Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150969 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #330 on: March 4, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Nice ideas guys!  Ewoks sound great, So does Aura Sing!  What about White Gown Leia
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
ewok unleashed
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2004, 06:19 PM »
they should make an ewok unleashed. maybe lumat or teebo. I think that would rule...anyone know if they are planning on making an unleashed ewok
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2004, 06:38 PM »
Merging your post in here Paploo, and as you can see - there's some other fans of the idea of Unleashed Ewoks!  Especially Morgbug.   ;)

I'll have to see if I can dig up MisterPL's fine interpretation of Unleashed Ewoks for ya' too.  Some great stuff!  Hold on...

Here ya' go!

Like?  8)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 06:49 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Oh yeah, count me as a big fan of Ewok Unleashed ::)

No offense to Mister PL's artwork, it's great, but geez people.  

Ideas for unleashed Ewoks:

-two pack picking lice off of each other
-solo ewok with soft middle portion (like JediMac) for hugging due to unbearable cuteness
-ewok on a spit roasting on an open fire

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2004, 11:35 AM »

-ewok on a spit roasting on an open fire

:-*

I'd buy two.  Betcha they taste like chicken.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Seeing the new Luke, Chewie and CLone at TRU last night I jsut couldn't resist.  I'm making a concerted effort to make some space so I can display these properly.  I really love that Bossk too and I can't quit now

Chewie is nice, nicer than I thought he would be, I'm guessing the skimped on the base because he himself is mammoth in size

I really like the Clone, really well done, looks great and is in a great dramatic pose.

Luke is also nice but I'm not a big fan of how he is placed on the base.  Its a weird angle and how he's sort of leaning out of the base while there are large portions of the base still behind hi, its really hit and miss :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2004, 12:02 PM »
I just received my Chewie and Luke from Kebco on Wednesday, and I'm happy with these.  I know a lot of people don't care for the Chewbacca, and although I will admit that it is a little "extreme", I do like it.  Like Scott said, in person it looks pretty good I think.  I've been trying to stick to OT-only, since these things do take up a lot of room...but that Clone is pretty cool too.  I think I'll continue with just OT, my display space for them is already full...and I still want to get Bossk and the Tusken later this year.  Hmmm...what to pack away now for more room? :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2004, 12:32 PM »
I just received my Chewie and Luke from Kebco on Wednesday

Dammnit, my are still pending.  Son of a bitch.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2004, 03:20 PM »
I just received my Chewie and Luke from Kebco on Wednesday

Dammnit, my are still pending.  Son of a *****.

Jeez, now I feel guilty, cuz I have mine, from you (in a round about way).   I haven't opened them yet, but will soon.  

My basic opinon at this point is that pictures and in package just don't do these figures/statues justice.  I did not like the picture of the Chewbacca.  Now that I have that (heavy) figure, I really like it.  It's impossible to sculpt hair at the best of times and this is a neat interpretation.  I think they did an excellent job of the facial features as well.  This sort of reminds me of Chewie on the death star running with Han and firing backwards.  The face seems to be as animated as it should have been had Chewie not been just a costume in the original movies.  Well done.  

Luke looks fine too.  Haven't set him up like Scott, so can't respond to your comments.  Still think it's an odd choice for an unleashed figure  but hey, I bought it didn't I?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2004, 03:32 PM »
I feel bad that you haven't gotten yours yet either Mikey, that is strange.  Mine had been pending for quite a long time (couple months probably), and I finally e-mailed them to just politely ask what was up...they told me that they would all be shipped this week sometime, and actually my status went from "pending" to "shipped" the next day after I wrote them (last Friday).  I got them on Tuesday I think.  Hopefully yours are on the way soon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2004, 03:49 PM »
I set Chewie up next to Han, it looks sort of neat, except for Chewie's bizzaro base...why not make it a piece of Falcon Decking or Death Star Floor...or cover him in snow and make him frozen Chewie...some more figures I want:

ANH Luke (After Obi-Wan bites it)
ANH Leia (Detention Cell Baby)
Hoth Han (Brown Coat)
Bespin Han (Toture Rack)
Bespin Luke (After he loses his arm, this should have been Luke #1)
Lando (Escape from Bespin)
IG-88
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar (Got to have all of the Bounty Hunters)
Wampa (make it an exclusive)
Stormtrooper (obvious)
Snowtrooper (love that outfit)
Scouttrooper (this one too)
Royal Guard (this one double too)
Jabba (again Exclusive)
Amanaman (That latest Comic is awesome)
Lobot (so Lobot's Duplex gets another member)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2004, 08:11 PM »
-solo ewok with soft middle portion (like JediMac) for hugging due to unbearable cuteness

You best back off with your desire to hug my cute self!  Sheesh, it was just a Muppet cookiee, man.  It's not like I sent you a tiger print thong, or sumthin'...   ::)

And how did you know that I had started using Patty's skin moisturizer to create that "soft" middle portion on myself?  That is what you meant, right...?  Soft like a baby's butt, I tell ya'.   8)

As for the actual Unleashed figures, if they pump out some more "hot Star Wars chicks" and Bounty Hunters, I may be tempted to pick up a couple more!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2004, 09:30 PM »

As for the actual Unleashed figures, if they pump out some more "hot Star Wars chicks" and Bounty Hunters, I may be tempted to pick up a couple more!   ;)

You know you want them, so get them all  :P

Is your belly button pierced? :-*

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: April 7, 2004, 09:54 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd make sure all you Unleashed fans saw this news item from GH.com:

First Unleashed Variant - RED Clone Trooper (Captain)

Luckily, I'm happy with my one Clone Unleashed statue and don't need the Red one...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 7, 2004, 11:35 AM »
Oh....no >:(  No, no, no.  don't do this Hasbro.  Don't fall for the 'buzz' chase pieces create.  Bloody hell. >:(