Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149950 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1110 on: December 12, 2006, 09:27 PM »
It's the "Intentional Destruction of the 7" Unleashed Collection!", well, Collection!  Following the forced demise of the 7" Unleashed assortment in 2005 due to Hasbro's unwillingness to create new sculpts and entertain the idea of a direct market only approach, fans cried foul and begged us to bring the Unleashed line back from the ashes!  So, now, for the 30th Anniversary of the films, we have listened and have brought back some of the best and most requested pieces as overpriced exclusives in fancy packaging whose only purpose is for us to use as a scapegoat when they inevitably tank!

You've already seen the first wave of reissues hit prices you normally only see at Big Lots with the fall of 2006 Target Exclusive General Grievous, and the Wal-Mart exclusive Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader figures!  Now, we can finally reveal our plans for 2007...

Wave One will include the much appreciated Anakin and Obi-Wan figures from Revenge of the Sith that you can't find at retail prices anymore (because they're usually much less)!  Even though these figures are great, we realized that 18 months of pegwarming in some locations wasn't enough, so we've brought them back, in new packaging and at a higher price, just for the fans!  Wave One also includes the much requested Stormtrooper, which was short-shipped in a single case assortment in the final pre-ROTS cases of 2005, and that has rapidly become one of the most valuable pieces on the secondary market!  But, since we know a very small minority of fans have this piece already, we wanted to really embrace the full collector base and repaint it, so that way, the people who have the original Stormtrooper would still buy it, and the people who didn't live in a Target parking lot in March 2005 would finally get a Stormtrooper too!

Wave Two will include more fan-requests, including the highly popular Yoda vs. Sidious set (the Yoda from 2003 is so pricey and sought-after that we're going one better by including the 2005 ROTS "vs" set so you get TWO figures for the original price of that one Yoda!  Aren't you lucky?!?!), the most valuable figure on the secondary market, the Bespin Duel Darth Vader (we lost the mold to the RH version but we think this one is still a quality figure that not everyone in Bum**** has had 20 chances to get at retail), AND we will be rounding out the year with the 2004/2006 Chewbacca with a brand new welding tool accessory and Millennium Falcon floor panel to hold in his other hand, complete with a new "white lump of dirt" base!

At Hasbro, we always listen to what the fans want, and this assortment is proof that we only half-listen at best.

(I'm sorry, but I had to dig out the old Hasbro rep personality one more time....)  ;D

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 12, 2006, 09:48 PM »
 :PI just want A QUI-GON to go with my Jedi I'm using an epic force one and it doesn't go with the flow :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I'm not much into the unleashed, but I do think it stinks for you guys who are that you're getting rehashes lately.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 13, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Anyone that's been denying that Hasbro has been intentionally making the line fail no longer has any excuse. They looked at all the figures they could put out that we would buy, and went with the two poorest-selling figures the line has ever seen instead. I'm getting really sick of this pathetic bull****. >:(

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 14, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Would of loved a Unleashed Qui Gon Jinn sometime.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1115 on: December 14, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Would of loved a Unleashed Qui Gon Jinn sometime.

We wish !

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 14, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Anyone that's been denying that Hasbro has been intentionally making the line fail no longer has any excuse. They looked at all the figures they could put out that we would buy, and went with the two poorest-selling figures the line has ever seen instead. I'm getting really sick of this pathetic bull****. >:(

Yes, this is ridiculous.

Being that next year is the 30th Anniv. - why not bring back Han Solo, Removable Helmet Vader and the Stormtrooper (original release)?

These three guys would sell well to the hard core collectors who missed out on them before along with the casual collectors who enjoy the OT.

Anakin and Obi Wan (ROTS) just make no sense to me...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:58 PM by ruiner »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1117 on: January 6, 2007, 06:28 AM »
I've been pretty surprised at the fact that the WM exclusive Vader and Luke seemed to have sold through relatively quickly.  They were only at the WMs out here for maybe a month, tops, before drying up, and I don't think they even got clearanced out.  Was that the case everywhere, or are they still sitting in some areas, or were these a more limited release than I thought?  Not surprised the Target Fett and Grievous sold through, since they were at 50% off after just a month or so.  Crazy.

