Author Topic: Kane County (IL) - Antique-Collectible Toy & Doll Show  (Read 5010 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Kane County (IL) - Antique-Collectible Toy & Doll Show
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Does anyone in the Chicagoland area know anything about the St. Charles Antique-Collectible Toy & Doll show?  I just heard about this show (or is it a "flea market") and was wondering if anyone had ever attended.  Its scheduled for April 23 this year.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Kane County (IL) - Antique-Collectible Toy & Doll Show
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2006, 09:30 AM »
I have gone to Kane in previous years. It is a decent place to pick stuff up at, but you will run into those vendors who are overpriced. I have been able to pick up some of that obscure stuff that I have been looking for at a fair price. Plus you get those guys that the more you buy the more the will haggle with the prices.

I am still attempting to determine if I am going to go again this year. I have a friend that lives in DeKalb and he got me started going to it in April & October shows.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I've never gone to the shows myself, but I've heard they're hit and miss like any other toy show. There can be a large selection of items, but you're always going to find those 1 or 2 dealers who want your first born for a toy. The Kane County show is the only regularly scheduled toy show in Chicagoland and I've been told it's worth at least one visit, perhaps one day I'll actually make the drive...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:09 AM »
I've never gone to the shows myself, but I've heard they're hit and miss like any other toy show. There can be a large selection of items, but you're always going to find those 1 or 2 dealers who want your first born for a toy. The Kane County show is the only regularly scheduled toy show in Chicagoland and I've been told it's worth at least one visit, perhaps one day I'll actually make the drive...

You are correct with your assesment of the show. I make the drive down from Minnesota for the show in March & October. They ussually have a June show, but not this year.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I will be in Dekalb for this April's show on the 26th. Surest sign I am there, the weather SUCKS.