Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62603 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #75 on: January 6, 2006, 03:19 PM »
this is just getting ridiculous... 2 more case variants showing up...

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 4
2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Scorch (Republic Commando), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 1x Commander Cody, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Neimoidian Pilot.

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 5
2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 1x Commander Cody, 1x Neimoidian Pilot, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi . (Subject to change.)

That's SIX differnt case assortments for this wave... and only ONE case (Rev 5) has all of the figures from the wave:

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 0 - missing Fire Pilot
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 1 - missing Commande Cody
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 2 - missing Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi)
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 3 - missing Holo Ki-Adi Mundi
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 4 - missing Obi-Wan Kenobi
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 5 - has all 9 figures
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #76 on: January 6, 2006, 03:42 PM »
And they better not be EE.com Exclusive Hunt figures, where as retail stores would gbet different "Hunt" figs.

Weird :(

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: January 6, 2006, 03:50 PM »
And they better not be EE.com Exclusive Hunt figures, where as retail stores would gbet different "Hunt" figs.

Aaack! Don't even think things like that!

*puts fingers in ears* Lalalalalalalala....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 6, 2006, 03:57 PM »
this is just getting ridiculous... 2 more case variants showing up...

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 4
2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Scorch (Republic Commando), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 1x Commander Cody, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Neimoidian Pilot.

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 5
2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 1x Commander Cody, 1x Neimoidian Pilot, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi . (Subject to change.)

That's SIX differnt case assortments for this wave... and only ONE case (Rev 5) has all of the figures from the wave:

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 0 - missing Fire Pilot
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 1 - missing Commande Cody
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 2 - missing Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi)
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 3 - missing Holo Ki-Adi Mundi
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 4 - missing Obi-Wan Kenobi
Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 5 - has all 9 figures

Well, this accomplishes nothing for us collectors.

The only thing it accomplishes, is to bring us back into the retail store as many times as possible to help maximize their profits, as undoubtedly we'll be grabbing other items along the way.

It serves no other purpose.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 6, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Why the overkill on Vader?  I know the retailers probably got a ton of questions from parents trying to find one, but we're post movie year now.  Vader sat up here almost as much as any other figure at one point (ok, not as bad as Mothma, Luminara or Padme).  Sure, they sold out around Christmas but that's more than 11 months down the road.  I can easily see these figures sitting on the pegs for a very prolonged period of time, at the end of which retailers will call it a failure because look, even Vader won't sell ::)

If this chase figure thing is for real, then this is where I get off.  Hasbro obviously thinks they're so desperate they need to create artificial demand by having us live in the stores in hopes of finding holos or 'bounty hunt' figs.  The only thing that's obvious is that they're not in contact with reality.  Chase figs alienate collector bases, and when that's your bread and butter, you may as well pack it in.

This is really odd.  Not your statement, rather the mentality involved as coming from Hasbro.  To use sportspicks as an example again, the regular figures sell, for the most part, like crap.  Everyone knows they'll sit and Wally eventually clears them out, so why buy them.  Now I know that won't happen with clones, but to use Wave 4 Rev 4 as an example, here's what won't sell:

2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Neimoidian Pilot.

The Neimoidian pilot will sit, much as the other Neimoidians did simply because it's in every single wave.  Ki Adi is in the same boat.  Vader/Ani/Obi/Grievous will sit also, simply because they aren't (presumably) new sculpts.  I could be wrong on the first two, especially initially, but I think it time I'll be proven correct.

Do you think Hasbro is bright enough to pull one of those six out of the assortment for their chase figure?  I don't.  They are still stuck in the surreal world they communicated at C3 - kids drive the line.  Kids want Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Grievous.  All of those sat here for prolonged periods at regular retail prices.

Anyway after all that filler, my point is that only half of each case is going to sell well.  Chase + clones (- Jedi?) will do fine but it will only take a retailer two cases to have a full case left behind.  I assure you, we've seen it with sportspicks and it is the future here.  

Generally speaking this is really disappointing that there isn't full cases with just new figures in the line.  I'd happily order those cases, chase figures be damned, if I wasn't getting rehashed figures in them.   :(

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 6, 2006, 07:23 PM »
I moved the discussion about chase Bounty Hunt figures into a new thread -- hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 07:24 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 6, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Thx Jesse ..it's what I asked for in that thread! :D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 7, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Yeah, these new case assortments seem to be a step backwards. I don't see what's wrong with assortments that contain whole new waves with some previous wave repacks. I really enjoyed picking up the Carkoon wave in one fell swoop.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: January 9, 2006, 03:27 PM »
I really don't like mixing all these up either, unless it serves a prupose, like getting more clones or troopers or main characters out there (Hasbro would have been well served at Christmas to have an ROTS Anakin - any Anakin - in its assortments). 

And I was thinking: I noticed how all the waves so far have included repacks of figs originally available in multi-packs/deluxe pieces (Barada, Riekken, 500 Vader, Poggle, 3-PO, etc.) and wondered if the Coruscant wave would continue this trend.  It makes me wonder if Grievous might be the deluxe version, or if Anakin could be the Evo one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 9, 2006, 04:24 PM »
And I was thinking: I noticed how all the waves so far have included repacks of figs originally available in multi-packs/deluxe pieces (Barada, Riekken, 500 Vader, Poggle, 3-PO, etc.) and wondered if the Coruscant wave would continue this trend.  It makes me wonder if Grievous might be the deluxe version, or if Anakin could be the Evo one.

That's a good point, and something I was wondering too.  If the repacked figures were ones like Deluxe Grievous, Evo. Anakin, and even Pilot Obi-Wan, I wouldn't mind too much.  It is obvious at this stage in the game we're going to have waves with repacks/repaints, likely half of the wave, and if they are going to do it anyways I would just as soon see these superior versions get released again.  I never did get a Deluxe Grievous I guess either, and if it was spiffy enough, I might consider picking it up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2006, 05:25 PM »

Looking damn good! That Muftak Jedi looks horribly unarticulated though. :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Looks like all I'll need is Cody and a couple of his goons and the Neimo.

That Talz is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Looking damn good! That Muftak Jedi looks horribly unarticulated though. :(

Looks like #2 Anakin with a cloak and a Pilot Obi-Wan with claok - I'm digging that.

Foul/Talz Jedi looks a little Cartoony... and his boots look funky.   :-\

Vader is definitely the Hoth Vader (again).

Neimoidian Pilot = Peg Warmer City.

Not too shabby...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Nice find Diddly!

The Talz Jedi looks like a great sculpt, I bummed about the apparent lack or articulation.

I looks like they gave pilot Obi wan the soft good treatment, Hasbro is learning! Count me in for several more of him.

That looks to be a repaint of the SP Grievous, it actually looks pretty good, I'll have to decide when I see him if I'm going to pick him up or not.

The Neimoidian looks pretty good as well. Nothing too special about him, but I might pick up a few.

I'm a little baffeled on the Anakin, they gave him a nice soft goods robe but it appears to be the ROTS #2 figure.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2006, 05:41 PM »
This one has the Holo Ki-Adi too...