Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 63475 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2006, 06:37 PM »
That Foul Modama is HEAVY..well, not as heavy as Ephant Mon was...but damn close for a carded collection! 8)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Just picked up part of this wave, the Firespeeder Pilot, Lushros Dofine, and two Utapauan Clones.

The detailing on the Firespeeeder Pilot is pretty sweet, they did a great job of conveying all the creases and folds in the jumpsuit. The Neimodian isn't too bad, looks presentable but isn't overly exciting.

The Clones are a continued great use of the ROTS #41 sculpt, unfortunately one of them has a helmet that isn't hollowed out properly so it sits higher up on the ball joint. A little dremel work should fix that, but in case it's not a random incident people may want to keep an eye on the figure at the store when choosing which figures to pick up.

Also saw the Obi-Wan and Anakin figures, the Anakin's a waste especially when they could have carded the near-perfect Evo Anakin. The Obi-Wan is a great choice to use and I would have picked him up to add to my 3 ROTS figs, but since Hasbro has chosen not to fix the color of the ankle joints, I'll pass for now.  >:(

Now to find Cody and the Talz Jedi and I'll be set on this wave and the hunt can rest until Tatooine...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2006, 01:23 AM »
but in case it's not a random incident people may want to keep an eye on the figure at the store when choosing which figures to pick up.

Well it looks like us Canadians dont have much of a choice.
However,  when do you estimate the wave will hit us here in the north?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2006, 01:38 AM »
but in case it's not a random incident people may want to keep an eye on the figure at the store when choosing which figures to pick up.

Well it looks like us Canadians dont have much of a choice.
However,  when do you estimate the wave will hit us here in the north?

Have you guys gotten the Geonosis wave yet? Down here in Chicagoland, it was a month between my initial sightings of the Geonosis and then Coruscant waves. That might give you a good indicator as this area has had troubles in the last year or two of getting waves in a timely fashion when compared to the rest of the US.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2006, 01:49 AM »
No Jason, Canada is seriously lagging behind at the moment.  Hoth wave's been and gone but will likely re-appear again before long.  Carkoon wave is still abundant. 

Unfortunately Hasbro Canada is not often on the ball, though ROTS (until the last 12) was a serious exception to the rule, we saw a lot and not much later than you guys. 

But TSC looks to be about the same as the old ways, where Hasbro Canada produces tons of early waves and won't ship later waves until those are sold out.  That the Hoth wave came means the Carkoon wave is only internal store distribution issues now, so most of what should come is Hoth until HC runs out of it.  Then we'll go through the whole process with the Geonosis wave before seeing the Coruscant wave.  By the time it hits up here I'll be long done with being interested in it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2006, 01:59 AM »
Tell it like it is Morgbug!  :P

Well I certainly hope that the geonosis wave hits here soon, I meen jeez I have already bought 2 of the Veers and AT-AT Drivers.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Alright, I finally open Cody. He's a well sculped figure. Despite the head being a tad on the small size, it's very detailed, and the armo is well detailed as well. You can tell this figure was made from scratch. However, I do think it could have use a few more POA, I do think it is a drawback because it does limit his posability.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Well, Cody doesnt do all that much fighting.
He helps his troops secure a landing area and then he stays there.
But yeah he could have more articulation.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Went to Target yesterday only Bibs, ::)I'll check the other some time soon.I'm hope I find this wave.*crosses fingers*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2006, 06:28 PM »
F*******************

I go out of town for Spring Break and actually socialize, and I'm repaid by not being around to look for Coruscant figures?

Argh.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Language.  :P

Well it never fails.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Well, Cody doesnt do all that much fighting.
He helps his troops secure a landing area and then he stays there.
But yeah he could have more articulation.
In the movies you would be right,including EU you would be wrong. ;D

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 19, 2006, 11:02 PM »
I'm really liking this Cody. The paint jobs on these Utapau clones look fine to me; maybe it just works with the scale or something. I understand its a give-and-take when it comes to the shoulder ball joints, and to me they made the right choice with Cody.  I like the appearance of him more than I want the additional articulation.   The head poses you can put him in make up for a lot.   I am wondering about the leg pose, and how his right leg is a little wider. I suppose it makes for a distinctive stance, and I'm not really concerned with it, even though his standing pose will always retain that look.

I still blows my mind they actually came up with these clones, and adapted them to this character.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 19, 2006, 11:50 PM »
No Jason, Canada is seriously lagging behind at the moment.  Hoth wave's been and gone but will likely re-appear again before long.  Carkoon wave is still abundant. 

Unfortunately Hasbro Canada is not often on the ball, though ROTS (until the last 12) was a serious exception to the rule, we saw a lot and not much later than you guys. 

But TSC looks to be about the same as the old ways, where Hasbro Canada produces tons of early waves and won't ship later waves until those are sold out.  That the Hoth wave came means the Carkoon wave is only internal store distribution issues now, so most of what should come is Hoth until HC runs out of it.  Then we'll go through the whole process with the Geonosis wave before seeing the Coruscant wave.  By the time it hits up here I'll be long done with being interested in it. 

Damn Brent, sounds like Hasbro hates Canadians. But at the same time, it also sounds like a lot of what Hasbro does in general, heavily produce and distribute the first wave of a new line to get the retailers excited but then everyone quickly realizes they overdid it as the product is hard to move. So that screws the distribution of later waves which take forever to come out in sufficient numbers that it frustrates everyone. The other night at Target a mom looking for toys for her son was pissed that all she could find was the Carkoon wave, she just wanted  to find NEW toys for her son. Is that so hard to ask for? Apparently, the answer is yes. :(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Whoah,the Canadians are getting screwed by the looks of it. :-\