Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149982 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #765 on: July 27, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Nice score on that deal for Stormtrooper wave there!  You'll see by my signature that I'm looking for the same ones myself.  I would've probably jumped on that deal a couple weeks ago, had I known about it.  Did manage to work out an IG-88 in trade last week, for about $22, so that's not too bad.  I could probably live without Aurra, since I mostly just pick up the OT figures from this line.  But damn, that stupid Stormtrooper's gonna be a thorn in my side for some time to come, I bet..

I'm the same as you Matt, I basically just stick to the OT ones with this line (with a few exceptions)...and I'm really concerned about getting a Stormtrooper.  I was hoping that we'd see it get re-released, but with the news of the line going on "hiatus", that isn't looking too likely.  This wave must have come and gone at our local TRU, a few months ago, as I found 1 each of Aurra (passed) and IG-88 (picked up), but of course, the Stormtrooper was gone.  I kept checking that store hoping they would restock, but it has been nothing but Obi-Wans and Anakins since then.  I've taken a look at them one bay, but I don't know if I want to pay triple (or more) the price to get one for the collection.  I really hope that the Han Stormtrooper isn't this tough to find, I'd really like to get that figure.  I had (have) the Vader and Yoda/Sidious preordered through Amazon, but I'm not counting on it.  I guess I could live without them since I already have the first Vader, and I have the first Yoda as well, but if I'd see them at retail I'd pick them up.  Man, it really stinks that this line is leaving.  So many other characters I'd like to see made.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 27, 2005, 09:17 AM »
mosnab,
I have both the vader and yoda/sidious in my living room ready to go back to wal-mart, they are not in perfect condition, but if you want to trade for something for them I will help you out.

I need: yoda, boba fett, windu, luke, leia, first vader, and solo
Let me know!!
Josh
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 27, 2005, 09:45 AM »
mosnab,
I have both the vader and yoda/sidious in my living room ready to go back to wal-mart, they are not in perfect condition, but if you want to trade for something for them I will help you out.

Let me know!!
Josh

If Brian (mosnab) doesn't want them, I'd gladly buy them off you.  I don't any of your wants if you would rather trade them though.

Mikey
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2005, 09:55 AM »
mosnab,

Let me know!!
Josh

Josh-

Thanks so much for the offer, I really appreciate it.  I'm going to hold out and see if retail comes through right now, and if not, that's ok.  If you want to, go ahead and hook up Mikey D...he's one heck of a guy :).  Thanks again for the offer though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 4, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I read some news (rumor) today that ToyBiz might be looking into an "Unleashed"-style line for its Lord of the Rings property.  While that could be quite cool, it depresses me more that we're seeing the end (or hiatus) of the Star Wars Unleashed in this larger scale.  I was looking back over the releases to see what I was missing (I'd like to...someday...get most/all of the OT characters released), and there really was a lot of potential left for figures, even if you don't get into minor background characters.  For example, focusing on the OT here, these are the characters we saw (or will see) released:

Darth Vader (1st Version)
Darth Vader (2nd Version - Removable Helmet)
Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)
Boba Fett
Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Han Solo (A New Hope)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
Bossk
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker (ESB - Snowspeeder Pilot)
Tusken Raider
IG-88
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader (ROTS?)
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

That leaves a lot of room for growth, even with the main(ish) characters.  Here's a few that I think could have made pretty spiffy Unleashed, and my collection kind of feels empty without some these characters represented.

Lando Calrissian (Bespin or Skiff Guard)
C-3PO and R2-D2 (Put them together, just to have them represented, maybe R2 "blowed up" and 3PO reacting)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben, maybe even a "put together" 2 piece with a Vader similar to the ROTS Anakin and Obi)
Snowtrooper (Could be cool)
Scout Trooper (Ditto)
Sandtrooper
OT Yoda (might be hard to "unleash" him, but you could always do a two pack with a Dagobah Luke)

Other versions of main characters already done:

Han Solo (Bespin, Hoth, Endor, Carbonite)
Luke Skywalker (Tatooine, Bespin, Hoth, Endor)
Princess Leia (ANH, Boussh, Endor)

Other Background/Misc Characters:

4-LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar
Jawa(s)
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gammorrean Guard
Hammerhead
Amanaman
Ewoks :P

If they could go larger...
Wampa
Jabba the Hutt

I know it has been mentioned before, but there are a lot of possibilities remaining for this line.  Plus with all the various characters from the prequels (Jedi especially), you could be set for awhile.  I know the price/sales numbers were supposedly a factor in the hiatus, but even if it could be a sort of online exclusive or something, it would just be nice to see it continue.  Until then, time to wait for that Unleashed Stormtrooper to come down from its high ebay prices :P.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2005, 03:09 PM by mosnab »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 4, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Great list of ideas!

