Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72555 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #75 on: May 9, 2006, 05:21 PM »
James, you took that completely wrong. Please post them as examples and how you did them but ALSO show us your new version that you are working on for the project. We just can't include them in "i made this for the group project" submissions if it was made years before.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 03:56 PM »
Well I don't want to take sides here on this.  I think people should use this thread to show your new ones, but if someone posts their old work they can be asked in a nice way to try and follow the rules better.  Worst case scenario is the old work doesn't get added to the thread listing the new entries.  So I don't think anyone should avoid this place and would hate to see that.

As for my custom I really hope I can get going on this.  One thing though on mine (which will probably be Daala) is it might be a different outfit due to the lack of time I have lately to dedicate to customizing.  But I'll see what I can do.

:)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2006, 03:05 PM »
My microladies have showed up. For Isard, I'm planning on using a flesh colored Microlady with a large size chest. The thing that is special about this is that I will be using dark green colored balloons for clothing. Since she is sleavless in my reference picture, the balloons will only cover part of her legs and torso. I got the idea for this from peanut butter over at CC. I'll post a work in progress picture tonight.

Also does someone have an extra Agent Courtney Krieger head? My son's friend stole the one I was going to use for this project?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:09 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2006, 03:57 PM »
I don't have an extra head but those bodies always look really cool the possibilities are endless... what price do those typically run?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Phruby,
I'm looking forward to seeing how the balloon/microlady body works.  I envsion that it will be incredible.  I'm really looking forward to seeing this one through to completion.  It may put me over the top on the microman customs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2006, 12:19 PM »
They run about $6.50 a piece. I get them off ebay from Zira28 in Japan. They get here typically in about three days.

Here are my work in progress pictures for Ysanna Isard. She is not in her imperial outfit but in that sexy commando outfit. As you can see for the torso, I'm using a green waterballoon. I cut both the top and bottom on the balloon and stretched it over the body. I used a tiny dot of krazy glue to hold in in place below the neck and groin. The excess latex was cutoff and the back seam is glued in place. This hides the joints on the torso but still allows for complete movement.

For the legs, I used just the neck of the balloon cut off at both ends. Then I secured it and stretched it to fit. The arms could be covered with a balloon that clowns use for making balloon animals. Its just the right size to fit over the arms and be snug.

This technique is great if your going to make any Marvel Superheros using the Microman body. All of the detail of the body shows thru the balloon and its skin tight.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2006, 12:30 PM »
That is so freakin' cool its amazing!  This is the way all microladies should be done.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Wow, Phruby, that's going to be one fabulous Ysanne!  I LOVE the idea of the baloon for the catsuit -- really original -- even better than the Scarlett.  :)  I'm going to have to try out a few of those Microladies sometime...

And now, here's my own Ysanne Isard, just finished this morning, and she doesn't hold a candle to what yours will look like when done, but one does what one can!  Same parts as the WIP shot a few pages back, with the Leia skirt cut down to the proper length.  Do enjoy, everyone!

... the Findswoman

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Wow, Phruby, that's going to be one fabulous Ysanne!  I LOVE the idea of the baloon for the catsuit -- really original -- even better than the Scarlett.  :)  I'm going to have to try out a few of those Microladies sometime...

And now, here's my own Ysanne Isard, just finished this morning, and she doesn't hold a candle to what yours will look like when done, but one does what one can!  Same parts as the WIP shot a few pages back, with the Leia skirt cut down to the proper length.  Do enjoy, everyone!

... the Findswoman

Findswoman, that is amazing...i wasn't crazy about the soft goods from the first WIP you showed us, but that looks really good, my only gripe is with the elbow joints...they're a bit funky. Also the white hair stripes need to be more pronounced. Still she looks awesome. :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2006, 05:02 PM »
What a great looking figure Esther. The color of the softgoods matches the rest of the figure really well. I can't see but did you include the imperial ranking? A little more white on the hair would be perfect.

For mine, I'm trying to figure out how to put a piece of balloon around the groin in order to hide the leg joints. I'm thinking of cutting a piece to length. Then wrapping it around and connecting it between the legs. I hope there won't be too much of a seam that way. Any ideas? This should be fairly simular to working with cloth except it stretches.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Using a balloon - what a fantastic idea!  I have never heard of anyone using anything like that... wow!  That's genius Phruby!

Findswoman yours turned out good.  Good use of parts.  The arms I think might be better with a non-articulated elbow, but still it's looking good.  The thing you really did well the most I think on this is capturing a very feminine look to her, in terms of posture and body type.  It looks very natural.  Well done!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Here is the head I've choosen for Isard. This is a POTC Elizabeth Swan head. The skin color matches the head fairly well. Of course, I'll cut the hat off and redo the top of the head. Then I'll color it black and white like the reference. There is still work to do be done on the body. The suit below the arms needs to be cut. Then more detail work on the costume. Lots to do still.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2006, 12:51 AM »
Oh Paul, that's going to be so good!  Once the hat's off, that Elizabeth head is going to be great for Ysanne with the flowing hair look. And the balloons worked out fantastically.  It's coming along great!

Now, pursuant to the advice and suggestions of some who have posted, I've redone the white stripe in her hair -- hope it looks a bit better now.  Alas, however, I am not able to redo the arms at present, as I really don't have any other suitable female uniform arms at the moment.  (I looked, though.)  The elbow joints in the present arms were not added by me; I'm not sure exactly what the provenance of those arms is, but I got them in a lot of old fodder from the FFURG table.  In any case, you just have to believe me that the joints look far less objectionable in real life!  :D

Happy Customizing, all!

... the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Great job, Findswoman!

And Phurby, I look forward to seeing your version, looks great so far!

I finally found an Elizabeth Swann today myself.  Great figure!  And I think the body would be good for some customs if you can rip the jacket off (which is glued to her torso in a few spots, but is otherwise completely separate).

I tried to make a female imperial officer many months ago and stopped because I couldn't find any good arms.  but I think I have finally found a solution, so I may actually enter her in here (even though she won't technically be either Daala or Isard, but my own creation.)  She will, however, share the same Baronness head as Findswoman's version.

Great job, all!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Great to see you, Quazar!  I'm really looking forward to seeing your lady officer and to seeing what you have come up with for the arms.  It's surprising how hard it is to find suitable ones that look like part of a uniform jacket w/ bare hands -- that's because no femme that's been released in the SW line so far really has them.

Happy customizing, and take care!

... the Findswoman