Author Topic: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?  (Read 15471 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Slothus, you are right.  Odds are it is just wishful thinking.  But I'll keep my wishing on it.

Did you guys ever see the AT-TE that Coeli made?

I'm sure nothing Hasbro would make would match this, but it sure is fun to imagine.   :)

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 04:30 PM »
No, that's the first I seen it. That's really fantastic! Yeah I doubt Hasbro could build one with THAT much detail and to scale too! NIce job Coeli! Thanks for the pic Chewie..now that I know that's NOT what we're getting IF we get one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Yeah, he did such a great job on it.  It's stunning and really is the best custom vehicle I think I've seen anyone make.  Last summer he sent me a CD with about 50 hi-res pics of it.  I edited some and used them for the Rykrof Enloe photonovels and need to get my tail in gear on the series with some more pics of it.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 04:58 PM »
WOW!  That thing is fantastic~

Now even if the big H does make one, it will fall short of my hopes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Well I guess that every vehicle has fallen sort of my hopes, at least the bigger ones have.  Maybe just the new TIE Fighter, the Y-Wing, the SAGA Landspeeder, and the larger scaled X-Wing are about the only ones that really are how I'd like for them to be.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see one made, but I'm sure RS or GH would have the scoop on something like this before the smaller guys.  No offense deathstarplans....

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 05:22 PM »
Well 2.5 ft long does not sound to bad to me.  It's a toy and not a prop replica to scale of the 3 3/4 inch figures.  It will probably be something like the Jawa Sandcrawler in terms of a toy scale.  I know people hate the scale on that thing but that's what it will most likely be.  It would be better than nothing at IMO.  

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Well I think that it's very possible that another site can beat RS or GH, or JD to news.  All it takes is a leak to somebody who knows someone who is a staff member of a site, and that site will report it first.  Yakface was the first "big" site to report the VSTC figures showing up at a Walmart in January, and that was days before RS mentioned it at all.  I don't think GH or JD even mentioned it?   Bigger isn't always better.  As Yoda would say, "Judge me by my size?"   ;)

Anyways, I agree Darth Broem, I'd rather see it made with an off scale than not made at all.  The people that think it shouldn't be made if it isn't 100% to scale can pass on it if they want.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Reasons  to  hope;

It's  possible  that  Hasbro  has  had  the  tooling  for  this  since  Ep II,  with  a  release  time  for  the  toy, in  relation  to  the  movie,  similar  to  that  of  the  royal  starship  to  Ep 1.  The  mixed  success  of  the  RS  and  the  abundance  of  product  for  Ep II  probably  led  to  production  being  cancelled.  I  suspect  that  the  Genosian  fighter  and  Hailfire  droid  were  tooled  up  for  Ep II  but  were  put  on  hold  for  similar  reasons, and  Hasbro   took  the  opportunity  of  the  Clone  Wars  cartoon  to  release  them.  I  could  be  wrong,  Anakins  starfighter  was  a  new  design  which  proves  they  are  willing  to  do  some  new  tooling  in  a  non  movie  year.  Perhaps  with  lingering  popularity  of  Star  Wars,  the  real  lack  of  new  vehicles  this  year  and  all  our  whining  and  pining  for  this  vehicle,  Hasbro  has  decided  to  blow  the  dust  off  the  tooling,  roll  the  dice,  and  find  a  brick-and-mortar  retailer  to  carry  it.

Reasons  to  despair;

The  AT-TE  is  one  big  vehicle  requiring  some  heavy-duty  tooling.  If  Hasbro  doesn't  already  have  it  available  I  find  it  difficult  to  believe  they  would  invest  in  an  AT-AT  type  of  project  in  a  non-movie  year.  Perhaps  if  there  were  a media  event  like  Clone  wars,  or  a  big  anniversary  it  might  have  a  shot.  But  UGH?  Come  on,  they  dragged  their  heels  on  getting  out  the  sandcrawler   and  Imp  shuttle, and  the  tooling  for  those  already  exhisted.

Oh  yeah,  BTW,  does  anyone  know  where  I  can  order  a  couple  of  these  beauties?
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Ummm.  Does anyone remember what tomorrows date is ::)

March 31?

???

Damn you beat me to it.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 07:15 PM »
I want to say that RS or some other site said that Hasbro did mock up an AT TE back during EP2.  So it wouldn't surprise me that the tooling might exist, nor would it surprise me that they would consider releasing it.  The line is still hot, vehicles are back on the shelves all of a sudden, and maybe they think they can get away with a big money toy at Christmas.

I hope so, anyway.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 07:17 PM »
I am sorry but this rumor is way to close to the 1st for my taste.

Besides Hasbro has bad luck selling big vehicles in non movie years.  Not that they sell all that well inmovie years anyway.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Ummm.  Does anyone remember what tomorrows date is ::)  Im sure there will be a ton of bogus info released.

Bunsen Burner Day

When : Always March 31st

Bunsen Burner Day celebrates the birthday of its creator. German chemist Robert Wilhelm Eberhard von Bunsen was born on March 31, 1811. And, you guessed it, von Bunsen created the Bunsen Burner.

If you are a high school student, you know all about the bunsen burner. If you work in a chemistry laboratory, chances are you use the burner in your job. If its been a while since high school chemistry class, the memory of the bunsen burner may have faded somewhat.

In case you memory has faded, the Bunsen Burner is a long, hollow tube. Gas and air are combined to create a hot flame. The burner is used in a wide range of scientific and laboratory projects.

Spend a few minutes today to appreciate the value of this important scientific tool. We will let you determine how many minutes to spend in reflection. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 07:22 PM »
That is really cool.  I did not know that.  I am an Entomologist and I teach graduate students and we use the bunsen burners a lot.   ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Darth Gamboa - Great post.  I love seeing someone show a couple of different scenarios like that rather than "It will never happen" or "Yeah sure I'd buy it."   Thanks for your thoughts!

Another thing to think about though I think, is that if it were made I don't think it would be out until 2007... and if the TV series comes out next year, surely there will be AT-TE vehicles in it.  Might be the signature vehicle of the TV series line, which I think will be coming for sure.