Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 155501 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2005, 09:09 AM »
LOL  Beat ya by a few seconds.  :P   ;)    ;D   :)

Update, today's feature is a double feature!  ;D

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 13, 2005, 08:57 PM »
To say that I am dancing about the figures definitely being "interactive" is an understatement.  I'm seriously considering just going out at midnight and buying the three Unleashed figures and waiting until the next day to get all the action figures.  Beating a dead horse, but three years ago, if you told me this line would be the highlight of my collecting, I'd have asked what drugs you were taking and why you weren't sharing. :)

This being said, the photos on GH.com look as if Hasbro cheaped out on the "lava" that comes with Anakin and Obi-Wan (being that they aren't as luminous and more "solid" if that makes any sense; I was anticipating material not unlike the jet pack exhaust on the Boba Fett), but nevertheless, they will look magnificent as the centerpiece of my Unleashed shelf (or shelves, as the case will no doubt be before long).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 13, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I'm seriously considering just going out at midnight and buying the three Unleashed figures and waiting until the next day to get all the action figures.  Beating a dead horse, but three years ago, if you told me this line would be the highlight of my collecting, I'd have asked what drugs you were taking and why you weren't sharing. :)

You know, this is one of the things I've been waiting for in the coming release.  The Unleashed line has really become a favorite of mine, too.  I'm really looking forward to getting the new assortment on April 2nd.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #543 on: March 14, 2005, 12:53 AM »
I have yet to find the Stormtrooper wave.  >:(

I guess I could stop being such a cheap bastard and order them from EE.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 12:55 AM by Hasbro's Missing Integrity »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Unleashed Again - Twilek freebie?
« Reply #544 on: March 16, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Hey, for any of you guys who have picked up the latest Unleashed wave (Stormie, IG, Aurra), if you have no interest in the mini Twilek Bodyguard that came free in that set, any chance you could pass it along to me?  I could pay your shipping costs (about a buck).  The figure itself is an identical mini to the prior regular release, it's just the text on the bottom that's changed slightly, and dumbass OCD completists like me would like to have the silly little text changes too, as lame as that sounds.  If you can hook me up, I'd prefer the card as well.

So give me a holler if anyone has any extras of these that they don't want.  Thanks!

- Matt

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 16, 2005, 01:15 PM »
You can have mine Matt.  I've no use for it.  I'll bring it and the card to C3 for ya. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #546 on: March 16, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Cool.  Thanky.  You can just tuck it into the Holo Sith Lords box if you'd like.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 16, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Will do.  No worries.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 20, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Well I've really gotten into this line since I found the Ep.III set so today I picked up Mace and Dooku on clearance at Target.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 20, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Alliance Collectibles.com has some images of the next few Unleashed:

Darth Vader

Darth Sidious & Yoda

Asajj Ventress

The angle of the Darth Sidious and Yoda is odd - it's hard to see what Yoda really looks like.  But I think it will be pretty sweet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 21, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics, the upcoming figures look pretty cool.  Looks like the rumors of that wave must be true.  I look forward to getting better looks at the Vader and Yoda/Sidious sets, as I'd like to pick up both of those.  I kind of like the idea of having both Yoda and Sidious in that set...setting them up in a battle pose (like the Anakin and Obi-Wan sets are able to) really makes a nice display.  I really enjoy the Unleashed line, but I'm having a tough time figuring out the space to display them.  I bought more shelving this weekend, but I'm not sure how its going to work.  Running out of room quickly :).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 21, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Do we have the "drooling" smiley yet?  ;D

I've officially thrown the "only one of each character" credo I had been going by out the window now that I have seen these.  That Vader looks great, and even Ventress looks good.  Yoda and Palpatine, though, is the piece de resistance.  I'm just hoping that it will have an actual base with it.

So, I guess that leaves the rumored Stormie Han/Chewie/Clone wave for the end of the year.  After having gotten the Stormie from the current wave online, it looks as if the helmet on the figure is a separate piece glued onto the figure's neck, so I am halfway expecting that the Han will just be a "reheaded" version of the current Stormie.  If they're going to go that route, just do a Luke at the same time and pack them 1 per case in the same case.  Or do a running change like with the Red Clone. 

And mosnab, I'm right there with you on the shelving space issue.  The top shelf of my computer desk is packed to capacity, and I really need to make a trip to Home Depot or something in the next few days before the ROTS stuff hits.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 21, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Do we have the "drooling" smiley yet?  ;D

Will this one will do. 

Those pictures are just super, I would like to see a better shot of Sidious & Yoda. Asajj Ventress looks pretty scary, a great line this is.  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 21, 2005, 09:19 AM »
And mosnab, I'm right there with you on the shelving space issue.  The top shelf of my computer desk is packed to capacity, and I really need to make a trip to Home Depot or something in the next few days before the ROTS stuff hits.

That's the exact same situation I have going.  The top of our computer desk is full of the Unleashed, and I've always wanted to get a better display/shelving option for them.  I don't like our desk to get too cluttered, and I'm out of room up there anyways.  I picked up a nice (affordable) shelf this weekend, just to try out, but I already know I need another one, and will need yet another when this second wave of Unleashed comes out.  They just take up a lot of space, but I really enjoy them and would like to keep the collection going.  We haven't seen what will come of the rumored Han/Chewie/Clone wave yet, but I'm guessing if those are true (unless just repacks of some sort), I'll be on board for that.  Otherwise, I still hope to pick up the following in the next few months...which really makes me think about the display issue even more :)

Stormtrooper (haven't found yet)
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grievous
Darth Vader (ROTS)
Palpatine vs. Yoda

Yikes! :)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile