Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151137 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #675 on: July 5, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Thanks Jesse!  Gotta look that guy up now.

Yeah, Asajj is the pegwarmer, but they are still moving.  Too many people into the line now. 

Got my Tusken Raider via trade today.  The collection grows! 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 5, 2005, 10:16 PM »
Next wave of Unleashed has been posted at : SW.com

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 5, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Lovely - a bunch of rehashes.

The Clone and Solo are nice enough - but that wookie didn't look good last time around.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 6, 2005, 12:03 AM »

The Clone and Solo are nice enough - but that wookie didn't look good last time around.

I'll agree here. 
The wookie I have precisely zero need of.  It's lame, IMO.

The Shock Trooper is a personal guard to Palpatine, or so all the text tells us, so I guess I can make that stretch, but I'm not sure it's different enough from the red clone I already have.

Han looks pretty cool though, and I'm going to guess the next wave will have the base join up with that one having a Luke Stormie.  I'll likely unload my classic Han in favor of this one.  Maybe.  Maybe not.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #679 on: July 6, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Fantastic, another hidious Wookiee sculpt and two characters that will be hoarder and scalper targets. I can't wait to find tons of the Wook and zero of the other two. Fun!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 6, 2005, 01:56 AM »
Another Wookiee with different weapons... whoopee.

Han I like and the Shock Trooper I can live with but Hasbro should have came out with different characters that have not been done. I just hope that these figs don't kill the line.  :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #681 on: July 6, 2005, 03:41 AM »

I take it that the Han is the Stormtrooper body with a new head and base, but I can't tell for certain on the clone. Did they just do a head and base swap on that, too? My memory of the AOTC version is shoddy.

I'm not too annoyed with them, because it's a bit of the old POTJ mindset that I guess works to squeeze out a few figures we might not have otherwise seen. But I also hope this doesn't become a major trend.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 6, 2005, 07:27 AM »

I know any type of trooper sells so I guess tossing in another one after a few waves is ok but another Wookiee???  I might get two Han's (even though it's another character repeat).  One with the helmet on and one to display without.  I was hoping for a Qui-Gon but what the hell was I thinking?? This is Hasbro after all.... :P
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 6, 2005, 07:57 AM »

I'll agree here.
The wookie I have precisely zero need of. It's lame, IMO.

The Shock Trooper is a personal guard to Palpatine, or so all the text tells us, so I guess I can make that stretch, but I'm not sure it's different enough from the red clone I already have.

Han looks pretty cool though, and I'm going to guess the next wave will have the base join up with that one having a Luke Stormie. I'll likely unload my classic Han in favor of this one. Maybe. Maybe not.

Love em all minus chewie - it's just too difficult to pull off "hair" in plastic.

Morgbug - if you decide to sell classic Han, drop me a line! 
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 07:57 AM by ruiner »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 6, 2005, 08:57 AM »
It looks like the rumors from earlier this year were true.  It does look to me like all three might be rehashed/retooled a bit from previous versions.  Even with that, I like this wave.  The Chewbacca probably wasn't necessary...and the first version wasn't anything spectacular anyways...but I'll probably pick it up since I'm a Han/Chewie fan.  I actually really like the Stormtrooper Han, and the comment earlier about a Stormtrooper Luke in the future is probably pretty accurate.  The clone is cool too, and I'm glad I held off on picking up the AOTC Clone version, as I'll get this one instead.  I really enjoy this line, and hope we get some news of future waves for later this year or early next year.  Now, to just re-invent the shelves some more to see if I can keep having the space to support this collection ;).  No new updates from Amazon on my preordered Vader and Yoda/Sidious, I hope they can come through and ship these.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Unleashed Chewbacca, Clonetrooper, Han Stormtrooper
« Reply #685 on: July 6, 2005, 09:00 AM »
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20050705.html

So far I have managed to resist the Unleashed line.  Since Hasbro has dumped the 12 inch line I am thinking about going into this area more and more.  I really like the looks of these three.  Especially that Clonetrooper!  Wow! 

« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 09:10 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Chewbacca, Clonetrooper, Han Stormtrooper
« Reply #686 on: July 6, 2005, 09:48 AM »
Personally I think they took the old chewbacca, put an EIII wookiee blaster in his hand and a shield and called it "new," and then they took the old clone trooper, painted parts of it red, put the shorter rifle in his hand and removed the dead clone base in favor of a lava one, and then took the old stormtrooper, pulled the head off and gave it a han head.

Junk.

Give us something new, rehashes look ****** especially in this line.  These 3 look just like 3 others we already have.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 6, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Looking at the photos and then looking at the original figures on which they are based (no pun intended), it's fairly apparent that these are practically straight rehashes, with minor sculpting changes on Han and the Clone.

The Han is the exact same pose and the exact same body as the previously (un)available Stormtrooper from earlier this year.  The only difference is the head, but at least they did a removable helmet.  The base, however, looks completely new, as is the tentacle (although it wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the Fett's Sarlaac and used one of those; I just can't tell from the photos).

The Clone is the exact same mold as the AOTC Clone(s), but with a new head and a new blaster, and obviously a new paintjob.  Again, the base is completely new, and Clones are popular enough (and the sculpt is good enough) for me to not be upset at all about this one.

Both of these will probably fly off the shelves, as even though they are rehashes, they are different and unique enough that they will still look great displayed with the others.  Chewbacca, however...

It's the same figure as the one previously released that nearly everyone disliked (I didn't think it was *that* bad myself).  The main gripe most people I know had with it was that "base" which was just a blob of green and instead of doing something interesting with it this time around, we get the same blob, only in tan.  His hand was already molded to look like it could hold something, so they just slapped that Wookiee totem pole shield in it and gave him a new gun, which looks fairly awkward in the photos.

I just hope that these figs don't kill the line.

I don't think they will, as I think the Han and Clone will sell really well, but Chewie is going to be around for a long, long time I fear.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 6, 2005, 10:41 AM »
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20050705.html

So far I have managed to resist the Unleashed line.  Since Hasbro has dumped the 12 inch line I am thinking about going into this area more and more.  I really like the looks of these three.  Especially that Clonetrooper!  Wow! 

I'd love to go back and get the ones I'm missing, but I can't justify the secondary prices....

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #689 on: July 6, 2005, 10:42 AM »
While I'm not into the Unleashed, it's good to see that Hasbro is showing new product before ComiCon.  Hopefully we'll see new 3 3/4 guys.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com