Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Maul  (Read 22124 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Darth Maul
« Reply #15 on: June 6, 2006, 08:55 AM »
I was really expecting the probe droids to be the exclusive extra but i gues not. Not sure what they will do for it now. 29.99 seems a bit much for the probe droids, but i know i will order them anyway.

What if, with the new Inclusive Edition, SSC will stop making the Exclusive Editions with pack ins.. and offer them as a separate purchase.. like with the Probes?
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: June 6, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Not a bad idea... I just hope they don't go back a offer them on past releases, then all you'd have is exclusive packaging.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 6, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I think the exclusive will be Maul's battle damaged lightsaber.  Whether we'll get the lit or unlit version, or both ends, that I don't know. :P
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 6, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Sorry, but no way I'm gonna pay $50 for Maul and then $30 for those little probe droids.  That's just ridiculous and I hope many others will think so.  That's like saying that little holo Emperor is worth $30.  I will just get the regular Maul since it appears there won't be an exclusive.  I thought the text said something about him coming with multiple lightsaber variations, so I've gotta believe we'll see his full saber, half-ignited saber and BD saber come with the fig.  What else would be included w/ the regular edition?  Maybe binoculars but really, what else? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2006, 01:54 PM »
A cool accessory would be that walking hologram projector, but chances of that are nill

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 8, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Watch...since all this info has leaked before the next annoucement, they will fool us an offer a completely different figure next.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2006, 10:51 AM »
The Preview Page is now up!

"The Darth Maul - Inclusive Edition - 12-inch Figure will pre-order from Thursday, June 15th at 6pm (PST) through Monday, June 19th at 6pm (PST). To place your order for the Inclusive Edition of Darth Maul, simply visit the frontpage of SideshowCollectibles.com and click on the large banner in the center of the page."

Should be a lot easier for folks to order since it's at night and over the weekend! 

ps.
There is a Preview Page for the Probe Droids too - same order schedule as Maul...
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 10:53 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2006, 10:52 AM »
I will be ordering one.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2006, 12:00 PM »
I will be ordering one of each. So does this mean there is no longer an exclusive edition?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2006, 01:08 PM »
I will be ordering one of each. So does this mean there is no longer an exclusive edition?

In this case, the exclusive is replaced by the inclusive edition.  Their info page is a pretty good read to make sense of it.

Q: Does an Inclusive Edition product differ from Sideshow's Exclusive Editions? If so, how?

A: The difference between an Inclusive Edition and an Exclusive Edition is that the Inclusive Edition will be limited by pre-ordering time and not by a set edition number. For products chosen to participate in the Inclusive program (and only those products), the Sideshow Inclusive Edition will take the place of the Sideshow Exclusive Edition, in that this edition will only be available directly from SideshowCollectibles.com. What was once exclusive now becomes inclusive!

Q: Will you continue to offer a Regular Edition for those products with an Inclusive Edition?

A: There may still be a quantity-limited Regular Edition, which will differ slightly in accessories, clothing, or other variations, offered at SideshowCollectibles.com and through other retailers. This will be determined on a per-product basis.

Q: Will you be offering Inclusive Editions for all of your products from now on?

A: No, we will not. The Sideshow Inclusive Edition will only be offered for very specific products, and it will always be announced ahead of time, on the product's preview page.

Q: Will we be able to purchase more than one per person?

A: This will be decided on a per-product basis. Some products may be limited to one per person, per account, while some may have a higher order limit.

Q: How long will the Inclusive Edition pre-ordering time-frame last?

A: The time frame may vary from product to product, but it will always be specified on the product's Inclusive Edition Preview Page.

Q: What about cancellations?

A: At this time, you are free to cancel your order at any time without penalty. Plus, any purchase you make at SideshowCollectibles.com is protected by our 30 Day Return Policy!

Q: What about Wait List reservations?

A: We will continue to take Wait List reservations, for those who may have missed out, after the Inclusive Edition pre-ordering window has closed. Please refer to our Wait List Reservation System for more information about how Wait Lists work.

Q: Will there still be Priority Pre-Ordering opportunities for Newsletter subscribers?

A: Yes, we will still offer our popular Priority Pre-Orders for many upcoming products. The Sideshow Inclusive Edition program will not replace Priority Pre-Orders, which reward our Newsletter Members with an early Pre-Order opportunity on hot products. Rather, Inclusive Editions will be made available for products that we feel especially appeal to a broader collecting audience. (For more information about Priority Pre-Ordering, please Click Here.)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Yeah, saw that after my post. i guess it sound alright.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Maul gallery is up.  Inclusive edition has a BD saber.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 06:33 PM »

Congratulations, Sideshow. You just gained a sale.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Nice looking figure all around but those boots look a little clunky, kind of Napoleon Dynamite-ish. Uhhhh IDIOT!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Yeah, I have to get this.  That looks great.  I do agree about the boots as they are a bit clunky.  However, everything else looks damn snappy to me.