Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72556 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #150 on: June 1, 2006, 01:15 PM »
That Daala looks almost Comic identical glassman! :o  Awesome work. I almost envy old Ozzel there...maybe that's the REAL reason Vader wasted him LOL.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 1, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Judging from that last picture, I'd have to admit that for Ozzel Pimpin ain't easy, but its neccessary. Excellent job on those two Glassman.

Remember everyone loves an Ozzel. ;D

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #152 on: June 1, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Thanks guys.
Pen Dragon, please do post dalla when you get her done. If its anywhere as good as you isard, it will be worth the wait.
Bloody, for dalla, i refer to the picture on the book cover of Jedi Search. That's the picture i think of when i think of her.
Ennis, Every one 'cept vader!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 1, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Wow! I knew that Isard was going to turn out great but I didn't know you were doing Daala too! Great choices of faces for both of them. Very well painted especitally the faces. For these two figures, I don't think they need much actuation at all. You can hardly tell that these are the same two bodies. It would however be neet if Isard had a bigger chest but you can't have everything. Hasbro needs to make this two pack someday.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #154 on: June 2, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Ya know phruby, i was tinking the same thing about the chest. Just to make them different, i was gonna add some size to one of them. But i figured like alot of atheltic women, a career miltary woman was trim and small proportioned, so i left it.
After i made the mold i though it would be easy to adjust the chest and make another... But then the water came, so i had to forgo that and the articulation.

The faces, only got paint on the lips and eyes.  I was so happy with the face color i left it alone.
I wish i had used the rest of the mix to cast a few more heads, but again i wasnt thinking.
My work area, due to the drying fans and dehumidfier had been 92 degrees one night and 100 the next.
We still have one more night to go too...  So i was only there as long as i had to be.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 09:38 PM by Glassman6 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 2, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Great entries on this guys, I regret not being able to find the parts I was looking for on this project.

Ennis - Your Isard looks great, I dig the red outfit and her proportions look good to me.  The shoulders seem to be a bit loose, but that's hard to sometimes get a peg to fit right.  I don't really like the Baroness head but there's not too many other choices out there.

tonphanan - Both of your figures look great, I probably prefer the Daala, just because I think Isard is one gross chick. 

Findswoman - Your Isard looks very nice, good choices of parts and she has a feminine look to her which is often hard to do with the available parts for female customs.  The only thing I don't like is the Baroness h ead again, but that's just the head.  For whatever reason I don't like that head.

Phruby - I like the Micro bodies for some customs, but I do think she looks a bit muscular.  But what you did with the balloon is one of the most creative things I've seen anyone do on any custom, and it worked out perfectly.  Very impressive.

Glassman - Both figures came out great, you never cease to amaze with your sculpting and casting.  Especially Daala, she looks beautiful man!  Isard looks great too, but I hate the white hair... not on your custom, but the character itself. I think it's too cartoony.

PenDragon - That Isard is just amazing... probably my favorite that anyone did. The parts choice was great, but the thing that really sets it apart for me is the paint scheme.  Just freaking amazing.

GREAT WORK GUYS AND GALS!

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 2, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I haven't had a chance to comment on the last batch of figures to come through from Glassman.   Well done!  I'm constantly amazed by the way you churn out these incredible high quality casted products.  I didn't realize that you casted the heads in flesh colored resin.  Did you just mix the pigments to the proper color before casting??

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #157 on: June 2, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Thanks brent and chewie.

Yes sir brentS,  I mixed the colors in the cup first (yellow white and a slight touch of red) then
added part A of my plastic. Stired that up so that it was a slight bit more orange than
it should be. Then i mix in part B. The plastic lightens the as it cures.(it dries off white) So you have to compensate for that too.
But i was very happy with how they turned out. So much so i didnt even want to paint them.
And its amazing how the surrounding colors effect the look of something.
The last  WIP pic, is before i added hair color. It looks so different with the hair and eyes painted.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #158 on: June 3, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Glassman, I've said it before, and I say it again: those two Imperial ladies of yours are absolutely A-1.  FANTASTIC job with the sculpting and painting (as always).  And you really got those Depa and Padmé heads to look completely different from the originals.  I'm in absolute awe -- standing beside you in  this Group Project is not at all easy to do!  :)

If it's all right wiith you, I may be asking for one of those Imperial femme bodies soon -- hope we can set something up, trade-wise.  :)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 12:06 AM by findswoman »

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #159 on: June 3, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Alright, after a work week from heck, helping a friend "emergency move" out of an apartment, and a couple of days of what I can only describe as allergies mixed w/ the flu, I can finnally take a moment to reply to things and post an almost done Daala. Thank goodness I don't have kids ;) Seriously, you parents are insane my heros!

