Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62766 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I got an e-mail from EE that says that this wave is IN STOCK. Can you believe that?  :o Three waves in one month. '06 will be done by March. :P

I think that e-mail just meant that the Carkoon wave was now in-stock.  The rest of the waves are just up for pre-order.... at least that's how I interpreted it.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I'm real disappointed they didn't make a new Padme either.  Is she going to show up at all this year?  Where's Mace for that matter?  I'm kind of hoping the waves swing back around toward the end of the year and we get another shot at some more PT stuff we want.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I got an e-mail from EE that says that this wave is IN STOCK. Can you believe that?  :o Three waves in one month. '06 will be done by March. :P

I think that e-mail just meant that the Carkoon wave was now in-stock.  The rest of the waves are just up for pre-order.... at least that's how I interpreted it.

Ouch, my bad. The formating of those e-mail always comes screwed up. The In Stock note was on the same line as the corescant wave. Sorry 'bout that. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2006, 10:31 PM »
I'm real disappointed they didn't make a new Padme either.  Is she going to show up at all this year? 

Yes, Target exclusive Snow Bunny Padme is due this year.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2006, 10:43 PM »
I'm real disappointed they didn't make a new Padme either.  Is she going to show up at all this year? 

Um, pardon my asking, but do you have a link that indicates that?  I'm genuinely asking, because I've made the same statement on these very boards, but in a rather sarcastic manner. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2006, 10:47 PM »

Um, pardon my asking, but do you have a link that indicates that?  I'm genuinely asking, because I've made the same statement on these very boards, but in a rather sarcastic manner. 

I took it in jest. Of course, I take everything you say in jest, Brent.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Yeah, snow bunny Padme is kind of a neat idea.  But it would be nice to make some of her other 5 billion outfits from the actual films themselves :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I would sooner have Padme over most Neimoidians I think...  Just for some Padme diversity, however I do classify them both similarly.  To me they're boring, more or less statues.  Nothing to get me really jonesin' to own them, but at the same time I'd be happy to buy them when (or if?) I see them.

For me, and I'm maybe against the grain here, the Talz Jedi rocks.  I'm all about EU really so it's no real shock but he looks tremendous to me.  Just like in the toon, but sculpted realistically.  Given their build, the nanuk boots make sense to me, and look pretty close to the cartoon...  Lacking articulation on him would be my only gripe if I have one at all when I find him.  He looks great otherwise. 

The Ki-Adi is as I expected, and the Grievous is a tremendous waste of plastic.  Vader...  meh.

I may have to order this case just to get my clone fix on some level.  I can't find anything around here.  No Carkoon, no Hoth, nothing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2006, 05:39 PM »

Actually believe it or not, I think Anton is right. I went to a local dealer the other day, EPlanettoys.com, and the owner there told me the same thing. He said they were going to get the new figures in soon (within a week or so) I asked which waves, he said all of them, Geonosis, Coriscant, Carkoon, Hoth, and the Cantina. They order directly from Hasbro. He said there would be almost 8 waves out by March. this could really be one hellish year.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:39 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2006, 05:43 PM »
As fast as the Hoth wave came out, I can almost see it.  8 waves by March though, that could be pushing it, especially with the pricepoint up around $7.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Hmmmm, if they come out that fast, I will have to become not only picky about what I buy, but I will definetly pass on figures I would get if there was more of a wait in between waves. Guess I will have to keep my commitment to only get new figures that meet my standard. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2006, 09:33 PM »
He said there would be almost 8 waves out by March. this could really be one hellish year.

One heavenly year.

:)
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2006, 10:20 PM »
It certainly puts the "000" numbering system into perspective (as in, maybe they will change the packaging/line next year again).   :o

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2006, 10:51 PM »
He said there would be almost 8 waves out by March. this could really be one hellish year.

One heavenly year.

:)

Sure it will be nice to get new stuff, but not this fast at $6.99 a figure. I can barely afford what I want at $5. This puts us on pace to surpass 68 figures, and it was a movie year this year.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Nice to have some new pictures, and this wave doesn't look too bad.  I don't get quite as excited when compared to waves like Hoth and Tatooine, but there's some good stuff here.  Cody, of course, is a definite pick up...and I'd like a handful of those clones too, but I can about imagine how easy they will be to find.  I was kind of looking forward to the Talz Jedi, but he does look a little funky in the picture.  That said, I do plan on picking him up if I find him.  Even though I already have a couple Pilot Obi-Wans, I think I might get this one with the soft goods cloak too.  Just a nice figure.  I don't know why they couldn't have used the Evolutions Anakin though, but the cloak is a nice inclusion with that figure too.  The Fire Pilot looks like a nice figure as well.  Aside from that, I'll probably leave the rest.  Not too bad a wave though.  I'm wondering exactly what order things are coming out this year though....Carkoon, Hoth, Geonosis....then where does it head to, Tatooine, Coruscant?