Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149567 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:Unleashed Pictures New Figures
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 11:08 AM »
I noticed that as well, but I figured it was just seems in the coat. Perhaps you can adjust what angle the saber is being held. Thatd be cool.

I still think Palpatine is awesome, he looks sorta like an enraged bird of prey or something.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2003, 12:15 PM »
I want them all.. and badly...  ::)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2003, 06:59 PM »
iam not a fan of the line its seems a little pointless to me
but the luke is rediculus i gota have it!!!!!!!!!!

Well, let me tackle this one.

I don't get why ya diss Luke, but then counter to say you want it?  I think it's fantastic.

The Unleashed line is "extreme", yes, but there are alot of enthusiasts that want something more than just basic 3 3/4 sized figures to put on a shelf.

Also, this appeases the collectors who passed on the Epic Force and Mega Action lines, due to lack of over all quality.

It appeals to statue and bust collectors, who don't always want to shell out $50 for something larger than a 3 3/4 figure.

In MY case, it's perfect for me, because I am a carded collector. I hated having loose things in my house. These though..these were meant to be opened, and not only that, but they display great.

This is a popular line, and as long as they keep making the most popular characters, I don't see any problems.

It really helps my "man, I wanna open something" fix that I get when I find new toys.

Unleashed and 12". Two things this carded collector will open gleefully, and endorse fully.

To the Unleashed line!

Unleashed Family: Top to Bottom: Jango Fett, Vader, Anakin, Maul, Padme, Dooku, Loose Jango's reserving Leias spot  ;D

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Pictures New Figures
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2003, 07:31 PM »
The Unleashed line as I have said many times before just isnt my thing.These things warm the shelves here like there is no tomorrow.I've passed many times on them even after finding them on clearance at $5.

Unless they make an Unleashed biker scout which I hope they never ever consider I'll pass on em all.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2003, 09:47 PM »
Well, I will only get an unleashed if it absolutely grabs me... Palpatine is the first to do that.

I can't wait for an unleashed Ewok.  8)

Offline JediMike393

• Youngling
  • "Try not, do or do not. There is no try" -[Yoda]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2003, 10:04 PM »
The Sidious figure looks amazing! (the force lightning effect just makes it look so much better) and so does the Obi-Wan. 8)

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2003, 04:51 PM »
i didn't like these at first. my sister got me the jango one for christmas, and since it was beat to hell, i opened it... and then I realized how COOL these are. They're very dope, and this is the one case where these figures are not meant to stay in the package.  I have most of them, just missing mace and anikan right now. Anikan is the only one I am not too excited about, but the others are really cool.

The new Luke is awesome. I'm so tired of hearing the "jell-o" lightsaber comment... These are statues, and they're artists interpertations... I dunno, it just gets on my nerves, just like how people rag on the normal line of figures. I think the lightsaber part is awesome, cause It resembles the slash of the blade from the movie, and gives it a comic feel. just a thought.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2003, 08:30 PM »
Well, I will only get an unleashed if it absolutely grabs me... Palpatine is the first to do that.

I can't wait for an unleashed Ewok.  8)

Brad, that is funny!

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2003, 05:24 AM »
YES, just got the deal of my life, 3 unleashed for 8 ˆ each !

Jango Fett
Dooku
Mace

;D

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2003, 09:47 AM »
$8 isn't bad at all, Kris! I wish these damn stores around here would go ahead and clearance the dozens of first-release Unleashed, maybe at $8 I'd pick up the Jango and a Dooku (not sure if we even have Dooku down here).

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2003, 05:01 PM »
not via a local store, but thanks to a german store that got a stock from Hasbro.. basic figs  for 4 ˆ :D

Offline Obi-Wan

• Youngling
  • The Force Is My Ally
    • View Profile
    • Jediforce!
Han Solo & Yoda Unleashed
« Reply #26 on: May 3, 2003, 12:35 PM »
Thanks to rebelscum

Obi-Wan
Staff Member: Jediforce

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Han Solo & Yoda Unleashed
« Reply #27 on: May 3, 2003, 02:03 PM »
Hmmm.  Pictures never seem to do these justice.  I never liked the original ones that were released, as I had only seen pictures and then in package.  Not too impressed at that point.  

Then I lucked into finding 3 at only $5 a piece on clearance.  Heck, I can buy ugly stuff at that price.  When I opened them up and put them on display - WOW!  Great looking pieces.  

I'm sure these will be the same.  I really like the Han pose, it seems so characteristic.  Having a really small chunk of the Falcon is cool too (I presume it's the Falcon).  Yoda is interesting too.  Again, the picture doesn't do much for me, but I'm sure that once he is in my grubby little hands, I'll be most impressed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 3, 2003, 03:50 PM »
Hmmm...  The Unleashed line is one of the few sublines that I've yet to delve into, though I occasionally find some of its pieces mildly enticing...  That Han looks pretty cool actually.  Not too crazy or dramatic a pose like some of the previous Unleashed figures.  The Falcon ramp is a great touch.  I'm going to try to resist the temptation though.  We'll see how it goes.  But considering I do plan on snagging the Slave Leia, I just might decide to stick this Han right next to her...   :-\

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2003, 04:27 PM »
I love them !! !