Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4603 times)

Offline babyjawa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Hello, I am new here. I love Star Wars, Lego, and Star Wars action figures. I am somewhat into customizing and am working on a few projects right now.

I am a member at rebelscum, thejawa, ffurg, and fbtb. I really hope to meet most of you. Though I expect most of you to be on rebelscum also.

By the way my name is thewokling on rebelscum and babyjawa on thejawa and ffurg.

Thanks,

BJ

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Hey Babyjawa...  Welcome aboard.

You'll be surprised that most of us aren't active on Rebelscum...  Some are though.  I think you'll find more in the customizing community than out in our other topics.

Check out the site, look around...  Feel free to jump into conversation.  And of course, welcome aboard JediDefender.com, we're glad you came by to check things out here. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline babyjawa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Thanks, I expect to have a great time here.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Welcome to JDefender babyjawa. Nam's Reid, don wear it out.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Welcome to JD
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 07:09 AM »
Welcome to JediDefender BabyJawa!

Tracy
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Hey BJ, glad to see you made it over here! JD.com has the best SW customs board on the 'net.   8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Hey BJ, glad to see you made it over here! JD.com has the best SW customs board on the 'net.   8)

This is a scientific fact.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2006, 05:31 AM »
Hey Jawa, welcome to JD.  Glad to have you here.  Enjoy the site, and let us know if you have any questions about anything - we're here to serve.  :)

I really hope to meet most of you. Though I expect most of you to be on rebelscum also.

Actually, like Jesse mentioned above, many of us don't frequent RS for a plethora of reasons.  Pretty much our entire staff here has been banned from RS simply for being affiliated with JD.  Go figure.  So stick around so we can chat, since it's doubtful we'll be seeing you elsewhere...  ;)

- Matt

Offline babyjawa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2006, 08:05 PM »
That sucks. Why does it matter if you are a staff member here. I mean you still like Star Wars.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2006, 08:28 PM »
the dark side clouds all, impossible to tell.
Sup BJ welcome to JD my name is smarty and just like you I'm a customizer hope to see you around

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Why does it matter if you are a staff member here.

That's somthing some of us wonder, but 'ol Pappy Wise doesn't like JediDefender because some of the staff and members point out a spade for a spade, and it threatens him.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Plus he banned us.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline babyjawa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2006, 05:03 PM »
Oh. It still doesn't mean he should ban you though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2006, 05:02 AM »
It's just a long story... 

The forums have degraded over there enough, and most of us were part of those forums when they  weren't actually even a part of that otheR Site (Scum's forums were pretty much taken from another site during a merger with RS that went south) and they were ok to go to, that we raised questions and complaints...  That didn't sit well with the staff who ran the site...  Some of us were more vocal than others, but we all pretty much agreed, and I honestly don't know TOO many people at RS anymore that are still from the really "old school" crowd even who hang out there much.

Anyway though, things got worse, then one day we all got Spam in our email accounts we used to sign up there, and when complaints were raised about that in the forums we were all met with some pretty crass and rude remarks from RS's site staff...  They took the opportunity to start weeding out people being vocal, namely some of our staff here...  They also went nuts too and started weeding us all out one-by-one when they learned we worked here.  Some people who don't even work here but who are good fans of our forums and site like CHEWIE got sucked into it and banned.  We didn't DO anything per se, we just had affiliation with this site and got sucked into a big mass banning of people...  it was comical in its own way.

Some of us got reinstated because it was a mistake and members of their staff who realized that must've made the case to reinstate us...  For instance I don't even think I complained about the SPAM to them publicly, it just annoyed me, but I still got sucked into the bannings...  Subsequently I got reinstated then, though the staff member who banned me didn't have the cajones to reinstate me or notify me...  I was reinstated/notified by Tattoo Shane who I guess was left to clean up the mess the others created.

From what I've been told of it, there was some witch-hunting going on by one of the moderators and one of the staff.

Anyway, that's the short of it basically...  :)  No huge deal, we're happy here and this community is one of the more thriving, lively, and a quite friendly community with rules geared towards adults and active staff in the forums keeping the peace as best we can...  We're proud of that, and wel're glad you came over to check things out BabyJawa, and hope you have a good time around the forums here.

(Disclaimer: Don't turn this into an anti-Rebelscum thread guys, please.  I just wanted to explain to BabyJawa what the story was and everything...  No need for it to become a platform to rant about other forums...  Thanks for respecting that)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline babyjawa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Ok, that helps. Thanks for explaining it.

Jesse James, I am loving it here. I have always loved smaller forums like here and at thejawa because the members are always more friendly and people actually give constructive critisism on your customs.

Thanks,

BJ