Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 126962 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2006, 08:16 AM »
There's not much to say that hasn't already been said.

It's bull****, no two ways about it.

Offline Sallah

• Youngling
  • Back due to Black
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Congrats to Dustin for winning, but I have to say, this does seem really unfair. It's really wrong of the fan club to not even acknowledge the vote totals and what happened to USCwannabe. That's unfair to USCwannabe and Dustin as well because it becomes a tainted victory....

And FYI, the number for the fan club is 1-866-205-0034.

Sallah

Come join the "Star Wars- The Black Series" Facebook fan page! https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsTheBlackSeries

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I figure soon we will start hearing PW complaining about folks cancelling their subscriptions. When this happens it will pretty much 'uncover' the cover up....the RS 'in league' with the contest judges conspiracy.

Disgusting :P

The DS

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Well looks like Im not going to Fan Club Day at Celebration 4. I was waiting for the outcome of this before I bought my stupid subscription. Now knowing Grandpa Munster gets a cut I won't be buying that ****.
How could Wise get a cut of the subscription money?  I thought he got some sort of perk if people subscribed using the link Dustin provided, but I don't know that it was monetary, was it?  I waited until after the "contest," but before the announcment to subscribe so I'd be able to go to Fan Club Day at C4, so I don't feel like I supported Dustin or Wise in any way.

Also, for those of you cancelling, or considering cancelling, your subscriptions, does the FC even offer a refund for cancelled subs?  I understand you're trying to make a point, but why cheat yourself out of $40 when, ultimately, no one at the FC is going to give a rat's derriere?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Well looks like Im not going to Fan Club Day at Celebration 4. I was waiting for the outcome of this before I bought my stupid subscription. Now knowing Grandpa Munster gets a cut I won't be buying that ****.
How could Wise get a cut of the subscription money?  I thought he got some sort of perk if people subscribed using the link Dustin provided, but I don't know that it was monetary, was it? 

Yes, please elaborate!!!
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I just realized that it took double the amount of time to decide this thing than it did the 2000 presidential election.

That is ******* retarded, folks.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I just realized that it took double the amount of time to decide this thing than it did the 2000 presidential election.

That is ******* retarded, folks.

Either way, the outcome is a ******bag of a president that the majority of people didn't vote for.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2006, 04:20 PM »
I'm curious as well how Wise gets a cut...  Not knocking the people who said that, I just don't think that's true is all.  Not that I was aware anyway.  There's no financial bonus or anything for anyone that I'm aware of.  It's just a title, Dustin gets his SDCC trip paid for (I question if it wasn't anyway but I digress), and he gets some stuff that I think at least in part he's planning to donate to give-aways...  Which is fine.

Like I said, I don't fault the guy his "contest" winnings and all that...  Completely beside the point really.  The point is how shadily this thing was handled...  How childish it was treated by many people over there what with the constant front page crap, the whining when not enough people were voting to suit them, the bitchfest when it appeared that Dustin wasn't going to win...

But now, suddenly it's all good to essentially (and quite clearly) buy your win?  I mean that's the kind of online nerd humor you can't pay for...  Oh wait, yes you can.  But it's still funny in such a douchebaggish way that it's tough to put it into words.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 11, 2006, 04:56 PM »
I, personally was talking about publicity, not a financial cut.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #399 on: July 11, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Ah ok, gotcha. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Didn't he have links to subscription ordering when the campaign was in high gear?  I thought I read sponsors give single digit "spiffs" to sponsors if customers (directed from the fan site) bought something?

Edit:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:32 PM by ruiner »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27 PM »
I'm curious as well how Wise gets a cut...  Not knocking the people who said that, I just don't think that's true is all.  Not that I was aware anyway.  There's no financial bonus or anything for anyone that I'm aware of. 

Mr. Wise answered directly here: WISE GETS COMMISSION

Did you get your cut JJ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:35 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I stand corrected then...  :)

God, how classless.  Add to that the fact that they own Official Pix and really Dustin shouldn't have been eligible actually...  It may be picking nits to some, but he's worked the OP booth routinely for them, is affiliated with them...  This really is comically screwed up. 

It's a shame to see the hobby so infiltrated like this to where the "average joe" doesn't have a chance of involvement in a contest like this.  I don't know why they didn't just give it to Dustin as soon as he entered then.  It would've saved time and aggrevation by many, many people.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 11, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Oh I remember Jeff (or someone here) noticing that the subscription links from the campaign posts over at RS were affiliate links.

(I would have done the same thing given the same situation...)

:-X

Regardless, I think affiliates  (or whatever you want to call them) should be excluded from contests like this.  It's no different than employees being excluded from contests that their company throws for customers.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #404 on: July 11, 2006, 06:14 PM »
So, I'm done messing with this discussion as it's just running around in circles. I have spent valuable time I did not have messing with this subject.

To those who are pissed off Dustin won: Whether you showed your cards here or not, leave now. I don't wish you to be using our resources ever again.

I await emails with your user accounts so I may close them.

No more discussion on this topic will be allowed.

EDIT:

And, yes, I have also removed the thread. A thread such as this does not deserve to be retained.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 06:22 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."