Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151769 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #450 on: August 23, 2004, 02:19 PM »
No pics sorry :-[  Maybe later this week ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 23, 2004, 02:22 PM »
crap...I read this thread way too late and now the figures are out of stock.  Now I am at the mercy of Target and Walmart (again :P).

So Mikey or Scott, any pictures?  I am curious to know what's up with Aayla's face. 

No pics, (maybe Scott can help?) but I'll try to describe it.  She isn't entirely blue, she has pink highlights throughout.  It doesn't look bad on her body, but the on the face it looks a little weird.  Plus the sculpting on the face looks a little off.  Don't get me wrong, I like the figure, it's just the least fav out of the bunch.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #452 on: August 23, 2004, 03:00 PM »
I just think her and Aurra are stupid choices for this line, if not for their "assets" we wouldn't be seeing a sniff of them.  I'd much rather have the ESB Bounty Hunters

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2004, 01:16 AM »
I found Bossk, Aayla, and the Tusken Raider Unleashed figures at a couple Target stores tonight!  I agree with the comments on Aayla's face, unfortunately.  It's got pink splotches on it, and doesn't really look all that hot.   :-\  The rest of her still looks great though.  Might be a case where if you look at enough of them in the stores, you can find one where her face doesn't have as much pink on it, so it doesn't look so bad.  I remember doing that with the Saga "liver spotted" Palpy figure, and wound up finding a real nice one, with little spotting at all.  Hopefully the same will hold true for Aayla here.

The Bossk and Tusken look badass though!  I'm starting to realize I've got some catching up to do with these now...  Vader(s), Boba Fett, Han, Emperor...  Ugh.

SilverZ

« Reply #454 on: August 24, 2004, 01:30 AM »
I found Bossk, Aayla, and the Tusken Raider Unleashed figures at a couple Target stores tonight! 

And suddenly Tuesday's agenda comes into focus. How were quantities?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #455 on: August 24, 2004, 02:07 AM »
Just goes to show that I don't keep up with Unleashed...  You posted on those on the front page matt and a week ago + those arrived out here.  One of those odd times something shows here first I guess.

I need to pay more attention to what's not out I guess.  :(

I want a Bossk though.  He's nifty.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #456 on: August 24, 2004, 03:37 AM »
And suddenly Tuesday's agenda comes into focus. How were quantities?

Not much.  2 Aaylas and 2 Tuskens at one Target (nabbed 'em both), and one lone Bossk at the next Target.  Strange...

Sounds like they've been hitting Walmarts on the East Coast too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2004, 01:04 PM »
I just think her and Aurra are stupid choices for this line, if not for their "assets" we wouldn't be seeing a sniff of them.  I'd much rather have the ESB Bounty Hunters
Fanboy fodder.  Still haven't opened up Leia.  Leia, at least, was a major character. 

Not much doubt I'll pick these up, but were I to skip some, these would be they...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 2, 2004, 09:17 AM »
Happened to find the latest Unleashed wave at Target yesterday, and picked up the Tusken and Bossk.  They had 1 Aayla too, but I'm really doing my best to stick to OT on these, to save on $ and space.  Some of the prequel ones are pretty spiffy though.  I noticed, at least with the ones I found, that the cards seem to be fairly beat up.  Not that I leave them carded, but I am hoping to use the cardbacks in a display later on, so I was looking for ones in somewhat decent shape.  Oh well, not too bad.  Speaking of cardbacks, anyone have an extra repackaged Jedi Luke cardback (the one with the spiffy art they have now) that they don't want?  I had hoped to use these new cardbacks behind the figures or something when I get a proper display going, but I bought the Jedi Luke originally, and is the only one I have with the old style cardback.  I might just have to break down and buy another one if it comes to that, I think our TRU still have several.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #459 on: September 5, 2004, 06:50 PM »
I picked up an Unleashed Tusken today. Man this guy is just beautiful.  :-* Now where's my Unleashed Ewok?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 5, 2004, 09:10 PM »
I picked up an Unleashed Tusken today. Man this guy is just beautiful.  :-* Now where's my Unleashed Ewok?

::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #461 on: September 8, 2004, 10:51 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 8, 2004, 11:05 AM »
Some bigger pics at the Official Site.  Looking forward to the Stormie:

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #463 on: September 8, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Stormy looks pretty nice (still don't know about the jaw piece), but for lack of space I'll probably hold off on this one.

What I want to see:

• Unleashed Ewok
  • Unleashed Leia as Boussh (interchangable heads)
  • Unleashed Wampa

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 8, 2004, 03:54 PM »
I'll pick up the stormie and IG-88 but Aurra does nothing for me so I will be passing on that one.  I want my Qui-Gon and will take a Zam also please....
Beth