Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127216 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Or Dale?

Definatley not Dale. I'd know that Canadian accent anywhere!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2006, 02:05 PM »
Before we start gloating too much, we should realize that we have no idea who uscwannabe is.  What if turns out to be GNT?  Or Greenday?  Or Dale?

:-\
Or Philip Wise.   :o

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2006, 03:32 PM »
That would rule! :o
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Before we start gloating too much, we should realize that we have no idea who uscwannabe is.  What if turns out to be Greenday? 
 :-\
"i fan club president now!11111 el bitchs!!!111111111"

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2006, 06:07 PM »
I'd love for it to be Greenday.  He's my number one hope, but he was too well spoken any time he has spoken to possibly be that guy.

GNT I doubt.  Financial backing is a must for this guy and GNT's only good at mad science projects, which are hardly lucrative.

Philip...  Entirely possible.  I'd laugh, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out to be the case, and this was all a big scam on their part.

If he wins I want the FC store to offer official white nuthuggers with a SWS.com logo on the one pantleg.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2006, 08:11 PM »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2006, 09:01 PM »
If he wins I want the FC store to offer official white nuthuggers with a SWS.com logo on the one pantleg.

Me too.  Except the logo should go right over the ass since that's where they're giving it to us.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2006, 10:28 PM »
The following is from someone at Rebelscum.  I'm not gonna say who exactly, but let's just call him "Mave Dyatt."

As of right now that other guy is at 227 votes. Before I go on, I'd like to say that the below opinion is mine and mine alone...

This is BS. How can a guy who a) thinks TPM came out in 1996 b) admits to not being involved in his local fan community and c) is a complete unknown get 227 votes. I don't care who is pulling the wool over our eyes, but sure as s*** some one is. This contest is not being won legitimately. There is no way.

Dustin has been working his bag off on this and using only the SW En Direct interviews as a guide, he's clearly more involved in the community and equally clearly more articulate and intelligent.

I've never liked how LFL ran this contest and feel it is a slap in the collective face of the community, but I'm becoming more and more outraged by the insult.

Having been Dustin's friend and colleague for almost a decade, I know in my heart that he's a man who has earned this title, and I pray that LFL realizes that and disqualifies the guy with the shady background who has publicly told the community to "go ____ itself", proven to be a homophobe, and has riddled his public statements with pro-pot smoking references. (What you do in your own house is not my business, but our community has a lot of young impressionable members and having a fan club president who openly advocates 420 is wrong on too many levels)

If LFL allows this clown to be the fan club president, then I sincerely hope everyone asks for a refund and spends their hard earned money on a company that has their fan base's best interests in mind. I can just imagine the negative press LFL will get if this man wins.

I know he's said time and again that he isn't buying votes, but ask yourself how a guy who can't get names and dates right can get so many people to support him. And if it really is all friends and family supporting him, how can that be an honest reflection of what our community wants and needs.

Just how sour are those grapes, anyway?  My God.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I would think those bumblefucks would have the brains to realize that they've pissed off enough people over the last 10 years that most people are probably saying "Anyone but Dustin"

I know if I wanted to waste $40, I'd be voting for USCwannabe (after Jeff of course)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2006, 03:51 AM »
That quote you left there Virex is just incredible...  I mean, I'm even a little open-jawed at the arrogance in it alone, and that's the tip of the iceberg...  The whole thing is just the entire opposite of what this whole election was supposed to be...  Fun.

So much for this being just a jovial little game for the guys at Rebelscum...  Dave can say that it isn't anyone's opinion but his own, but let's not play stupid here...  Obviously there's anymosity among the staff over this thing.

What happened to this all being about "fun"?  Who cares who wins, it's just a big "fun" thing for everyone involved to have a laugh about at the end right?

I've heard all kinds of **** about this it's not even funny...  Everything from people mailing taunting stuff and even threats to some of the people trying to win this, to the obvious vote-buying and rampant whoring of campaigns, mudslinging, name calling...  The works.

This thing was a big fat assed joke from day 1, and it's become nothing but amusing to me at this point.

It's nice to see just what kind of people love to get their hands dirty in this hobby when it all boils down to it...  This Fan Club Campaign never was just "fun" to anyone, and it really hurt some feelings when the whole thing didn't pan out like some had hoped.  All for a position of no power, just something to stroke one's own ego a little bit and win some ****.

To me, I say USWCWannaBe won the game the fairest way possible...  On his own.  To that end I applaud the guy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2006, 09:23 AM »
I would think those bumblefucks would have the brains to realize that they've pissed off enough people over the last 10 years that most people are probably saying "Anyone but Dustin"

If that's the case, then it shows how short sighted people can be. There were how many other people to throw support at?

If those are all anti-DLR votes then I am ashamed of our community.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline soggybottomboy2469

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Is this thing over yet?  I have my thank you letter all ready for uscwannabe.  Great campaign!  Wonderful to see the evil empire defeated!!!

-----------------------------------------------
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!
Star Wars minis rule...1006 and counting!
BOYCOTT Rebelscum...SUPPORT JediDefender.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Today's the last day. 

Anything could happen...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2006, 01:45 PM »
Having been Dustin's friend and colleague for almost a decade, I know in my heart that he's a man who has earned this title, and I pray that LFL realizes that and disqualifies the guy with the shady background who has publicly told the community to "go ____ itself",

Is this tongue in cheek or tongue in *******?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2006, 02:33 PM »
I'd like to revisit this paragraph, if I could--it's my favorite part of the whole deal:

Having been Dustin's friend and colleague for almost a decade, I know in my heart that he's a man who has earned this title, and I pray that LFL realizes that and disqualifies the guy with the shady background who has publicly told the community to "go ____ itself", proven to be a homophobe, and has riddled his public statements with pro-pot smoking references. (What you do in your own house is not my business, but our community has a lot of young impressionable members and having a fan club president who openly advocates 420 is wrong on too many levels)

I also heard that USCWannabe is:

• Pro-Gay Marriage
  • Pro-terrorism
  • Pro-high gas prices
  • Pro-global warming
  • Pro-baby eating
  • Pro-spinach
  • Anti-cookies
  • Anti-cute little puppies
  • Anti-Mom
  • Anti-Baseball
  • Anti-Apple Pie
  • Anti-supporting the troops

And on top of all that, he never even served in Vietnam, like he said he did!

>:(

**** you, USCWannabe.  How dare you beat Dustin and Rebelscum at their own game of whoring themselves out at every opportunity, just to make a quick buck.

How dare you.