Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 126945 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Word has it Lucasland let Rayrob see a few early designs they were thinking about going with for these t-shirts, but he leaked them all in a chat room one night, and they were none too pleased about it.

But RayBob asked for all those anonymous people in that chat room, who could have been anyone, anywhere, with any motive and who'd never have to answer to him ever, to keep those t-shirt designs a secret.

So it's not his fault.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Wasn't that leak intentional?  I always thought it was.
Got Clones?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Could have been, but it wasn't if you believe RayRob's story - he got very mad about it at the time.  Could have been an act I guess.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2006, 12:01 AM »
As creator of the Official Ice Cream Maker Guy Website, I hereby throw my support behind the Smentek/Hood campaign :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2006, 01:26 AM »
Could it be enough to push Jeff's campaign over the top?

I think so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2006, 02:40 AM »
It was recently suggested to me that this "List O' Fun" was perhaps in need of an update, so who the hell am I to deny you guys all this fun we're having?

Chinese-Starwars.com Supports Roberts & R2
Posted by Dustin on April 27, 2006 at 12:00 AM CST:
The support is now global...

G.A.R. Endorses Roberts In '06
Posted by Chris on April 26, 2006 at 01:34 PM CST:
Costuming group helps rally the troops...

Dustin Does Dallas
Posted by Chris on April 26, 2006 at 12:00 AM CST:
If you're planning to attend the Dallas Comic Con this weekend you'll want to be sure you stop by and visit Star Wars Fan Club candidate, Dustin Roberts! Dustin will be onsite recruiting Hyperspace members and giving away free swag all weekend long! Be sure to add him to you list of booths to stop in at, he'll be set up in booth number 1138.

Sith Vixen Endorses Roberts
Posted by Dustin on April 25, 2006 at 05:27 AM CST:
Sith Vixen has thrown her support for Star Wars Fan Club President behind Dustin Roberts! Check out her website right here for more about the ladies side of costuming.

Vader Painter Endorses Roberts
Posted by Dustin on April 24, 2006 at 12:00 AM CST:
The ultimate Sith Lord is now backing Roberts & R2 In '06!

Don Bies Endorses Roberts & R2!
Posted by Dustin on April 20, 2006 at 10:25 PM CST:
That's right folks, droid wrangler Don Bies has announced his endorsment of Roberts & R2 In '06! Check it out here!

Dallas Comic Con Endorses Roberts
Posted by Chris on April 20, 2006 at 10:31 AM CST:
The fine folks who put together the Dallas Comic Con have decided to back the man with the plan for Star Wars Fan Club President, Dustin Roberts. You can learn more about how you can help Dustin out, by clicking here! If you live in or near Dallas, TX. You may want to hit up this link to the Dallas Comic Con website. They've got a show scheduled for April 29th-30th that looks to be a lot of fun!

Help Dustin Bring It Home!
Posted by Dustin on April 17, 2006 at 12:01 AM CST:
Only one month to go in the race for Star Wars Fan Club President!

Garrison Carida Throws Support to Roberts & R2!
Posted by Dustin on April 10, 2006 at 10:00 AM CST:
First to advance, last to retreat...

Special Thanks To The Following
Posted by Dustin on April 9, 2006 at 12:39 PM CST:
R2 & I have been super busy hitting up the midwest trying to capture the undecided votes in our campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President! All the while we've been adding tons of support online as well. Here are a few new websites who've decided to support our cause! Thanks everyone for your support! Aquacell Productions - KerryEarnhardtFans.com - Star Wars y Mas! ( Hola mi amigos! )

Thank You Master Replicas!
Posted by Dustin on April 7, 2006 at 08:04 PM CST:
Master Replicas shows their support for Roberts & R2...

Special Thanks To Matt Busch
Posted by Dustin on April 7, 2006 at 11:36 AM CST:
The Rock Star of Illustration is backing Roberts for Fan Club President...

Special Thanks Across the Pond
Posted by Dustin on April 6, 2006 at 10:04 AM CST:
With only 39 days left in the competition, the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President is still going strong! Today we've added a nice handful of Star Wars fansites from across the pond to our ever growing list of supporters who believe in the cause! Please take a moment to check out these fellow Star Wars fans' own websites to see just what they're all about! Mintinbox.net - Trash Compactor Chronicles - Zee Zee's Star Wars Books

Special Thanks To Joe Corroney!
Posted by Dustin on April 4, 2006 at 09:54 PM CST:
My good friend Joe Corroney has decided to jump on the Roberts & R2 bandwagon! Thats right Joe Corroney supports Roberts to be the next Star Wars Fan Club President! Joe also mentioned he had been super busy these days drawing Spike Vs. Dracula for IDW Publishing. The first two issues are on sale right now and you can check out the covers and interior art for the series at Joe's website right here, and read more about the new series and his many upcoming SW projects in his Starwars.com blog!

