Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72562 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2006, 09:55 AM »
The hair does look better now. I've got to check my fodder bags and see what I can come up with for arms.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Well I started trying to make a Daala last night... ha ha, I have a lot of work to do on this.  I might have the guts to show a WIP pic or two, but so far it's too bad to show.  And by bad, I mean bad.

:)

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2006, 03:23 PM »

Findswoman.... Thats absolutly astounding!!!!
-Dhivael

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Here are my work in progress pictures for Ysanna Isard. She is not in her imperial outfit but in that sexy commando outfit. As you can see for the torso, I'm using a green waterballoon. I cut both the top and bottom on the balloon and stretched it over the body. I used a tiny dot of krazy glue to hold in in place below the neck and groin. The excess latex was cutoff and the back seam is glued in place. This hides the joints on the torso but still allows for complete movement.
This technique is great if your going to make any Marvel Superheros using the Microman body. All of the detail of the body shows thru the balloon and its skin tight.
Does the balloon actually take paint well or does it chip easy or not work at all?
-Dhivael

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Finds, Issard is beautiful. She looks very feminine. Your purposeful use of only female parts paid off. She turned out great. As you mentioned in re-doing the arms so they look more like a uniform, would be my only real critique. Great work.

Phruby, The balloon technique is looking great. Very cool indeed. Once you cut that hat off she's gonna be incredible.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Does the balloon actually take paint well or does it chip easy or not work at all?

It depends on your paint. Cheap craft store paints will chip. More expensive paints will not. Try it on a balloon and see.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2006, 03:43 PM »
See guys I told you Findswoman was going to put us all to shame. Excellent job finds, and the fact that she was made entirely of female parts makes her that much cooler.

Phruby yours is looking astounding so far. These Microlady figures suit you perfectly. The water ballon trick you have going on there is working great. I cant wait to see this one finished.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2006, 04:43 PM »
It's surprising how hard it is to find suitable ones that look like part of a uniform jacket w/ bare hands -- that's because no femme that's been released in the SW line so far really has them.

It is very hard.  I will probably use either POTF2 Mon Mothma arms (slightly wrinkly) or POTF2 Leia Collection Bespin Gown arms (which are a little on the skinny side and might not look quite right for an imperial uniform.)  It's either that or use Padme arms with the silver bands.  Gah!  Curse Hasbro's lack of good sleeved female arms!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2006, 05:00 PM »
How about using the Saga2 Veers' arms? They look reasonably androgynous (insert joke about noodle armed, limpwristed officer types  :P) I don't know how out of scale they'd be to your torso tho...I'd offer other suggestions, but the only female 4 inch figs i have are Zam (regular saga version, not sneak preview), ROTS Aayla, and VOTC Leia. How about "cheating" a little and giving her some battle armor? Then you could use Clonetrooper arms, tho it would kind of negate all the work you did on the torso and the soft goods :(

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I'm using a POTF2 monkey leia torso.  Those Veers/Ozzle arms are too big, alas.

Thanks, though.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Nice updates on the group project from Phruby and Findswoman!  I think the updates to your entry Esther looks great and I'm a huge fan of the balloon clad micrlady.    I'm yet to find an Elizabeth swam figure.  I've seen all the Captain Jacks that I need.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2006, 12:26 PM »
True, Swan seems to be difficult to find around here also. However, she definately isn't as hard to find as UGH cards.

I've removed the hat from Ms. Knightley and painted and fixed the hair. I'll post an update tonight.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:48 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Here is the painted altered head. It will look good once I get the sholder pads on.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2006, 01:04 AM »
I've been working on the pants tonight. I've been trying to hide the leg joints better and make it look more like a one piece outfit. This has been difficult to do. I cut the end of a balloon and fit it over the leg. Glue it at the bottom of the calf. Then cut the balloon so the leg joint fits back in its socket. Finally, stretching the balloon over the joint and onto the torso (doing a little folding and cutting with nail clippers and pliers as we go) It's a pain in the butt to do. It turned out not exactly the way I wanted it but it have to do for this project.

I also cut out the side of the suit for larger arm holes.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:10 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Wow, that balloon bodysuit has really taken shape, Phruby -- and you've put so much work into it.  It definitely looks much more like "one piece" now. 

... the Findswoman