Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150857 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #345 on: April 8, 2004, 07:12 AM »
I'm not going to go out of my way to find that red one, but if I happen upon it, I'll probably buy it.  

Common sense isn't so common

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Someone in the Michgan forums over at RS stated he found the 'red' one at his local TRU.  I want one but I hope that Hasbro doesn't start making green, blue and yellow also!!

I'm still waiting for any pictures to surface of the new packaging that Leia will be coming in.  I like the way the Emperor and Luke look (but I already have them opened so I won't be getting these).  
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2004, 08:31 PM »
See, that's my problem too.  It's not that I don't want them, it's just that I hate chase figures being made.  WE already complain of scalpers in this hobby, but it's nothing like in McFarlane world.  IMO, scalping SW stuff can make you maybe double money, chase figures lead to 5 and 6x increase, very appealing to make money :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2004, 02:48 AM »
I'm not going to chase a red one either.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Well, my Unleashed finally shipped from kebco.  Took long enough.  Pretty decent wave.  The Luke is sort of blah, but the clonetrooper and Chewie are nice.  Chewie is one hefty figure and towers over the other two like he should.  

Bring on the Bossk!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2004, 01:21 PM »
Picked up all 3 Unleashed today.   ;D  Happy, Happy. Joy, Joy!   ;D

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 16, 2004, 02:34 PM »
i love that new wave!  The Clone is awesome, didn't like him at all at first but the more I fondle him the greater he gets.  Chewie is huge, another one I didn't like at first, but he's great.  Luke is also great, they are all great

Can't wait to see Sandtrooper and the finished Aayla
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 20, 2004, 01:21 PM »
Just a quick question for everyone:  has there been any more indication about whether or not the red trimmed Unleashed Clone Trooper is the real deal?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2004, 01:31 AM »
I have yet to see anyone produce a picture of the Red Clone with an actual receit. Even then, that might be doubtful especially if both the standard clone and the red clone share the same SKU. I need to look on ebay and see what is there. That usually helps to confirm.

I have to say that I have missed out (and it cost me $). I LOVE the unleash line! Enough to wear now I only buy a few of the 3 3/4 line, the ones I really want (I am a non-ocmpletist and opener anyway). I have decided to put away my Ep. I, POTJ, and Saga 3 3/4 figures and just put out my unleash figures for Star Wars. They are a great compliment to my LOTR figures in terms of size and detail.

A question I have IF you could only collect one, unleash or 3 3/4 which would it be and why? For me it is unleash cause of the detail, and because it is a display figure. I feel that is becoming more important then the 3 3/4 that look like a left out toy from my son.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 27, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Finally scored a clone trooper, so I'm back to caught up.  

To answer your question, TheBlackDog65, I would probably opt for the 3 3/4 line because of variety and displayability due to size.  The unleashed are spectacular but they are like McFarlane stuff in that they require almost too much space.  Infinitely higher quality, much more statue like no doubt, but I like the little guys.  I'll just opt for both.  LOTR is my punishment in that I don't collect that line.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2004, 02:01 PM »
I have yet to see anyone produce a picture of the Red Clone with an actual receit. Even then, that might be doubtful especially if both the standard clone and the red clone share the same SKU. I need to look on ebay and see what is there. That usually helps to confirm.

Well, I've seen THREE reports now that these have hit retail.  All were located in central USA (2 in Kentucky/1 in Tennessee) and all three were found at Wal-Mart....

According to those who have found one, the case =
1x Luke Hoth Pilot
2x Chewbacca
3x Red Clone

They are even starting to hit eBay too:
Star Wars Unleashed Clone Trooper RED VARIANT

It's worth it to note that this auction is from a guy in Tennessee too.  Maybe only the those two states are getting this figure? :)

It's looking like the Red Captain Clone Unleashed may be the real deal...

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 02:09 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 1, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, the Red Clone Trooper is popping up on eBay. Going for anywhere from $40 - $55.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 3, 2004, 11:15 AM »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 3, 2004, 01:03 PM »
That price is insane.  I just picked up one today at Walmart for $14.88 plus tax.  

Now bring on Slave Leia and my collection will be complete :)
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 3, 2004, 01:26 PM »
That price is insane.  I just picked up one today at Walmart for $14.88 plus tax.  

You picked up the Red Clone!   8)  I don't think we will ever see it up here.  :'(  If you find another, you know were I am.  ;)