Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151316 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #825 on: September 7, 2005, 03:59 PM »
 ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 7, 2005, 08:12 PM »
   ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 7, 2005, 10:07 PM »
HASBRO ANNOUNCES A NEW SCALE FOR SUCCESSFUL 'UNLEASHED' STAR WARS LINE!

Providence, RI (AP):  Hasbro Toys, known around the world for their inept handling of one license after another, has announced that their popular line of Star Wars: Unleashed is going to be moving into "new" territory: a 2 inch scale of less detailed, less interesting figures under the Unleashed banner...

Funny post!  But it's Pawtucket, RI.  Sorry!  8)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #828 on: September 8, 2005, 11:33 AM »
NOT CANCELLED!

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsid.360D88AB-D56F-E112-4B485677FE0C7A7A/dn/default.cfm

"Previously shown at Comic Con, the 7" Unleashed wave that included Han Solo, Chewbacca and the Clone Trooper has been delayed to 2006. While the Unleashed 7" line is not being offered to retailers in the spring, there are plans to return the line to retail for Fall 2006 (including the three figures mentioned) alongside the Unleashed 2" Battle Packs."

So, not cancelled, just delayed for a while... congrats to everyone who complaioned to Hasbro, I guess they do listen to us once in a while!   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 8, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for posting this Jeff, this is great news.  Not necessarily the delay part (but at least they are coming eventually), but the news that the line is returning in the Fall of 2006.  Hopefully we'll see some great, brand new figures in the future yet now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 8, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Excellent news - it appears that Hasbro pulled their heads out of their asses long enough to hear us!   8)   8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 8, 2005, 02:26 PM »
I find it interesting that everybody's spazzing over 1 post a (ooooh) spy said from" inside Hasbro". I will defer judgement until Hasbro actually makes a press release AND companies like entertainment earth, ect start cancelling orders and labeling the item as discontinued.

Mmmhmmm.....I wonder if my preordered wave 3 will cancel now that it's been moved out a year?Havn't seen anything negative from EE yet......

Yeah..Newer figs! I WANNA JESSEVADER08 " sith eyes variant" UNLEASHED FIGURE!!!!!!
You know like the one in the open figure theatre thread- maybe we can make him with 'package ripping action'....hehe :P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 8, 2005, 04:06 PM »
NOT CANCELLED!

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsid.360D88AB-D56F-E112-4B485677FE0C7A7A/dn/default.cfm

"Previously shown at Comic Con, the 7" Unleashed wave that included Han Solo, Chewbacca and the Clone Trooper has been delayed to 2006. While the Unleashed 7" line is not being offered to retailers in the spring, there are plans to return the line to retail for Fall 2006 (including the three figures mentioned) alongside the Unleashed 2" Battle Packs."

So, not cancelled, just delayed for a while... congrats to everyone who complaioned to Hasbro, I guess they do listen to us once in a while!   ;)

Well Im glad for this, I hope they actually keep their word and keep the line going next year.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 8, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I still don't regret dumping my collection.  I kept a couple pieces I liked.  I just didn't want to pay the asking prices for Yoda, Boba Fett and unmasked Vader. 

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 8, 2005, 04:43 PM »
GOod news they're delayed and not cancelled..now Hasbro better not jock up the price and make them Kmart exclusives  ::)
« Last Edit: September 8, 2005, 04:44 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 8, 2005, 05:07 PM »
It's good to hear that the line is possibly coming back in the fall of 2006, to say the least.  I'm not getting all excited until packaged prototypes of the fall '06 figures "magically appear on Ebay" from the backs of trucks in China.  ;)

I would like to say, however, that I hope the Chewie does NOT get released, as it has disaster written all over it.  The first version wasn't necessarily a quick seller, and if, going by the implications, it is Hasbro's intent to "reboot" the line next fall, either as an open market  offering or as an exclusive line, rereleasing Chewie could be a really bad move, since initial case assortments practically always ship in higher amounts than the ones that follow.

First and foremost, my wishes for a rebooted line (really putting the cart before the horse here) is that Hasbro reduces their bottom line and rereleases some of the more pricey and/or (I hate this word) rare pieces.  Boba Fett, Unmasked Vader, and Yoda are (AFAIK) the three most expensive pieces to obtain, so those should be the first three on the rerelease slate, in my opinion, although I'm sure that someone will shoot that down.

Also, QUI-GON JINN.  QUI-GON JINN.  QUI-GON JINN.  Please and thank you, Hasbro.  ;)

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 8, 2005, 05:25 PM »
All I hope is that they don't change the packaging.  I HATED the first ones that came out so much that I didn't buy a single one.  It looks odd when you have a collection with 3 different display cards. But...then again for people that open them, it doesn't matter. ::)

THANK-YOU HASBRO!!!
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 8, 2005, 07:48 PM »
NOT CANCELLED!

Bah!  Yay, much better! 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #838 on: September 17, 2005, 06:16 AM »
Hey, does anyone who lucked out on the last wave of Unleashed (Stormtrooper/IG-88/Aurra Sing) still have the little mini Twilek Bodyguard (and card) that came with it?  If so, do you guys want them, or could you spare them to a dork that actually collects those minis?  LMK!  Thanks...

- Matt

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Hey, does anyone who lucked out on the last wave of Unleashed (Stormtrooper/IG-88/Aurra Sing) still have the little mini Twilek Bodyguard (and card) that came with it?  If so, do you guys want them, or could you spare them to a dork that actually collects those minis?  LMK!  Thanks...

- Matt

I think I've got one of those, Matt.  Let me dig around for it today -- if I find it, it's yours!

-Steve