Author Topic: question about clones  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
question about clones
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:03 PM »
hey guys. well i'm back. i havent been on JD since Nov! because of school and other things. so i wanted to know if that new commander cody was already released and where i can find it. also, since im mostly a clone collector, i wanted to kno if there have been any new clone figures released and what clones have been released.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:19 PM by Commander_shopao »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Vague thread-title gets a vague answer:

"Yes"
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Vague thread-title gets a vague answer:

"Yes"

Right, so at any rate, Commander Cody, Scorch, and the Utapau Grunt are all out right now.  Cody has just started being found at Target and Walmart, and Scorch and the Utapau Grunt are out right now almost everywhere.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: question about clones
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Also a good page to look for recent finding is the JD home page  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 05:21 PM »
thanx. ill be on the lookout. and bill, i changed the thred-title and modified my question.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 05:24 AM »
Also a good page to look for recent finding is the JD home page  ;)

Thanks. ;)

And with that advice I also suggest looking into your local area's finds thread here at Jedi Defender... 

Question's been answered though, so get thee to the Clones and buy...  Not that finding them has been easy or anything, but yeah, there's stuff out to be found.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 10:44 AM »
it's easy (for me)

EDITED (since it's obviously not easy for everyone and ..without putting the for me in there it makes it look like it easy everywhere, which it isn't) for clarity
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:15 PM by The DS »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Cody has just started being found at Target and Walmart, and Scorch and the Utapau Grunt are out right now almost everywhere.

Define almost anywhere.  I would actually say almost nowhere :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Since this thread was taking a turn for the worse, I chopped out some stuff that wasn't really needed.

It's one thing to debate how easy it is for some to find stuff while others in smaller towns struggle, but let's keep it nice and clean (personal attacks not required).  Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:00 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 01:24 PM »
I'm noticing that once figures get to be more common people start caring less...
For instance....my area has had Geo since mid-Feb...I think everyone(in my area) has a U. clone because THIS happened here recently. Last week our WM's got the cody wave for first time. I went to one store and needed the Coruscant wave stocked--
I noticed all 4 cases had been opened and all 4 cody's(1 per case) were gone. However, the u. clones(2 per case) were all still there?! That's 8 total clones..naturally I bought them for other folks...(would never leave a desired fig  for scalping chance). I remember that one day I went into a WM and there was 10 shocktroopers on the pegs it was at 6 PM- I asked the lady and she told me they put those out last nite!This after those shocks had already been out for a month.

I was holding hope that as stores would start stocking more often so that disgruntled people will be finding these clones more and buying  them..driving the scalpers prices down forcing them to stop..it COULD happen still..here's to holding out hope... :-\

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 01:44 AM »
May as well stick this here...

Have we definitely resolved any of the numerous figures vs movie questions we had back when ROTS debuted?

-Are there any plain, white troopers seen in the movie?

-Any with the antennas on their backs? I'm wondering if this wasn't a discarded idea that was changed too late for Hasbro to catch up, ala Palpatine with blue saber? I know Lucas ditched an idea of having the clones eyes turn red when they were signaled with Order 66. Maybe this was going to be in the flick, but got ditched...?

-Is an Utapau "Shadow Trooper" ever actually seen, or is this Hasbro's own creation?

-Was the "blue Bacara" completely fabricated?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 11:35 AM »
May as well stick this here...

Have we definitely resolved any of the numerous figures vs movie questions we had back when ROTS debuted?

Yes, at the gunning stations on the Republic cruisers at the beginning of the movie, as well as dead white clones on the floor of the Jedi Temple after the 501st came through.  We previously thought that the clones on Coruscant when Tarrful landed were white, but we later learned that they have grey paint on their armor, and are Commander Gree's clones, before they suited up into their BARC scout armor on Kashyyyk. 

The clones on the gunship shot of Yoda and Mace talking may be white as well.

-Any with the antennas on their backs? I'm wondering if this wasn't a discarded idea that was changed too late for Hasbro to catch up, ala Palpatine with blue saber? I know Lucas ditched an idea of having the clones eyes turn red when they were signaled with Order 66. Maybe this was going to be in the flick, but got ditched...?

I don't believe there were any with antennas on their backs, but I'm not 100% sure.

-Is an Utapau "Shadow Trooper" ever actually seen?

-Was the "blue Bacara" completely fabricated?

Nope, and nope.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 11:36 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 07:43 PM »

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline Darth_Legois_619

• Youngling
  • LAAT VS GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2006, 09:42 PM »

& lots of people on RS.com still think there arent any!
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 09:45 PM by Darth_Legois_619 »