Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127021 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Yeah, I'll get right on those front page announcements since I know you all love them so much!

It's that kind of attitude which is losing this election for you, Ralph Nader.

>:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2006, 09:37 AM »
It's that kind of attitude which is losing this election for you, Ralph Nader.

Oh... we'll just see about that...  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2006, 10:03 AM »
i can't vote. i dont have the money. i support you though. i'm not feeding the money-hungry Phil. that's for sure.

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Uh-oh, I just heard some bad news.   :-\

Rumor has it that Dustin is about to announce that his candidacy is now being endorsed by: the letter E, the number 7, hydrogen, and the force of gravity.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Rumor has it that Dustin is about to announce that his candidacy is now being endorsed by: the letter E, the number 7, hydrogen, and the force of gravity.

I'm sorry, but I own all rights to the letter E...and it does not endorse that campaign.  Maybe if he gives me one of those free posters it will.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2006, 06:43 PM »
It is with a heavy heart that I must abandon my campaign for the Honorary Title of President of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club.   :'(

I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, there won't be enough outstanding votes for us to be able to win. And therefore, we can not win this election.

My friends, it was here that we began our campaign for the presidency. All we had was hope and a vision for a better Fan Club. It was a privilege and a gift to spend four weeks traveling this Forum, coming to know so many of you. I wish that I could just wrap you in my arms and embrace each and every one of you individually all across this nation. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I will always be particularly grateful to the colleague who became my partner, my very close friend, an extraordinary leader, Willrow Hood (aka the Ice Cream Maker Guy).  I thank him for everything he did.  Willrow and I would be the first to tell you that we owe so much to our families. They're here with us today. They were with us every single step of the way. They sustained us. They went out on their own and they multiplied our campaign, all across this country.

I want to thank my fellow staff members and my friends. That great ‘band of brothers’ who criss-crossed this country on my behalf throughout April. Thank you. They had the courage to speak the truth, and they spoke it again and again, and for that, I will forever be grateful.

Thanks to Democrats and Republicans and independents who stood with us, and everyone who voted no matter who their candidate was. What you did made a difference, and building on itself, we go on to make a difference another day. I promise you, that time will come. The time will come, the election will come when your work and your ballots will change the world, and it's worth fighting for.

I want to especially say to the Star Wars Fans in this journey, you have given me honor and the gift of listening and learning from you. I have visited your homes. I have visited your churches. I've visited your union halls. I've heard your stories, I know your struggles, I know your hopes. They're part of me now, and I will never forget you, and I'll never stop fighting for you.

You may not understand completely in what ways, but it is true when I say to you that you have taught me and you've tested me and you've lifted me up, and you made me stronger.  I did my best to express my vision and my hopes for the Fan Club. We worked hard and we fought hard and I wish that things had turned out a little differently.

I'm proud of what we stood for in this campaign, and of what we accomplished. When we began, no one thought it was possible to even make this a close race. But we stood for real change, change that would make a real difference in the life of our nation, the lives of our families.

So here -- so with a grateful heart -- I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I've come to know our vast country so much better. Thanks to all of you and what a privilege it has been. And that prayer is very simple: God bless America. Thank you.

If you've been procrastinating and you still want to cast a vote, I would ask that you vote for the current leader in this race - Tommy "USCWANNABE" Costabile - by entering tom.costabile@gmail.com as your referral.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2006, 07:00 PM »
I for one will continue to display my Jeff for Prez bumper sticker for many years even after we have the official results.   ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I for one will continue to display my Jeff for Prez bumper sticker for many years even after we have the official results.   ;)

As you should.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2006, 07:08 PM »
So what went wrong?

I think it all started when Dustin's campaign manager started spreading rumors that you had fathered an African-American child.

Or maybe it was when you were caught having sex with Donna Rice on a boat down in Miami.

But, at any rate, Godspeed, Jeff.  You fought the good fight and that's something the bastards will never be able to take away from you.

Enjoy your Rayrob shirt.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2006, 07:45 PM »
 :'(

That was quite the emotional concession speech Jeff. Kudos to you for putting up a good fight and then taking the high road as you left.

I think you could have won though, if and only if, you had referred to yourself in the 3rd party.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Jeff, it was fun while it lasted.  You ran a respectable campaign and didn't try and ram it down people's throats.  It was all in good fun too in your speech.  It was heartfelt yet you made it enjoyable too with some light hearted comedy.  And God bless America like you said.   ;)

:)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Damn.  I simply won't be sleeping tonight.  Damn.  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2006, 02:06 AM »
***Flails his arms wildly while crying hysterically***
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Bummer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2006, 03:36 PM »
So what went wrong?

I think it all started when Dustin's campaign manager started spreading rumors that you had fathered an African-American child.

The real problem is that Jeff has fathered children all over the country and a couple more in Mexico.  For shame.