Author Topic: Heads Up- Hasbrotoyshop.com Catalog  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Heads Up- Hasbrotoyshop.com Catalog
« on: April 1, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Just a heads up to look in the HTS catalog if you get it- it has Waves 2 and 3 (Hoth and Geonosis) available- including Utapau Clones and Scorch. For those of you who don't get it but want the product number and the ordering info, just PM me and I'll give it to ya.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Heads Up- Hasbrotoyshop.com Catalog
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Well, they're already "Out of Stock"

only  a few minutes earlier...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Oh, well, that sucks. I've yet to find any of these except for a single Veers. Sorry.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Just curious, how do you get one of these catalogs? Do you have to have ordered from Hasbro Toy Shop, or will they mail one if they have your adress? (Like if you sent in the Early Bird Certificate.)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I think you have to order it. I ordered stuff back at Christmas and just got one today in the mail. I don't know, maybe if you call Customer Support and ask them to send you one they will.

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I also got this in the mail, not bad. Would be nice if they had cupons in it though.
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I received a catalog too, but I've never ordered from them.  It's ironic, the source that actually produces the figures can't keep them in stock....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I received a catalog too, but I've never ordered from them.  It's ironic, the source that actually produces the figures can't keep them in stock....

Clearly a point a certain someone needs to bring up at SDCC.  I think Jared and others commented at the outset of this website that it would be entertaining to watch them try and keep the good stuff in stock, oddly they cannot ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2006, 02:51 PM »
I think the inability to keep things in-stock tie directly into Wal-Mart and Target.  I remember hearing Hasbro say at SDCC something along those lines...

I know from a Hasbro source that Wal-Mart was openly opposed to Hasbro having their own on-line store that would potentially undercut them, especially at "high peak" sales times (ie Christmas).

In other words, Hasbro has trouble keeping things in-stock because they do not want to piss off Wal-Mart and Target.  Those two are their two largest customers and both have a vested interest in making sure that you keep coming to THEM for your toys and not just buying things on-line direct from the manufacturer. 

Hasbro has to walk a careful balance with their on-line store.  They have to offer enough products so they can tell us they are "trying to help the collectors" but they can't sell too much of each assortment or Wal-Mart and Target will pitch a fit...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2006, 07:25 PM »
How can Target even remotely pitch a fit when they won't allow their employees to look for items that might be available for purchase in their stockroom and also post notes in their isles stating not to ask an associate about any exclusive or hard-to-find items?  I wish a Target and Walmart rep where on hand with Hasbro reps at their Q & A.  It would be worth the airfare just to watch the crew from JD rip 'em apart at SDDC.

Beth

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 3, 2006, 08:43 PM »
The whole thing is BS catch 22.  Target and WM won't buy more figures but Hasbro cannot sell them either, yeah that makes sense.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 3, 2006, 11:20 PM »
My interpretation remains that Hasbro won't adjust case assortments to the proper ratios.  Jeez, even the kids want the clones so what do they do?  Pack too few.  Yeah, yeah, they're continuously coming in various assortments of particular waves, but it won't satisfy demand.  So stores don't have enough, the website can't have enough and everyone gets screwed.  Interesting philosophy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I finally ordered something from Hasbro.com.  I got 5 Sun Facs and a few ROTS wookies.  I wanted to take advantage of that 25% and free shipping deal.  All the figures came nicely pack and MOMC.  Too bad they are army builders.  Sadly I got Vader holos in all 5 Sun Facs, what the deal?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.