Special Thanks To The Custom Alliance
Posted by Dustin on April 1, 2006 at 01:01 AM CST:
A Big "What up"! Goes out to my customizing buddies over at The Custom Alliance! They've decided to back the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President! Click here to find out how you can help too!

Just The Good 'Ol Boys
Posted by Dustin on March 31, 2006 at 11:42 AM CST:
I want to give a shout out to all my Star Wars buddies in KSWCC ( Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club ) for throwing their support to the Roberts & R2 In '06 Star Wars Fan Club Presidential campaign! I try to attend a few of their local meetings thoughout the year and whenever I do it always is a great day of Star Wars collecting fun! Check 'em out online here!

Got Myspace?
Posted by Dustin on March 30, 2006 at 11:31 AM CST:
Jump on board the Roberts & R2 bandwagon!

Special Thanks To Wattographs!
Posted by Dustin on March 30, 2006 at 11:09 AM CST:
The team over at Wattographs.com has thrown their support behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 Star Wars Fan Club Presidential campaign! Wattographs if you didn't know already is a website that specializes in Star Wars autographs! If you haven't already, check them out and bookmark their site today!

Special Thanks to CommTechGuide.com
Posted by Dustin on March 27, 2006 at 07:08 PM CST:
Remember the CommTech Reader from Episode One? Well there's a website called CommTechGuide.com that specializes in this beautiful hunk of plastic! Like did you know about plans to create another CommTech reader?! Stop by and check out some of the images of what could have been right here! Special thanks to the CommTech Crew for backing the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President!

Special Thanks To Star Wars Limited Edition
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 12:30 PM CST:
Star Wars Limited Edition deals with high end collectible news. They've unanimously decided to throw their support behind Roberts & R2 In '06! Check them out today!

Special Thanks To The Chewseum!
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 10:46 AM CST:
The Chewseum has jumped on board the Roberts & R2 In '06 bandwagon! Similar to my very own R2D2Central.com, the Chewseum is a website dedicated to collectibles surrounding our very favorite Wookiee, Chewbacca!

Special Thanks To Yakface.com
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 09:40 AM CST:
Thanks to my old friends at Yakface.com for puting their support behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President! As many folks know, I previously worked at Yakface.com before making the move to Rebelscum.com back in 2000. Thanks for the support guys! If you've never heard of them before (gasp!) be sure to stop by and bookmark the site today!

Special Thanks To The 3+3/4" Archives
Posted by Dustin on March 25, 2006 at 09:52 AM CST:
My man Kevin from the 3+3/4" Archives wrote in supporting my campaign for Fan Club President. If you were a toy from a bad '80s TV show, you'll find your picture here, at the 3+3/4" Archives!

Special Thanks To Deathstarplans2.com
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 09:58 PM CST:
I've gotta say I truly appreciate it when a competitor steps up and jumps on the Roberts & R2 In '06 Bandwagon! Deathstarplans2.com know what it takes to make a stand for what you belive in! Check them out here!

Special Thanks To The Star Wars Fan's Union
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 03:30 PM CST:
The Star Wars Fan's Union has given their support to the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! The Star Wars Fan's Union is a GameSpot Union dedicated to the games of the Star Wars galaxy. Click here to check them out!

Roberts & R2 In '06 Update!
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 06:21 AM CST:
Hey guys & Gals, I'm up by three but looking for a solid lead! If you haven't already, please consider subscribing or renewing your Hyperspace membership! Also, when doing so be sure to use "dustin@rebelscum.com" as the referral email address! Thanks so much I truly appreciate your support! R2 says he does too!

Special Thanks To Reviewstarwars.com
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 03:41 AM CST:
Arnie and Marjorie from the collectibles podcast over at Reviewstarwars.com have notified R&R2 HQ that they are fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Stop on over and give them a listen today!

Special Thanks To Roguedesigner.net
Posted by Dustin on March 23, 2006 at 03:58 PM CST:
Roguedesigner.net have stated their support for the Roberts & R2 In '06 by adding a banner to their website linking back to R&R2 HQ! Be sure to stop by and check our Roguedesigner.net today!