The line has potential with main OT characters alone....think of all the different versions you can do with Solo, Luke and Vader (or troopers for that matter).

This was the only line I paid attention to (even though I missed a few here and there) in addition to the 3 3/4 line.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 6, 2005, 01:02 PM »
I got totally hooked on the Unleashed when I found the first wave of ROTS figs 2 weeks early but now with this hiatus or ending of the line, I've been thinking about selling off my collection.  I don't have Yoda or Boba Fett and I'm not sure I want to dump $70 each for loose ones.  I was browsing ebay for completed loose auctions last nite and I could get close to $450 or so for all of them, minus the Vaders and Anakins which I would keep.  Decisions, decisions.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 6, 2005, 01:36 PM »
My suggestion is to dump them.  I think when the line ends, the prices are going to drop.  Not immediately, but they will as people lose interest.  I think there's a lot speculators looking at Unleashed, something I think looks crappy in the package. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 6, 2005, 04:39 PM »
My suggestion is to dump them.  I think when the line ends, the prices are going to drop.  Not immediately, but they will as people lose interest.  I think there's a lot speculators looking at Unleashed, something I think looks crappy in the package. 

They are all now on ebay.  The decision by Hasbro to stop the line and the fact I'm limited on space were the deal-breakers for me.  I also don't want to pay crazy prices for a Yoda, "redemption" Vader and Boba Fett.  I'll stick to my SportsPicks.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 7, 2005, 01:03 AM »
I kind of see the reverse happening on Ebay.  Since the line has been paused, prices have shot throught the roof.  I watched a Boba Fett go for $145 today.  The Vader that came out in 2004 has gone up about $25 and the Luke Jedi and Leia have also gone up about $25 in the last few weeks.

My suggestion is to dump them. I think when the line ends, the prices are going to drop. Not immediately, but they will as people lose interest. I think there's a lot speculators looking at Unleashed, something I think looks crappy in the package.

I agree that the first figure packaging was horrible,  but the "new look" is awsome, though they look the best opened!!  This is the first line of figs I have collected since vintage, and the only one too (and some AOTC animated stuff).  I personally think Hasbro makes alot of crap!  I have only bought 3 ROTS figs: Anakin battle damage, Yoda holographic, and C3 Vader.  Nothing else interests me.  Leave it to Hasbro to cancel them!!!
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 7, 2005, 01:18 AM »
And you could be absolutely right, the prices may continue to climb.  But if someone's not interested/lost interest, it is a good time to sell. 

These figures are giving me fits, because mine are all loose and I need to pack them up.  How to manage that properly?   

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #776 on: August 7, 2005, 01:32 AM »
I picked up an Unleashed IG-88 today in a sweet deal with Ricardo, for a little over $20 with a trading contact of his.  So now I really just need the Stormie (and maybe an Aurra), and then I can go back to be eternally ****** on the Boba Fett and RH Vader.  Hell, I've had two three buddies recently sell their Unleashed collections off, and I couldn't even get a sniff at theirs...  :-\

I hate being incomplete.  HATE IT.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2005, 01:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 7, 2005, 01:52 AM »
I haven't seen a Stormtrooper here since I picked up mine at the coin shop.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 7, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Me either, I picked up the only Stormtrooper I saw for $28 CAD and it seems to have been a stroke of genius.  I can still find IG-88 and Aurra for the same prices. 

I have to confess I sold off some of my loose pieces, pulling about $70 each for Yoda and Boba and getting my money back on Anakin and the clone trooper.  I'd like to trim the collection even more, but the few pieces I want to unload aren't worth much. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 7, 2005, 12:35 PM »
These figures are giving me fits, because mine are all loose and I need to pack them up.  How to manage that properly?   

I don't envy you Brent.  Mine recently went into storage until my room is renovated and it took some very careful packing.  All I can say is use a lot of bubble wrap after disassembling them as much as possible.  Despite the care required, I was surprised at how little room they actually needed for storage.

By the way, if you've got a Boba/Jango Fett or Jedi Luke Unleashed to get rid of, PM me.  The other 2 I need are both older Vaders.  But at this point, I'm not too worried about them because I refuse to pay the prices they're going for.  And besides, I just got the ROTS Vader, so that will do fine for now.