Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151132 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1140 on: June 1, 2007, 05:32 PM »
SWShop is offering the Internet Exclusive Unleashed 7" ARC Heavy Gunner for $24.99 & shipping Aug 31st.

I'm really glad I got out of these.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 4, 2007, 01:50 AM »
Yuck.  Repaints, shipping costs, and general price hikes.  This is a bad bad formula for keeping this thing alive.

I couldn't have said it better.  They keep teasing us by bringing back a figure or two, only to increase the price or choose unpopular repacks, etc.  Sigh.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 4, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I really like(d) this line, but I'm going to have to pass on this as well.  For a slightly modified figure, $30 once you figure on shipping is just too much.  Unless we start getting all new figures in this line, I think I'm done.  Its too bad though, I really liked the earlier figures we got - but re-releases and repaints aren't enough for me to keep collecting them.  I think the last one I bought was the WM exclusive Han Stormtrooper.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1143 on: June 4, 2007, 10:55 AM »
For a slightly modified figure, $30 once you figure on shipping is just too much. 

Keep in mind that this piece is going to be available through Previews/Diamond Comics, so we will more than likely see lower prices on this than the $25 that SWShop and EE have posted...

Star Wars Shop = $24.99
Entertainment Earth = $24.99

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 4, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Yep! That's what I wait for..thanks Jeff!

DS

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 4, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Jeez, that's what, 66% more than the original price of the Unleashed figures?

Isn't this the fourth version off of this tool?

• AOTC White
  • AOTC Red
  • ROTS Shocktrooper
  • ARC Heavy Gunner

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 4, 2007, 05:40 PM »
At least I get a newly sculpted in skirt, gun and helmet with this one for 9 additional bucks :P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 13, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Jeez, that's what, 66% more than the original price of the Unleashed figures?

Yep, and as time went on, they got progressively less intricate bases, by and large.  Let's look back!

-The 15 dollar price point in 2002-2003 gave us (amongst others) Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker (Geonosis), Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Boba Fett, Han Solo, Yoda, and Darth Vader (Bespin).  Nearly every figure, even if their base was small, had a base that was heavy and solid and, if need be, well constructed and easily assembled.

-The 15 dollar price point in 2004-2005 gave us (amongst others) Aayla Secura's barely there base, Bossk's diminutive base, the hollow base of the Tusken Raider, Chewbacca's green blob, IG-88's bendy base, Aurra Sing's nearly impossible to assemble armature, the complete lack of a base for Sidious and Yoda, and a lot of regular plastic bases that either warp (see Mustafar Obi-Wan's foot) or that are unsecure and do nothing to support the figure (see the Stormtrooper and ROTS Darth Vader).  Granted, the figures were still sculpted incredibly well and some figures did come with very well executed bases (see the Clone Trooper), but by and large, the quality of the sculpting was years beyond the quality of the materials.

-The 20 dollar price point in 2006 and 2007 gave us seven straight rereleases in fancy packaging (Boba Fett, Grievous, Jedi Luke, Bespin Vader, Best Buy Vader, Mustafar Anakin, and Mustafar Obi-Wan) and one repaint of a figure nobody could find to begin with done in an even lower-quality plastic (the Shadow Stormtrooper).

-Now, apparently, the 25 dollar price point will give us the fourth use of a particular figure mold, the third use of a particular base mold, and minimal tooling of a "new" head and skirt with a weapon the character didn't even have to begin with.  And we don't even know what kind of packaging it's going to come in yet, meaning that even the overpriced tube could fall by the wayside as well.

Let's hear it for unreasonable inflation!  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 9, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Now that it appears Hasbro is moving the "Unleashed" name over to Marvel Legends as well, I wonder if there is a possibility of this eventually coming to the Star Wars line.  They started the "Unleashed 360" concept with Spidey 3 characters, which are essentially 8" scale articulated figures.  Now it appears a Marvel Legends version of this line is continuing (same, 8" scale/articulated) next year, starting with a comic version Spidey and Green Goblin.  I wonder if Star Wars figures in this style are that far off now, seeing as the Unleashed line started here.  I also wonder how they would go over with collectors.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 10, 2007, 11:54 PM »
So has anybody picked up the Heavy Gunner, or is everybody beyond disgusted with this line by now?  I'm still planning on picking one up from EE once the Mando sets start shipping.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 11, 2007, 02:17 AM »
Sadly, I've given up on what used to be one of my favourite lines.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1151 on: October 11, 2007, 09:04 AM »
I picked up the Gunner and I am not happy with it... not the way I was hoping to see this line go out...  >:(

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I still haven't picked up the gunner. I may, but I'm just not excited about the character.

It's sad the way the line is/was handled. So much lost potential.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
Unleased Chewbacca
« Reply #1153 on: May 27, 2009, 07:24 PM »
The unleased Chewbacca is a nice one... picked it up the other day at my comic book shop. Personaly i think Ventress or Grevoius are nice finds they had those two there but i didnt have enof money at the time. But my real question is... what is the most popular unleased figure on this forum. If you no what im talking about please id enjoy your input.
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 15, 2010, 12:41 AM »
RS has reported a poster being found at K-Mart that included art from many of the Unleashed cardbacks

If anyone can help me track one down, I'd be VERY grateful!