Author Topic: My PN Idea.  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
My PN Idea.
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Well my parents had spoken about a digital camera in the future right, so I jumped for joy at the thought of the possibility of making a photonovel and showing off my customs!  ;D
However this may be a long time, but I am looking for possible ideas for my pn.

It is based around the 501st Legion and it ranges from the deserts of geonosis to a bit after the clone wars and during the jedi purge.

I am wondering how I would go about making this a great photonovel.
Does anybody here have any ideas, tips and what type of greebles and things to incorporate into the PN?

Thanks alot,

Clone Commander.

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: My PN Idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Just a suggestion: Make your PN as little about Canon continuity as possible. You'll have a heck of a time making sure everything meshes properly.

Try making your own story without adopting any known characters... it sounds harder, but I think it's actually easier :)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Well so far in my stories I have the following characters:

Jedi padawan(knight later on): He has no name yet I need a good one, and for this I need the brains of JD!!!  ;D
He is SA, has the shins of a #6 Clone Trooper, TSC Han Solo head and additional greebles and a new robe color scheme.

Commander Appo(501st Commander): He is an SA Clone with removable helmet and straps added on.
Pretty straight forward.

Clone Trooper 1(Name?):
He is a SA Trooper with a removable helmet and a magnet from the pilot obi-wan on his belt so when they attack the temple he can pick up a saber!

Clones:
There are a few others just need good names.

501st Legion ARC Trooper Lieutenant:
A rots clone commander with blue marking and a Jango Fett antena he needs a suitable name.

More to come but I need sleep at the moment.

Thanks for advice.

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Do you have Phase 1 Clones to do all the early stuff with (Geonisis, Clone Wars battles) before you get to the ROTS era?

Sounds like you have a good plan in the works, CC!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:23 AM »
MY suggestion is to be sure to have the entire story in outline form.  That has helped me create the DARK ILLUSIONS story.  If you know the entire story in advance, you'll know what each chapter needs to cover and where the story is going.  You can always change the story as you progress, but at least your thought and ideas are organized.

Good luck and I look forward to your story, CLONE COMDR!
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Well I have this so far:

Phase 1:

4 EE Clones with damage.
1 Evolution Clone Commander
1 Alpha or just an ARC Trooper

Phase 2:

Commander Appo
ARC Trooper
Clone Trooper
Clone Trooper Medic
ARC Trooper Gunner
Jet Trooper
Jedi Knight/Jedi Commander 

They all have 501st markings(Phase 2).

Also I have a ROTS Gunship to work with and a Saga Jedi Starfighter.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I also have a few civilians that will die during the battle of coruscant.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

As soon as we get a digital Camera I can get this show on the road.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Any suggestions on what figures would be good for backround characters at all?
I also need good names for some of my imperial officers.

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Wow, I can't wait to read what you're going to put together.

For backround characters and civilians, I like to use Cantina Aliens (i.e. Walrusman, Snaggletooth, Myo) Jabba's Palace People (i.e. Barada, Ephant Mon, Skiff LAndo with Helmet on) Bounty Hunters (Bossk, Aurra Sing, Dengar, the Fetts) and other characters (Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, Jawas and Ewoks)

I can't really help you with names, since I'm not too good with coming up with those.

What is the size of your Separatist army, since the 501st will need something/someone to fight.

Your gunship should come in handy, since it can fit in during the whole Clone War. You may want to invest into a Revenge of the Sith Jedi Fighter, since that would help for later in the Clone Wars.  Good luck!!!

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2006, 11:32 PM »
So far I have 3 episode 1 battle droids, 1 saga battle droid(geonosis), General grievous 4 arms,  I also have a few rebel troopers for after the clone wars.
My Idea for this is start at Geonosis and end sometime during the galactic civil war after endor.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Do you have any figures in mind for use as civilians? All I can recommend for expanding your battle droid forces would be to look into getting a Destroyer Droid, a Super Battle droid, a spider or Hailfire droid, and/or a Vulture or Tri-Droid fighter.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Also you dont have to have them.
 Check out the archives at RS *shudders* but hey its a good place to get pictures then you can cut and paste them in the picture after you cut everything away from them. Chewie can explain more on this.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Wow, thats a good idea!  ;D
I'm not sure though, I meen I need more battle droid anyways so I might just go out and get a couple ROTS Droids.

As far as civilians go I dont have much.
I have some guy with a vest and a obi(pilot) head with a han solo body.   
Theres also a r2 and a ton of others I can use too.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Well it's always nice to see a new person interested in starting a PN series.  My suggestions are to try and make some original characters that we don't already know what their fate is.  To me that makes for a lot of creativity.  Customs are usually the way to go there in my opinion. 

As for civilians, a few customs are still what I would suggest, though Smarty does have a great idea to look at the RS archives for some ideas too.  Also I would try and create as many backgrounds/custom enviroments as you can.  It just adds to realism and shows your dedication to see that added in rather than seeing carpet on the floor from a bedroom, etc.  Household objects really can work well though when selected like SA Longhorn does them.

Also, I would love to see something that doesn't center mainly around Clones.  To me Clones and established Jedi have been done to death, but I suppose there is always room for more as people are always interested in them.    A set of original characters really is what can set a series apart though in my opinion.  Like how Brent just started his series, that old Pruneface custom helps make his storyline very unique.

When it comes down to it, do this to make yourself happy though.  Looking forward to seeing it.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2006, 08:36 PM »
This sounds like a pretty cool idea, CC. For names, I can point out a really useful website where I get alot of my names from:
Star Wars Random Name Generator

Can't wait for you to get your camera and start this, PNs are a really fun way to bring your customs to life.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...