Special Thanks To OSWCC
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 11:10 PM CST:
The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club ( OSWCC ) is fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! If you live in Ohio and collect Star Wars, this is the place for you! Stop by and sign up today!

Special Thanks To The Emulator Strikes Back
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 10:41 PM CST:
Gotta give kudos to my good friends over at The Emulator Strikes Back. This game emulation website is fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Drop in on them today and say hello!

Special Thanks To Lightsabre
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 08:51 PM CST:
Thanks to the staff at Lightsabre for showing their support of the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Be sure to stop by and check them out! There's a lot of good interviews over there!

Special Thanks To The 501st Special Ops
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 06:00 PM CST:
The Special Ops Detachment of the Mighty 501st are backing Roberts & R2 In '06! Shouldn't you too?! Click here to find out all there is to know about what it takes to be a member of the 501st Special Ops Detachment!

Special Thanks To SWStartours.net
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 03:30 PM CST:
Special thanks to SWStartours.net for their support for the Dustin & R2 In '06 campaign! If you enjoy Star Tours then you're gonna love this website dedicated to everything and anything Star Tours related. Former Rebelscum team mate, Kris with a "K" is the man with the plan behind this little gem on the internet! Stop by today and check it out!

Special Thanks To The Rebel Legion
Posted by Dustin on March 21, 2006 at 09:10 PM CST:
Many thanks to my good friends over at the Rebel Legion! They've jumped onto the Roberts & R2 In '06 bandwagon and are helping us blaze a path to victory! The Rebel Legion is the premier Rebel costuming group in the Star Wars community. Stop by and check them out today!

Dustin For President
Posted by Philip on March 20, 2006 at 09:39 AM CST:
I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed by the subscriptions...

Special Thanks To Astromech.net
Posted by Dustin on March 19, 2006 at 08:19 PM CST:
I'd like to take time out from the campaign trail here and recognize Astromech.net as our very first "Friends of DLR". They've taken the time to help spread the word by placing a banner on their website supporting the Roberts & R2 in '06 campaign for Fan Club President. We like to recognize those who support the mission. Please take time to see what they're all about!

Rebelscum Invades MySpace.com
Posted by Dustin on March 16, 2006 at 06:26 AM CST:
Hey everyone, I'm up and running on Myspace.com and am looking to expand my network of friends! Stop by and send an invite to join my "Inner Circle" of Star Wars buddies! You can check me out on MySpace.com right here!

Dustin For Fan Club President!
Posted by Philip on March 13, 2006 at 09:20 PM CST:
No kidding. As you know they're having a Hyperspace signup contest over at Starwars.com. We've decided to have a bit of fun with it. Read all about it here.

One thing's for sure:  This **** never, ever gets old.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:42 AM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2006, 03:18 AM »
FUN can't get old god dammit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Thanks MWB -  ;)

Check this out - USC is over 100 now - almost up by 20!

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/prez2006.html

I ******' love it.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2006, 09:40 AM »
As creator of the Official Ice Cream Maker Guy Website, I hereby throw my support behind the Smentek/Hood campaign :-*

Thanks for the Support!  Smentek/Hood all the way!

Jeff Smentek
"All Around Groovy Dude"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2006, 01:44 PM »
It's funny, there was a post in the "VOTE FOR DUSTIN!" thread at Rebelscum this morning where a guy said that he just renewed his membership and USCWannabe got his vote.  But it was quickly deleted. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Phillip's been running that thread like he was Karl Rove... all mention of the opposition gets deleted.

At least they're allowing other campaign threads out in Wuher's.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I really wish I was feeling better.
I'd LOVE to go to the Dallas Con this weekend wearing some sort of anti-Dustin/Rebelscum shirt... just to see what would happen... probably would be kicked out- the audacity! ;)

You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Incidentally, I finally got around to throwing your banner up on CloneWarz today when I updated with some old news. Huzzah and so on.

Just 100 more votes til you're in the lead, but I'm certain this endorsement will send our loyal readers ******* to your campaign. ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:06 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Incidentally, I finally got around to throwing your banner up on CloneWarz today when I updated with some old news. Huzzah and so on.

Shouldn't there be a front page announcement?   :P

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:49 PM by JayDouble »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2006, 10:32 PM »

Yeah, I'll get right on those front page announcements since I know you all love them so much!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender