and make room for this in their personal lives. These reasons deterred alot of people away and that I feel is not fair to them. It should not cost an extrordinary amount of money and time to celebrate these films and now that there won't be any movies its all we have to look forward to as a group. If LucasFilm will not cooperate with this I feel that we should come together as a group and make it happen ourselves and as President of the fan club I would be more than happy to make all of the arrangements and make this happen!

I also feel that SW fans are probably the most enlightened and creative people on the planet. We at an early age saw the talent that went into making these films and have been trying to find that talent within ourselves ever since, and the best part about it is many of us have but we don't know what to do with it!! Especially in a day and age where there are more film students than law students and a time where the world is the smallest its ever been in the history of the Earth. We as a society are watching films from England, France, Japan and so on and seeing the impact that SW has had on not just the USA, but the world!! I propose that if I become president I begin an organization where people from all over the planet can submit their artworks (not just SW stuff) and gain the assistance of people in the entertainment industry. From writing to storyboarding to CGI to film and all that has to do with it. An organization by SW fans for SW fans!! A way to come up and not need noone but ourselves to make it happen. If we took all the talent that is in the group of people that will read this letter and put it together in a serious way your talking American Zoetrope to the tenth power. Your talking about possibly the next wave of great filmmakers. A way for me to give back.

This has been a long letter, I know, but I felt an obligation to do this. If I don't win this contest I want everyone who reads this to know how I feel about everything that has been going on around us in the SW society as an extremely concerned fan. I think that everyone I have ever met at the conventions and the midnight showings and the Weekends at Disney have been the greatest, greatest group of people this world has to offer, and I am so greateful that I'm a part of it. May the force be with you all. "

Sincerely,
Thomas Costabile
USCWANNABE"

I sure hope he won and not that arrogant jerk from that otheR Site-especially since 'our guy' entered late and didn't have much of a shot at it :(

Easy to see 'conspiracy' or 'buy-out' if Roberts is claimed the winner >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2006, 03:41 PM »
For as many people who were voting for Dustin, I'm willng to bet that USCWANNABE was getting more anti-dustin votes.

BTW, I can see the pciture now Rob. Thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't Dustin.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I still can't believe there's been this long of a delay to announce a winner. I hat to suspect that someone is taking the time and energy to rig a Star Wars FC President contest. It'l like someone rigging the Special Olympics. It just doesn't make sense.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #336 on: June 2, 2006, 11:09 AM »
http://www.empiremovies.com/images/posters/the-ringer.jpg

One of you guys with Photoshop skills might be able to make this funny pertaining to Wise and Dustin ;)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 11:10 AM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 2, 2006, 12:30 PM »
...and within 3 years I own multiple corporations, my dream houses, my dream cars, I don't do drugs and I own a wonderful collection of high end SW props and vehicles....

I wanna know how he did ALL that in just 3 years? He must have been rich to begin with to own multiple corporations in just 3 years. Something seems funny to me about all of that... God Bless him if it's the truth. I wish I had that luck and drive.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:32 PM by Madcow »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #338 on: June 2, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Two rich guys buying up subscriptions for themselves.

Lame.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 2, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Sometimes I read that letter by USCWANNABE and I feel like..somehow it's like one of those success stories about someone on tV that tried to sell a new product and turned their life around..went into real estate, turned life around..ect.

It just does seem too good to be true/fake.

A made up letter and person to generate more subscriptions for the fan club like others in here had previously suggested?!

Possible conspirators would have had to known that enough folks hated Dustin's arrogant-ass, my-way-or-the-highway modding style to generate this much anti Dustin votes-with the fan club benefitting from all the anti-Dustin subscriptions. Now, in the end, the conspirators could claim that Dustin won and throw their phony candidate in the trash? The long delay would be perfect...the fan club could claim the amount of last minute votes that came in made the race close and that's why it took so long for the final winner to be determined....

I know it supposed to be "all in fun ::)"..perhaps I'm looking into this too much ???. Well, I know anyway that if the vote comes out like I think I will be pissed. Will definately 'have fun' being pleasantly surpried if I'm wrong.

The DS

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 4, 2006, 11:19 PM »
"Pay no attention to the dork behind the curtain"

http://www.oswcc.com/gallery/SOUTH-051306/imagepages/image1.htm

You may all vomit now...
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 4, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Give me a towel. My keyboard is now very damp...and sticky...and it has an odd stench...why is the stuff blue? Have I been eating too much blueberry pie?

I tried to hold my dinner down...but the picture...it's horror...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 5, 2006, 09:31 AM »
It just occured to me, perhaps the official announcement and introduction will be made at Comic-con.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 5, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Ahhh...you have a point there. Maybe the person who won already knows they won, but they're not going to tell...

Boy that would stink. another month of waiting.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 5, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I keep checking this thread, cuz I don't really want to hit up anywhere else, but still nothing. Getting hard to hold my breath.