Author Topic: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?  (Read 15479 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?
« on: March 30, 2006, 11:05 AM »
http://www.deathstarplans2.com/

It's the first time I have actually heard of it being in the rumor mill.  Sounds cool if it is true.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
Re: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:34 AM »
still doubting until i see at least something like this at the jd homepage or RS. Entertainment earth would even appease me  :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Nice rumor and I hope that it's true, but I highly doubt that Hasbro has the balls to make an entirely new scuplt, plus one that's so big (not as big as we all would want though.)  With the re-released AT-AT coming with new deco, I can't see the AT-TE coming out anytime soon.  At least not now.

I do like the fact that Cody has a background image of the AT-TE.  Gives us hope I suppose, but do you remember the Cloud Car Pilots??  I thought for sure that Hasbro would re-release their vehicle in the OTC line, but no dice.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Ummm.  Does anyone remember what tomorrows date is ::)  Im sure there will be a ton of bogus info released.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:52 AM »
I am going to be an optimist on this but it seems like there are always going to be people out there who want to have a gloomy attitude towards things being made.  Sure it's going to have doubters, but how about a little positive thought?  And April 1st isn't until Saturday.

I don't care if it ends up costing $200.00.  It's worth it to me.  Man I hope this is true!

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Given Hasbro's history of releasing vehicles where they can use old molds (even from 1977 if need be), I seriously doubt this is true.

However, having said that, there sure are a lot of details in this report and you really have to wonder how it's so detailed if it's not true:

"GREAT news after speaking to many people at Hasbro a reliable source got an employee to give details on a forth coming AT TE, YES YOU HEARD. The Vehicle will be 2 ½ feet long with moving legs. The rear will open up to reveal a moulded interior which will include seats for some clones. As for firepower the ball turrets will be similar to the Gunship and the roof mounted turret will fire a missile and rotate, finally somewhere to put that AT TE gunner. To go in the opening Cockpit two figures will be packed in Ala AT AT; these will be a Clone Pilot and a Clonetrooper. Also mentioned along with more of what were getting already were more Choppers, expect certain troopers and a Jedi. Thank you to our informant for this news. To discuss this amazing news join us in our forums by clicking the image."

Like CHEWIE, if true, and if it's even $200, you can put me down for 2-3 of these for sure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Oh Dressel, you are so naive.   ;)

Anbody can write descriptive copy for a toy that doesn't exist.

As well, why would the said AT-TE not incuded an AT-TE gunner?  The story mentions Clone Pilot and Clone trooper pack-in figures.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 01:14 PM »
-sigh-
False hope...  :-\
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 01:21 PM »
I can see this not being true of course.  However, if they wanted this to be an April Fools Day joke why post it on 3/30 when there are 2 full days of March left?    Usually people pull their pranks on that actual day.   

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I hope this is true, not only because I want it to be made, but to also get people to start being a bit more positive once in a while.  Negativity gets you nowhere.  If we keep saying there is no way they'll make it, then why should they make it?  What incentive is there for them to make it if the collecting community already has a negative attitude about it?

As for a pack-in, who knows.  If they don't pack in the AT-TE Gunner, I'm sure that will be fine.  A pilot sort of makes sense and a regular trooper totally makes sense.  The Gunners just sit on the top anyway, don't they?  Plus that figure was available all year last year.  Not that other clones weren't too, but pack-ins aren't really relevant I don't think when talking about a huge vehicle such as this.  They can pack in Nute Gunray and Watto for all I care!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I'm just come right out with the negativity, gloomy attitude towards this ::) :P. It will get me nowhere? I think not! If(even though I think it's a joke) it turns out to be press released by Hasbro as true, then I'll buy it definately. If I buy something that I didn't believe would come true and was GLADLY proven wrong how did that get me nowhere?...hmmm? The timing for this IS suspect to say the least. ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Doom and Gloom... what a positive way to look at things.  Just kidding.  What I mean about getting us nowhere isn't directed at one collector, but how it can affect the community overall.  I think we need to be positive and show support for things like this if we want them made.  Just my way of looking at all things in life.  Maybe I'm not always realistic, but I think one should set goals or you settle for less.  I never have been the kind of person to think They'll never make that, There's no way I can do that, Oh that's just too hard to do so why try,  etc.

I totally understand that it seems like they'll never make this though.  Same goes for the Sail Barge and a number of other larger items.  I just like keeping my fingers crossed and supporting the notion of a few larger scaled toys to be made.  Dreaming about what you want to have in your collection is what this hobby is all about to me.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Ummm.  Does anyone remember what tomorrows date is ::)

March 31?

???
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I guess I look at it realistically like gambling. Since there's no press release..would I get my hopes up(bet) about NOT a sure thing yet? However, TRU's clone wars gunship WAS an official press release so I could more safely 'bet' on that.
True, nothing is sure even after press release a product could be cancelled, but that's far less likely...

Like you said,Chewie, it's realism. 8)

SilverZ

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 04:07 PM »
I can't wait to play with this next to my $400 6 foot Death Star Playset.