Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72660 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2006, 08:26 PM »
I guess we should have all recognized that bust if you did hide it with sculpy  ;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2006, 09:31 PM »

Dang M_P - that balloon solution is just suberb! She looks ready to kick some butt.

But to really look like Croft, I think she'd need some 'help' from SpyLounge ;)

How was the Elizabeth Swam head to work with? Easy? Difficult?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2006, 10:58 PM »
Thanks Pen. Swan was very easy to work with. The head just pulls off and had the same neck hole as the microlady. All I had to do was take her pirate hat off. Swan also has a great inner body under the pirate coat. She is great fodder.

I'll have to pick up a spylounge figure for a really busty twi'lik.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Ooooh Pen, can i steal?  I really like the depa face... It works great.

Phruby, ya know i almost got going last night, i had the house to myself, but i opted to finish my wifes garden for her. So, i'll get started tomorrow!

I have till wedensday right? And the day off on monday, i'll make it for sure... I think. :-\

I think that head works well, I pick one up but put it back on the pegs this morning.
Great work paul.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Phruby, ya know i almost got going last night, i had the house to myself, but i opted to finish my wifes garden for her. So, i'll get started tomorrow!

You are a very good husband, Glassman.  ;) 

Wow, Pen, that IS a Depa head, isn't it?  It works surprisingly well for Isard.  I don't think you have to add a rank badge -- there are plenty of reference pictures where she doesn't even have one.  If you're looking for things to do, though, you might paint the "riding crop" black, too -- might match her Imperial look better that way, and be distinguished from Mon Mothma's swizzle stick. 

Paul, your finished product looks great!   The balloon clothes work great on the MicroLady body.  And I'm glad Elizabeth worked out well for you -- she sounds like great fodder, but alas, I have yet to find one.  The only thing is... her face seems awfully eager and wide-eyed, or something to that effect, in a way that's not quite in character for Iceheart. 

And Glassman, I can't wait to see yours!  I know it'll be super cool, too.  :)

Happy customizing, all!

... the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Great work, Phurby and Pendragon!

Pen,

I LOVE your figure.  I recognized the Annika parts, but the sculpy additions are amazing.  really a terrific job all around.  I only noticed those flaws after you pointed them out, but I'm sure the final version will be even more impressive.  Great, obscure choice of head with depa, makes her really look original.  Painting, sculpting is tops all around.

Phurby,

alas, as much as I respect and admire your work, I'm not a fan of the microman bodies you've been using lately, I just don't like seeing all those joints.  But the outfit and sculping here are great and the balloon concept is very original and works extremely well.  The flaws in your piece (from my perspective) at not at all a result of your work, which is top notch.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2006, 11:52 PM »
That's ok Quazar. I think your going to like my arena conflict Padme. She'll be sporting an all balloon outfit that hides ALL of the microman joints. Thanks Esther and Greg. I hope my Scorch will come out just as well. Hopefully the joints will be hidden enough on this project.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2006, 10:16 PM »
You guys really did a great job on this project.  I regret to say that I was unable to participate on time, but will try and make a custom for it later.

I've just been so damn busy lately.   :(

:)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21 PM »
There is still two days left.  8)
You can do it.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2006, 10:42 AM »
TWO DAYS... Plentey of time Chewie!!
Look what i did in a day and a half. At the rate you crank out customs,
I know thats more than enough time for you.

I finished the bodies for my customs, i need to finish sculpting the hair and making the casts for both ysaane and dalla. I'll finish the sculpt tonight and hopefully make the molds, and tomorrow, cast and paint .
I've also gotten a good color match with the pigments. Makes the painting I have to do minimal.

P.S. Those are not fingerprints, i tried to do a tweed pattern like on Ozzels uniform. I also stood the master sculpt next to Ozzel before making the mold and she is in perfect scale.

I opted to add articulation afterwards on this one to minimize the number of pieces i have to cast.
Since my fiures usualy end up in packaging or on a shelf, i skipped the leg articulation. I may add a swivel at the boots.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2006, 11:01 AM »
I am sure I will have some time tonight, but the problem is I have had difficulty finding a female body for this that I think will work and worked 60 hrs each week in May.  The customs that I did make in May were just very simple repaints.

I've lost bids on 4 different Factory Padme figures for this on ebay over the past month.  I only have one of those figures left, which is for a Padme in the Geonosis Arena diorama.  Grrrrr....

Glassman that looks awesome BTW!

:)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Glassman, love those sculpted femme-in-uniform bodies!  They'l look stunning on both your Imperial ladies.   Do you think you'll have those available for trade at any point?  :D

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2006, 01:58 PM »
That is going to be one hot looking imperial Greg. I'm still amazed how you can get a cast without any bubble in it. It's very smooth and I like the texture on the clothes. I see you did the legs separately and then one molded together. Is that for a different project?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Boy dont i know what you mean chewie, I'm only averageing 50 hrs a week, but all my spare time, i'm doing the stuff my wife "shouldnt" be doing. Thanks

Finds, thanks. Oh and we can work something out for a cast, soon as i get some more time. I'll keep you posted.

Phruby, thanks. Keeping the bubbles out comes after many many cast. I know where to look for bubbles now,(creases, folds, fingers, edges, etc..) so i get most of them. I take a toothpic and run it along the mold to move any air bubbles before i press my two halves together. These two surprisingly were virtually free.

The legs started out as wax casts of adi galla legs for retooling. When i went to remove them, i tore the mold, so i just made another for (like you said) future customs. I tend to do that to not waste the RTV. SO istead of a big mold with only 3 pieces, i randomly select pieces that i may or may not use in the future and make the mold.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Boy dont i know what you mean chewie, I'm only averageing 50 hrs a week, but all my spare time, i'm doing the stuff my wife "shouldnt" be doing.

I know what you mean. This pregnancy thing isn't any fun.  :'(