Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150012 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2003, 09:48 AM »
I just received my Unleashed from Kebco yesterday, and got them opened up last night.  I really think these figures are amazing.  All three have tremendous sculpts, and I just think this whole line looks really nice on display.  It makes me want to go back and pick up some of the ones I missed (specifically Vader).  If you haven't gotten these, you might want to look into it...they are very well done.  I really hope this line continues...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2003, 10:41 AM »
Boba is my favorite of the three and probably in the top three overall behind Luke and Vader.

The other two are good also.  The only problem I have is with Yoda.  His clear "swoosh"  don't snap together that well and the piece that connects with the floor and the corner of the wall is loose as a result.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2003, 10:51 AM »
Mine are still carded just like all the other Unleashed figures I have.  Has anyone here had a problem finding Princess Leia by chance?  I was lucky enough that my wife found me one when she first came out, but I've personally never seen them in stores.  One of my friends has been searching for her long and hard, and said she is selling for over $100 on eBay!   :o  Can you believe that crap?  I have every single Unleashed figure.   ;D
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2003, 11:37 AM »
I entered the Unleashed series late in the game (didn't like the first wave and passed until I started seeing better sculpts) and hence, missed Leia altogether.
I did order her for a "reward" from my Star Wars mastercard only to be emailed a month later stating they never received their order so it was unavailable.  Nice  :-\

Now I'm playing the maddening "catch up" on this series and she is the elusive piece.  I've never seen her on Ebay for over $100, usually $40-50 (but I haven't checked lately).  I like the piece, just not enough to fork over more than retail (and since I am an opener, paying even more for one on the card is not for me).  I'm wondering if that particular wave (with removable helmet Vader) had a lower production run...there sure seems to be a larger demand for these two figures.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2003, 11:44 AM »
I have them all except for the redux Vader with RH.  Didn't make even the slightest amount of sense to me.  

Leia?  $100?  Damn chuckles, tell me you didn't open her up yet. :o  Just kidding, send her up before you decide to sell her on me.  

Still, how to explain THAT figure to the missus ???

well you see honey, this is from one of them there cut scenes.  yeah, it happens in Jabba's back room when Leia shows her early training as a...a....well...yeah.  yes. yes dear.  you're right.  she does look like a stripper (shuffle nervously, kick carpet...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2003, 12:30 PM »

Still, how to explain THAT figure to the missus ???

well you see honey, this is from one of them there cut scenes.  yeah, it happens in Jabba's back room when Leia shows her early training as a...a....well...yeah.  yes. yes dear.  you're right.  she does look like a stripper (shuffle nervously, kick carpet...

Hahaha...you let me know if Mrs. Bug doesn't approve and I'll help you out by taking her off your hands.  (Mr. Jadesfire won't have any problem at all with slave Leia on the shelf  ;) ).
Beth

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2003, 12:46 PM »
Leia?  $100?  Damn chuckles, tell me you didn't open her up yet. :o  Just kidding, send her up before you decide to sell her on me.  

Nope. Not opened. She is still MOMC just like mine.  ;D   Maybe I'll get her sent up in the next package.  

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2003, 10:58 AM »
Hasbro just announced the next wave of Unleashed figures:  Chewbacca ;D, Luke-Hoth and Clonetrooper!!
Can't wait to see the pictures that should be posted in a few weeks.  
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2003, 11:11 AM »
Hasbro just announced the next wave of Unleashed figures:  Chewbacca ;D, Luke-Hoth and Clonetrooper!!
Can't wait to see the pictures that should be posted in a few weeks.  

A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! !    ;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2003, 11:16 AM »
Chew, Chew, Chew, Chewy!  ;D   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2003, 11:34 AM »
Why is it always clone trooper before stormtrooper ??? :-\  The former was inevitable, but I thought the latter would be more popular?  

Chewie?  Cool ;D  Same pose as the 25th anniversary two pack or will it be him running through the hallways of the death star howling as he and Han chase stormtroopers?  Maybe a Bespin Chewie with 3PO bits?

Hoth Luke?  Hmm, any way they can do this figure hanging upside down from an ice block, reaching for his light saber?  That would be mighty awesome.  Or will it be Hoth Luke in his flight suit hanging from the bottom of the AT-AT slashing open the hatch with his saber?  

These figures have yet to dissappoint me, so I am indeed very curious.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2003, 12:00 PM »
I'm really glad that those rumors turned out to be true.  Chewie was one of the main ones I really hoped they would make, especially before the line ends (when/if it does).  I'm interested to see what they do with Luke Hoth and the Clonetrooper as well.  Great news!  Wish there was some pictures, but soon I guess :).

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2003, 12:00 PM »
Or could this new Luke be submerged in the Tauntaun's innards?   :P
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 2, 2003, 01:43 PM »
A listing over at Entertainment Earth has wave 7 of Unleashed.  The Luke that's mentioned is a pilot.  Could this be from the Hoth battle?  I would've thought a Hoth Unleashed Luke would be from the Wampa cave.

As for wave 6, my set is currently en route.  Can't wait to open these up!  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: October 2, 2003, 01:48 PM »
X-Wing Luke Unleashed was rumored for a long time, perhaps this is a Snowspeeder Luke instead