Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127114 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2006, 08:21 PM »
Somehow I can't say I'm supprised.

It's a good thing Myatt was whinning about all the vote buying and the right guy ended up winning. Cause we all know Philip and Dustin wouldn't buy votes.... Right?

::)
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2006, 09:28 PM »
You know, I'm just ******* pissed at that.  A regular fan had no chance to win and instead the entire thing is being wasted on an insider that already gets benefits others don't have access to.

It's not even a RS.com or Dustin issue, I'd be upset if anyone related to a fan site had won this thing.  Just like any contest you see, employees or associates aren't eligible.  I'd argue that fan sites with inside connections like RS.com should be exempt as should their employees.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2006, 09:34 PM »
My ass kind of hurts. Glad I didn't throw away $40 on USC.

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2006, 09:37 PM »
This contest had no intergity or even anything close to what being a fan is.

So glad I didn't re-up and contribute to this stupidity.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2006, 09:42 PM »
I'm not too suprise to see this announcement being made since there was such a huge delay in telling who the winner was.  I hope the offical site explains what the total votes where and what PW was talking about with this quote:

I think maybe some of you might not have considered the possibility that there were rules in the contest that affected the outcome.

Reading the rules it could be USC had something in his background that disqualfied him but they should at least explain that.  

Also does Dustin work with Offical Pix?  I ask because that should disqualify  him since it works with Lucas Film in getting autograph pictures out.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2006, 09:57 PM »
If they buy the win last minute, it'll be the ultimate laugh in the face at all their crying in that campaign thread that got locked up over there.  Part of me almost hopes it happens just to show how utterly hypocritical the whole thing was.

:D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2006, 09:59 PM »
The following is from someone at Rebelscum.  I'm not gonna say who exactly, but let's just call him "Mave Dyatt."

As of right now that other guy is at 227 votes. Before I go on, I'd like to say that the below opinion is mine and mine alone...

This is BS. How can a guy who a) thinks TPM came out in 1996 b) admits to not being involved in his local fan community and c) is a complete unknown get 227 votes. I don't care who is pulling the wool over our eyes, but sure as s*** some one is. This contest is not being won legitimately. There is no way.

Dustin has been working his bag off on this and using only the SW En Direct interviews as a guide, he's clearly more involved in the community and equally clearly more articulate and intelligent.

I've never liked how LFL ran this contest and feel it is a slap in the collective face of the community, but I'm becoming more and more outraged by the insult.

Having been Dustin's friend and colleague for almost a decade, I know in my heart that he's a man who has earned this title, and I pray that LFL realizes that and disqualifies the guy with the shady background who has publicly told the community to "go ____ itself", proven to be a homophobe, and has riddled his public statements with pro-pot smoking references. (What you do in your own house is not my business, but our community has a lot of young impressionable members and having a fan club president who openly advocates 420 is wrong on too many levels)

If LFL allows this clown to be the fan club president, then I sincerely hope everyone asks for a refund and spends their hard earned money on a company that has their fan base's best interests in mind. I can just imagine the negative press LFL will get if this man wins.

I know he's said time and again that he isn't buying votes, but ask yourself how a guy who can't get names and dates right can get so many people to support him. And if it really is all friends and family supporting him, how can that be an honest reflection of what our community wants and needs.

Just how sour are those grapes, anyway?  My God.

Bumped just for posterity.  This post is one of the classics of all time right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I didn't win?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I didn't win?   ???

You're one of a handful of people in the entire world who won the exclusive Rayrob t-shirt; is that not enough?  Some people.  Sheesh.

---

The way I see it, somethin' shady was going on--either with USC during the "election," or with Philip Wise afterward.

But it's all about the "fun," as Philip has already repeated ad nauseam in the RS thread--so I hope everybody keeps that in mind as RS ***** it down everyone's neck for the next year.

"Rebelscum.com, Home of Star Wars Fan Club President, Dustin Roberts"

Puke.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2006, 10:33 PM »
So wait, it takes them several extra months to count the votes (despite them being counted as they were cast) and somehow the guy who was behind by how many votes (30?  50?) manages to win?

Complete, and total, bull****.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2006, 10:47 PM »
But isn't it nice how Triumph recorded a congrats for him?

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I think it was more like 100 votes behind :P.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Some days are great in SW Geekdom, this wasn't one of them, the news that two EU figures won the Fan's Choice Poll and that this smug bastard bought the Fan Club election...I agree with Matthew...puke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2006, 11:03 PM »
The only thing positive I can say about the whole thing is that USCWannabe was gonna buy it too, so ultimately Dustin didn't do anything differently, what is disgusting about it though is that it's played off like something it isn't...  I don't bemoan Dustin getting it so much as the fact that nobody's really being honest about the whole thing.

None of it was "Fun" to anyone who was actually in the running...  That's such a blatant lie, it's condescending of them to even play the game that all they ever wanted to do was have a good time with the whole shitpile that was this "election".  It's so clearly NOT fun whenever the winner couldn't seemingly buy himself the gig...  Now it seems that the obvious shenanigans are AOK when they work to your favor.

The whole thing was silly to begin with and I don't think many people here ever thought it was going to turn out ANY other way than it has, myself included.  This is exactly what I figured, and the big ass rant about buying the election is a million times more comically hypocritical now than it was a few months back.

Offline RenegadeJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Oh man, I am so going to heckling this SOB at Comic Con! Anyone have an e-mail address to the fan club? I am going to cancel my subscription over this.

Oh Philip if you are reading this...I used to go byt he name "TRAKKERZOG"...I am sure you remeber me...I used to flay your back side on a daily basis over on the old school message boards several years ago.

With no more movies on the horizon my interest in Star Wars is waining (sp?)...this may completly extinguish the fire now.
"Collect to Collect" what moron thought that statement up?