Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150007 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #435 on: August 9, 2004, 12:44 PM »
No fan of PT stuff?  No longer want bounty hunters?  Blast effects on stormtrooper look stupid?  Please, tell me why.  

Space is a huge issue.  ONly problem for me is that I couldn't decide what to get rid of if I did.  I like the PT stuff, almost more than the OT stuff.  Bigger fan of OT, but many of the sculpts are better, IMO, for PT.  Also a big of size consistency lacking in OT , where PT (aside from some huge ass clonetroopers) seems to be much more consistent.  In OT, Chewie, Han, Vader and Luke snowtrooper are pretty consistent and relative in size.  Jedi Luke is bigger than Vader (???), Palpatine is as tall as Vader and Fett is a monster.  

Not sure where to go from here.  With the potential for all the bounty hunters to come out, I may or may not pick up Bossk, but that would entail getting IG-88 and the remaining BH when they come out.  Aayla is interesting, but....  Tusken is cool and OT to boot, but do I really need it?  Stormtrooper is a no brainer.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Courtesy of Galactic Hunter, Aurra Sing Unleashed

This line keeps getting better and better.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Wow, she sure looks sweet!  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Yeah, that Aurra Sing does look pretty cool.  I've been going OT-only with these, but I can kind of see what Brent (I believe) was saying the other day...many of the prequel ones look to be the best of the line.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2004, 10:41 PM »
Check out some more of Aurra Sing here
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2004, 04:53 PM »
I forgot to mention that I saw the Aayla and Tusken Raider last week (no Bossk), in a local collecting shop, which just so happens to be immediately next door to a Toys R Us...  Now usually the owners of this collecting shop raid the TRU for their newest SW stuff, so it's possible that's where they got those Unleashed figures.  Haven't heard any reports of them showing up at retail yet though, so maybe that's not the case this time.  Dunno.

They looked pretty damned sweet though.  Sign me up!  Still working on that "collect what I like concept", but I'm sure eventually I'll just screw it all up and get the rest of the OT ones.  The challenge is whether I can only pick up a few of the cool PT ones (Aayla, Aurra).  I think I'll be able to...

One question is:  Do you Unleashed collectors consider the Darth Sidious figure to be PT, or OT?  I know it's name is PT, but the figure itself, with the lightning and all, is definitely OT...  What say you?  I say OT, with a goof on the name (or just jumping the gun on the name, if you will...)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2004, 05:44 PM »
One question is:  Do you Unleashed collectors consider the Darth Sidious figure to be PT, or OT?  I know it's name is PT, but the figure itself, with the lightning and all, is definitely OT...  What say you?  I say OT, with a goof on the name (or just jumping the gun on the name, if you will...)

Since I open mine and toss the packaging, he's OT all the way.
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2004, 11:57 PM »
OMGCNFO.com has Bossk, Aayla and Tusken for $48 shipped which is a pretty good deal

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 19, 2004, 07:52 AM »
Thanks Scott.  Just ordered.  Great deal and saves me the trouble of tracking them down in the store.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #444 on: August 19, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Don't forget to eventually LMK if you're still gonna need that Red Clonetrooper, or not, Mikey!   ;)

Took another gander at the Aayla and Tusken yesterday.  Very cool looking.  Anxiously awaiting this wave!   8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 19, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Don't forget to eventually LMK if you're still gonna need that Red Clonetrooper, or not, Mikey!   ;)

Took another gander at the Aayla and Tusken yesterday.  Very cool looking.  Anxiously awaiting this wave!   8)

Still haven't seen him yet, but the Targets around are slow to reset and stock new stuff.  Will definitely let you know if I need him.  Thanks.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 19, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Anyone here order the new Unleashed assortment (Bossk, Aayla & Tusken) from Newforce?  Just trying to judge when my case might show up.  Thanks!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2004, 08:17 AM »
Got my order from OMGCFO.com on Friday, two days after I ordered them.  Great service.  Definitely ordering from them again.

Bossk and Tusken Raider are awesome.  The TR comes with an alternate arm holding a rifle, something I didn't know about.  Aayla looks a little weird in the face.  My least favorite of the bunch.

Bring on the Stormtrooper, IG-88 and Aurra.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #448 on: August 23, 2004, 09:06 AM »
I got mine too!  I just took a gander at Bossk and he looks amazing, thinking I may ditch my prequel figs and just do OT on Unleashed, although Dooku is still one of my favorites

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2004, 01:04 PM »
crap...I read this thread way too late and now the figures are out of stock.  Now I am at the mercy of Target and Walmart (again :P).

So Mikey or Scott, any pictures?  I am curious to know what's up with Aayla's face. 
Beth