Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149968 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1080 on: October 12, 2006, 06:09 AM »
My local Target has already put the Boba and Grievous on clearance for $9, probably to make room for the Snowspeeder and the Fisto Fighter.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1081 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that Targets are already clearancing the Unleashed repacks? My local Target has them on clearance for $10 already, the Fetts are long gone of course.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 06:30 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 12, 2006, 12:03 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Targets are already clearancing the Unleashed repacks? My local Target has them on clearance for $10 already, the Fetts are long gone of course.

I saw this same thing at a Target near me. They're down to $13.28 so far here in SoCal.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 12, 2006, 11:58 PM »
We're in 13.28 mode here on the east coast, too.  Tons of Grievii and a few Fetts.  Also, even though it's not related, the "Lava Titanium Vader" figures were down to 10 something (that was really fast).

Target also set up an endcap with the "new" Battle Packs, the Kit Fisto Snot Rocket, and a huge empty shelf for the Snowspeeder.  A few of the first, a veritable ****load of the second (and by "**** load" I mean a load of ****), and none of the third.  You know what that means? 

SHIP MORE KIT FISTO SNOT ROCKETS HASBRO!   ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1084 on: October 13, 2006, 03:21 AM »
Yeah, saw these bumped down to $13 and change out here today as well.  Damn, that was fast!  These things only hit about a month and a half ago.  Think Target (and WM) are regretting their decisions to pick these turds up?  :P

Fine by me on the clearance though, since I needed the Fett still, and $20 per made me want to vomit.  Get it down to $5 or $10, and I'll be one happy MF.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1085 on: October 13, 2006, 08:11 AM »
This is from today's R2DToys Newsletter:

BRAND NEW UNLEASHED for 2007!!

Anakin Skywalker Unleashed New US Box!
Obi-Wan Kenobi Unleashed New US Box!
Shadow Trooper Unleashed New US Box!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 15, 2006, 03:28 PM »
This is from today's R2DToys Newsletter:

BRAND NEW UNLEASHED for 2007!!

Anakin Skywalker Unleashed New US Box!
Obi-Wan Kenobi Unleashed New US Box!
Shadow Trooper Unleashed New US Box!

Great!  More figures that were eventually clearanced at rock bottom prices and a character from the Expanded Universe, back in fancy packaging and at a 30% higher price!  This is sure to succeed!  This has genius written all over it!  Sign me up for 10 of each!  ::)

Seriously, why don't they just reissue Asaaj Ventress in the tube packaging at this point and get it over with?  They still have a mountain of extremely HTF and "arm and a leg" figures (RH Vader, Yoda, Han Solo, Stormtrooper, IG-88, etc) but they continue to rehash figures that weren't even that hard to find in the first place (Boba Fett excepted).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55 AM »
It's almost like they want the line to fail.   Anakin and Obi Wan?  Tell me these aren't the ROTS versions...

Shadow Trooper?  Let me guess, the HTF stormtrooper (we'd be more than happy with a simple re-release) painted black.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:55 AM by ruiner »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 16, 2006, 11:29 AM »
That's exactly what I was thinking - repacked Anakin and Obi-Wan, and a repainted Stormtrooper/Han Stormtrooper for the Shadow Trooper.  Either that, or its mis-typed and its a re-release of the Shocktrooper or something, but that might not be likely since it was fairly recently at Wal-Mart.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37 AM »
It's almost like they want the line to fail.   Anakin and Obi Wan?  Tell me these aren't the ROTS versions...

Well if you're having a hard time finding them, there's some on the shelves around here ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 28, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Well, I suppose it's good news that they're continuing in some format, even if they will just be more re-issues. However, from the sounds of Hasbro's answer I'm thinking the Anakin/Obi-Wan/ShadowTrooper may not just be rumors after all (Twist with Stormtrooper = ShadowTrooper), so I'm not thrilled. I already have both Anakins and both Obi-Wans, so there's no excitement there, and I'd much rather have the existing Stormie than a Shadow version. :-\
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:56 AM by starwax137 »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 31, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Agreed.  If they listened to the collectors (see the Capture of Tantive IV thread), we'd be a lot happier and therefore, buy more ****.  In both instances, we're actually making their jobs EASIER!

Let's just hope they fix the ROTS Obi Wan from doing this:

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 1, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Hey everyone!
At this point, with the rumor-mill leaning more towards repacks of the Unleashed series, I'm a little disgusted.   I've been a fan of the line since the beginning and have a complete set- I totally understand the coolness of bringing some of the harder to find and cooler pieces back (rem. helmet vader, stormtrooper etc...) but if there aren't any new ones I'm going to be sick.

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 14, 2006, 12:53 PM »
With this question in the latest batch of Q and A's, it doesn't give me a lot more hope on the future of this line:

The "re-release" of the 7" Unleashed has not gone well (at least  from what I see here and read on the fansites), Both Wal-Mart and Target have "red-tagged" these down to under $5 and yet they still  sit. Even the resculpts at Wal-Mart sat around for long time. Is it safe to say these are done and only the smaller line will continue? (YN, 11/10/06)

There will be another wave slated for WM in Spring. One of the things we were trying to accomplish with this line is find an additional audience for the figures over and above the collectors who got these the first time around, since the (first) audience didn't get us to where we needed to be to continue the line. After spring, we'll take a look at the program and see if there are future opportunities for Unleashed 7", looking at the volume we released, sell-through rates, etc..

To me it sounds like there will be another wave of Wal-mart exclusive repacks, possibly the rumored Obi-Wan/Anakin/Shadowtrooper wave, and then they are going to re-assess things.  I have a hard time believing those will be shooting off the shelves - aside from the trooper possibly - so this might be the final nail in the Unleashed coffin.  I guess its one less thing to collect, but I sure did like this line when we got new figures :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 14, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Self imposed nail by Hasbro.  Hey, let's stem the interest in the line by killing it first and really annoy the collectors by calling a different line Unleashed.  Yeah, that'll work.  Then we'll re-release one hard to find figure and two pieces of crap.  Then we'll do some rehashes because everyone loves rehashes, that's something we're sure of

They didn't charge enough money to cover their margins on this line.  So they killed it off, faced a collector revolt and then made the releases sell poorly so they could justify killing it off completely.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.