Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149978 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1125 on: March 4, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Scored the Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper the other night.  I guess that find was the official last hurrah for my Unleashed collection, unless the rumors of one last piece are true.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 4, 2007, 11:52 AM »
I found it yesterday as well - disappointing that it was $20 for a repainted (third time used) stormtrooper sclupt...

I'd gladly pay $20 each for NEW figures though.

Disappointing to pretty much announce that it's coming back only to have it end this way.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 4, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Hear,Hear,I love the 7" line I have all of them.I wished they do some more.It figures they do something that's cool,and find a way to kill
it :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 4, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Even though we're only a week into these around here, the Obi-Wans and Anakins are emulating the 2005 release and keeping the shelves free of dust by running inteference with their tubular selves.  It's a shame, actually, since those two are my absolute favorite Unleashed pieces when combined (I still have them on display on my living room endtable), but a good choice to reissue they aren't.

I can see it now: "We realized that there was a great fan demand for the 7" Unleashed line to continue, however, poor sales numbers make it economically unfeasible to continue production at this scale."

In other words, "We made some ****** repack choices and since nobody wants them the second time around at a 5 dollar markup, it gives us an excuse to say the line was a failure and not do any more of them."

Yoda, Han Solo, AN ACTUAL Stormtrooper, Unmasked Vader...all would have been great choices to reissue, but instead we get more Anakins and Obi-Wans that can still be found at some out-of-the way retailers in their original incarnations, and a repaint that nobody asked for to begin with. 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 12, 2007, 01:48 AM »
Anyone else having trouble with that Unleashed Black Hole Stormtrooper?

Mine keeps falling over.  I can't believe they raised the price by $5.00 and cheaped out on the plastic at the same time.  Worst unleashed ever.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 18, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Okay, so I got no replies on this... and maybe I'm the only one having this problem.  I checked out my friend's copy the other day, and it is much more rigid than mine.

I'm thinking about returning mine if I can find another one.  This thing is terrible.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05 PM »
maybe I'm the only one having this problem. 

No, you're the only one that has it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:05 PM by ruiner »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1132 on: March 19, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I just opened mine this weekend and really didn't have a problem. Not sure if there was a running change.

Also...

Finally nailed a Darth Maul...

My collection is now complete ! ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 29, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Was pumped up at seeing a new unleashed show up in the Hasbro Panel at C4.
I can't remember what online site they were saying was going to have it as it's exclusive..was it Diamond or somebody?

Regardless, even though it looked like the same damn clone mold used again except with a new helmet and gatling laser, I still would like to pick this up. Any more info on this??

DS   

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1134 on: May 29, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I can't remember what online site they were saying was going to have it as it's exclusive..was it Diamond or somebody?

It is available through Diamond Comics.  That means that it will be sold through their Previews catalog, so anyone who orders from Previews (EE, NewForce, local Comic Shops, etc) should be able to sell this (like the Saga DS Briefing set was).

According to Hasbro, it should hit in September.  Since Previews has a 2-3 month lead time, look for pre-order info in the upcoming month.  We should know more about price and such then...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 29, 2007, 04:40 PM »
thanks Jeff

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 30, 2007, 02:33 AM »
Sheesh, they're really terrified to try any truly 'new' figures with this line, aren't they? :-\

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1137 on: May 30, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Well the recent choices of character and the way they clog shelves in addition to their size really make them wary. If they learned to make the right selections we would see more... But they never learn...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 1, 2007, 03:37 PM »
SWShop is offering the Internet Exclusive Unleashed 7" ARC Heavy Gunner for $24.99 & shipping Aug 31st.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 1, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Yuck.  Repaints, shipping costs, and general price hikes.  This is a bad bad formula for keeping this thing alive.