Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62605 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2006, 04:27 AM »
F*******************

I go out of town for Spring Break and actually socialize, and I'm repaid by not being around to look for Coruscant figures?

Argh.

*Sigh*

You and me both.
"This is the way."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2006, 12:28 PM »
F*******************

I go out of town for Spring Break and actually socialize, and I'm repaid by not being around to look for Coruscant figures?

Argh.

*Sigh*

You and me both.

Check your local WMs, they're hitting in massive quantites..well maybe in CA   :-*

if you need them, LMK

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Don't you mean Target?Unless Walmart is starting to be cool again.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 20, 2006, 03:23 PM »
No, he does mean WM. And they got lots.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 20, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Cool,their drought must becoming to an end then!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: March 20, 2006, 09:46 PM »
Our WM's are dead out here yet in Pittsburgh.  One store hasn't had a figure on the pegs since its initial couple shipments of Hoth Wave.  Not one figure.  Sad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2006, 09:48 PM »
I'm getting impatient for Cody. And I was happy grabbing 3 of his troopers, but now I want more... ::)

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Don't worry too much, Cody will end up just like Scorch, I have seen plenty of him lately and if worse comes to worse in a few weeks you can just pick him up on ebay for $12 or so.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Damn Brent, sounds like Hasbro hates Canadians. But at the same time, it also sounds like a lot of what Hasbro does in general, heavily produce and distribute the first wave of a new line to get the retailers excited but then everyone quickly realizes they overdid it as the product is hard to move. So that screws the distribution of later waves which take forever to come out in sufficient numbers that it frustrates everyone. The other night at Target a mom looking for toys for her son was pissed that all she could find was the Carkoon wave, she just wanted  to find NEW toys for her son. Is that so hard to ask for? Apparently, the answer is yes. :(

Well I won't lie and say it's any fun, but it's nothing I haven't become accustomed to over the years.  For the most part I've gone to online ordering or survived with the help of many friends here on JD for assistance through the lines.  I can seldom do much to repay the favor, but do so when I can.  I also help out a couple of guys, one in the US and one in Japan that are into collecting the Canadian variations of the figures, so that's about the only thing that causes me stress.  Being an opener means I can take stuff carded guys won't touch and the cardback means little to me.  Pretty significant advantage.

Not sure if you guys have seen the difference, so I thought I'd post a pic.  It's a bit out of place being the Hoth wave, but that is the most recent we have.  I personally prefer the US cardbacks for the scene specificity, but the Canadian versions have some appeal, if limited, in the uniformity.   It should be obvious, but in case it isn't, Canadian on the left, US on the right.  There's a political joke there too, but that's a no-no. ;)

Just the basic starburst background the same as we had for the OTC figures.  Interesting enough I suppose, but I just don't do carded anymore. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Cool pic Brent- I hadn't seen the canadian background for these before.

I have wasted mucho gas this week only to find hoth vaders and empty pegs. But I am hopeful I will run across this wave soon.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Gotta give the big thumbs down to Foul Moudama right about now.  I just freed him from his plastic bubble prison and the figure is pretty damn useless.  Yeah, this same Talz figure we got eight years ago looks pretty smooth in a jedi tunic and oversized boots, but the articulation is piss poor, provides for no cool fighting stances, and to make things worse neither hand can hold the lightsaber.   A real lazy half-assed job I must say.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I'll give a thunbs up for the Fire Speeder pilot. I openedone last night and have to say I'm impressed, but my question is, why give so much detail and articulation to a minor BG character? Cody could have been done in this quality in stead.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I'll give a thunbs up for the Fire Speeder pilot. I openedone last night and have to say I'm impressed, but my question is, why give so much detail and articulation to a minor BG character? Cody could have been done in this quality in stead.

Exactly, and exactly.  I really think at $6.99, every figure should have 14 points.  How they pick and choose which figures, and which joints get articulated is beyond me.  It makes no sense of any kind.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2006, 10:11 AM »
...Having not seen anything but Poggels and Sun Facs from Geonosis, I'm less than thrilled that these are making it out.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Cool pic Brent- I hadn't seen the canadian background for these before.

I have wasted mucho gas this week only to find hoth vaders and empty pegs. But I am hopeful I will run across this wave soon.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why don't the Canadian cards use the scene specfic backgrounds? 

I mean the artwork is already done, why mess with it??