Author Topic: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?  (Read 15501 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?
« Reply #60 on: April 2, 2006, 10:09 PM »
If you go back to the RS thread, the second post is me saying; if it sounds to good to be true...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2006, 01:06 AM »
For all those that didn't hear yet, this was indeed a lame early April Fools joke...  ::)

Lame's putting it lightly. Jokes made on the 1st aren't all that funny, especially if you're over the age of 10.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 3, 2006, 03:00 AM »
It could have been a lame publicity stunt, who knows.  I just think it sucks.  This is something I would expect from a 9 year old that had been huffing fumes.  Totally ridiculous.  I emailed him about it and he apologized, but I still think it's just plain asinine.  Usually I am very forgiving - this is one of those cases where I am not.  I'm embarassed that I posted it on the front page at Yakface.

Edit - I do realize that this was the doing of one person's attempt at a joke.  So I won't boycott the site, but I am still pretty annoyed that this happened.  It's one of those things I guess I shouldn't have believed, but I did.

:P
« Last Edit: April 3, 2006, 03:59 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I can understand all the people that were pissed at this, but really any news posted around this time of year, I dont believe a word of it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Well just for the record.  I did not 100% believe it and marked it as "yep it is coming." But a lot of times these kind of websites do get the word out looooooong before Hasbro ever even mentions it  on their website as fact.  So, I treated it as a "possibility".  It's not like these type of websites don't get early scoops.  It happens fairly frequently.  Usually it's Galactic Hunter and Rebelscum and once in a rare while JediDefender or SirStevesGuide.  Also, it is not like I am a tremendously gullible individual that believes everything that is on a news site of any sort is indeed fact.  Just a possibility and something to discuss.

However, if I was running a website like DSplans.  I would be darn careful about what I post on the main page as a joke.  Unless of course it is actually April Fool's Day itself.  In this case it was 2 days beforehand.  So, it sounded somewhat believable...not likely but you never know? 

At any rate it's not coming.  Oh well.  I am fine with it.  It's not like it's breaking my heart like the Cubs do every baseball season! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: April 4, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Actually, SSG hasn't had much of anything to say for a long time, and we've been quite competitive with the other "big" sites in GH and RS for a while...  Sometimes we break news before they do and they get it later, sometimes they break news before we do...  That's neither here nor there.

Sometimes the small sites get a story too and it's good.  DSP2 I expected to not do this...

To be honest, this is lame for a number of reasons, the least of which is that it isn't even really a "joke".  SW.com, the official site, has a real april fool's joke...  Something outrageous and unbelievable that people still scratch their heads over.  DSP2 took a story people have been cryin' on forums about since 2002 and shoved it in their face with a big middle finger if you ask me.

I don't know the reporter that did the joke and I didn't even visit their site about it...  It was "near' that time of year so I just didn't care enough but to read what anyone was saying IN HERE about it.  That was all I'd heard...  Finding out it's a lame attempt at humor doesn't then surprise me, but at the same time I'm disappointed in DSP2 posting something that actually is a little spiteful almost towards the people who want the thing...  And that's not even me.  if it's underscaled I don't want it and if the pack-ins were new I'd have been first on the bitch list.  I'm more disappointed FOR the people who actually did want it.  Just because I don't doesn't mean I begrudge people their happiness...  I just want what I want more and first.  ;D  j/k

Anyway, sorry to those who did have hopes up on any level...  What are ya gonna do though?  Scum's had some lame ass April Fool's Day jokes out there folks, so don't think that this is something ONLY Death Star Plans2 would do to you to dick you over and make you think something that isn't true.

For credibility, DSP2 is no more credible than RS or anyone else, but they basically shot themselves in the foot with this story on gaining the "trust" of people out there who don't know them...  That's where they made their biggest mistake in this gag or whatever it was.

Personally I agreed with Darth Anton's words when I read them...  I kind of figured it was BS and it was, but man that's a fast way to annoy a lot of people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77