But yeah, the future of this line is still looking rather bleak, but maybe Hasbro will have some surprises for us at Toy Fair or SDCC this year.  If not, it doesn't look like this line is going to be making the comeback that Hasbro had suggested it would.  Probably a good thing, since these suckers take up way too much shelf space!

Unfortunately, I'm still lacking that eluzive Meditation Chamber Vader from way back when, so even with the downtime, my lazy ass still hasn't gotten completely caught up with these things...

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 6, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I've seen scores of the Luke and Vaders recently at probably 20+ different Wal-Marts. They've all been marked down to $15.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 6, 2007, 02:35 PM »
I've seen scores of the Luke and Vaders recently at probably 20+ different Wal-Marts. They've all been marked down to $15.

Same here, although no Vaders.  There are 3 Lukes hanging around at 15 bucks, but the tubes are so beaten up that I don't know how long they'll survive to hit 10 bucks. :)  As I don't have a Kay Bee within three hours of where I live, I never did get the BB Vader, and even though it's on the site, the packaging is so fragile that I'm afraid to order it from them.

I'll probably get the Shadow Stormtrooper when he comes out, just for the sake of completion, but I'm still looking for the Jango/Boba Fett and the Meditation Chamber/Unmasked Vader, too.  I knew that the Jango would never get rereleased, but I had held out hope that Hasbro would get the Unmasked Vader back out there.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's kidney selling time!  :'(

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 23, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I found and picked up the Shadow Trooper and both Anakin and Obi-Wan last night.

The store had 5 cases and at first the Toy lady wasn't gonn let me have them, but when she saw how big they were and how little space she had, she let me have all I wanted.

There are 2 troopers and 1 each Anakin and Obi-wan per case. The boxes have dividers so the figures don't rub each other and are reinforced at the corners. There's also a cardboard piece above and below the figs, probably to protect them from damage. Each tube has a layer of plastic wrap surrounding it, to protect it from scratches, that's not immediately noticeble, and easy to pull off. They definitely had collectors in mind when the thought of these.

I was never really into Unleashed during the Cardback years, but I really like the way they're presented in the tubes. As a result these are my first Anakin and Obi-Wans. The shadow Trooper is pretty awesome, my only complaint is they chose not to pose the blaster trails in any way but just secured them to the bottom, which makes the scene a little odd.

Any way, good stuff, go get 'em! :D
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1121 on: February 23, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Well considering it's probably the last hurrah... I hope I find the Stormy soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 27, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I saw the newest WM exclusive wave this morning, and had the Shadow Trooper in my cart before putting it back.  I'm wondering if I'll regret that or not.  I really like the Unleashed line, but it really seems like its going away, and I just couldn't drop $20 on a repaint when I'm buying so much other stuff this year in the basic line alone.  I'll be back sometime later this week, and if there are still some there, I'll give it some thought again.  I'm guessing the Anakins and Obi-Wans will be sitting for awhile.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 27, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Found the Shadow Stormtrooper this morning at one of the local WMs.  There were 8 SSTs and 4 each of Anakin and Obi-Wan on an endcap for 19.76.  They must have just put them out (or their location on the opposite side of the toy department from the regular SW section hid them) as I pretty much had my pick of the litter.  Most of them still had those saran wrap coverings on them, too, which I guess will give everyone who wants a MIP version a better shot at one.

Thanks to this find and the extreme generosity of a fellow board member (thank you again Ryan!), I now only lack the Maltese Falcon, the Holy Grail, the Unmasked Darth Vader of the Unleashed line itself, the...um...Unmasked Darth Vader to complete my collection.  I wouldn't mind a MIP Best Buy/Kay Bee Vader as well, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon, since there's not a Kay Bee anywhere near me and I don't trust the USPS enough to order one.

As for the Unmasked Vader, though: Does anyone know what the going rate for a kidney is these days? :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 28, 2007, 12:31 AM »
That helmetless Vader kills me... I passed that thing in stores at least 5 times saying to myself 'hell, I've already got a vader... who needs another one' - now it's the only one I don't have and it drives me nuts.