Ooooh Pen, can i steal?  I really like the depa face... It works great.
Thanks, G-man! I'm honored that you found my idea worth while & helpful - you put her to use w/ stunning results! I'm with Finds on this one, if you make casts, consider me in line.  8)

Wow, Pen, that IS a Depa head, isn't it?  It works surprisingly well for Isard.  I don't think you have to add a rank badge -- there are plenty of reference pictures where she doesn't even have one.  If you're looking for things to do, though, you might paint the "riding crop" black, too -- might match her Imperial look better that way, and be distinguished from Mon Mothma's swizzle stick.
Thanks muchly Finds! And thanks for letting me bounce the idea off ya before I posted her here. It certainly helped.
As per your suggestions, I bought die for coloring the riding crop (and a few other things), and I've decided to leave off the rank badge.  I like the idea of Imp-Intel not needing them.
Oh, and I wanted to say that I'm pretty sure your Isard was the reason I used Anika. Yours made me want to use as many female part as possible. I wanted her arms to look slender & feminine, (like on your Isard's), and the rest went from there :)

Pen, I LOVE your figure.  I recognized the Annika parts, but the sculpy additions are amazing.  really a terrific job all around.  I only noticed those flaws after you pointed them out, but I'm sure the final version will be even more impressive.  Great, obscure choice of head with depa, makes her really look original.  Painting, sculpting is tops all around.
Thank you, L-Q! I'm glad you like the sculpty! I was pretty apprehensive about it at first - the stuff really isn't my strong point - but lord knows she needed it! ;) Thanks for commenting on it!

PenDragon - That Isard is just amazing... probably my favorite that anyone did. The parts choice was great, but the thing that really sets it apart for me is the paint scheme.  Just freaking amazing.
:'( *sniff* That is so cool! Thanks man! And as for the paint job, 'I learned it from watching you, CHEWIE, I learned from watching you!!!' Wow, I think I just dated myself, and probably offended someone... sorry ;D

Pen Dragon, please do post dalla when you get her done.
OK.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #160 on: June 4, 2006, 12:09 AM »
What the heck, I'll even throw in a parts list this time ;)

Head: Ewok Princess Leia
Torso : Barriss Offee, w/ sculpty collar & 'chest flap'
Rank Badge : Ozzel
Arms : Sub5 agent, Ankia (blue)
Hands: none yet
Gloves: Sub5 agent, Ankia (black - when I get another black one)
Belt(s) : Sub5 agent, Ankia (black) & a strip cut from a $0.98 WallyWorld "For Sale" sign (THANK YOU to whoever posted that idea here or at 'Scum or FFURG!)
Legs : Adi Gallia - with heavy dremel work
Pouches : some BBi dude
JumpSuit Trim: w/ the exception of the chest flap (sculpty), the pouches (bbi), and the forarms (Anika), all the rest of the trim was made from the "For Sale" sign

Things that I think still need work:
- black gloves
- regular hands
- dull Coat
- hair color needs tweaking
- belt needs touch up
- secondary forearm straps need ... something, but not silver
- eye brows need work
- chest trim touch up
- tighten bicep joints

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Not exactly dead on, but I'm OK with her  ;)

As always, thoughts, conjecture and derisive laughter are welcome; constructive criticism, helpful comments, & any ideas for improvements are quite appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 12:13 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #161 on: June 4, 2006, 11:21 AM »
OMG Pendragon, She rocks, There isn't anything to improve on except articulation in the legs. Can you post a picture of Daala and Isard together?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #162 on: June 4, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Pen, another teriffic figure. I wanted to do this version of dalla too, still may.
Terrific job on all the part choices, except the leia head. While it works well, it still says leia.
Like with your use of the depa head, its harder to tell its depa. Here its easy to see leia.

Other than that shes excellent. With the touch ups you mentioned she'll be pretty near perfect.

Finds, thanks for you comments. I'm too flattered.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 4, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Pen, Woa that is freaking amazing. It looks so cool! I love the choice of parts! What colors did you use, and how? Like base coat drybrush, wash so on. Wish I had her on my shelf with the other imps :)
« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 01:05 PM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 4, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Pendragon, that is AMAZING.  Simple amazing... what a great custom, I am stunned with both of your submissions on this.  Your painting is stellar, some of the best painting I've ever seen on a custom.  Love the hair braid too.  Wow!!!

:)