Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150874 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #495 on: January 7, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I like them all.  Even Mr. OT only MacDaddy has a Padme, but I think that's only for her perky nipples.

[ears perk up] Did someone say nipples?  Perhaps this should be in the Top 5 Hotties thread? [...]   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #496 on: January 7, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Even Mr. OT only MacDaddy has a Padme, but I think that's only for her perky nipples.

Hey!   >:(  Give me a little more credit than that Mikey.  She's got total camel-toe goin' on as well...  Sheesh!   ::)

Seriously though, I've got MisterPL whippin' me up a piece of artwork with the sexy ladies of Star Wars, and I thought I'd put the corresponding Unleashed ladies next to that illustration (Arena Padme, Slave Leia, Aayla & Mara).  Just need an Unleashed Mara now.  That's gonna be a little tricky...   :P

Fanboy, indeed.   :-[
« Last Edit: January 7, 2005, 03:26 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Well, I broke my "OT only" rule with these this weekend (well, I did have the Yoda already I guess), when I picked up the Mace Windu figure.  I have heard that many people were happy with it, and I had some Christmas gift card money to use, so I decided to pick him up.  Plus, when it rang up, it was only $11, bonus :).  I'm considering the Dooku now as well, since they had several of him there too.  I know that I'll probably end up wanting to get Anakin/Obi-Wan from ROTS, so it might be nice to have a few others from the PT.  Considering the Clone one as well now, I should have never started :P.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Ain't that always the way? 

I think you'll be happy with them though.  I'll reiterate what I've said a bunch of times: as a group, I think the PT Unleashed are better than the OT.  The OT always has the love, but I think the poses and execution of the PT are better.  Dooku, Windu, Anakin are all fantastic.  Obi is perhaps my least favorite, but it's still good.  I think that's only because I want an OT Obi-Wan unleashed.  I still think they should make a two pack, Obi/Vader Duel. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I've been trying to figure out what to do with these.  I've given thoughts to selling them all as a lot...selling the PT ones...selling select ones

Size and space and wife nagging have become an issue. :-\

While I think they are neat, I should just stick with 3-3/4" and try and squeeze down the focus a little more

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #500 on: January 18, 2005, 11:08 AM »
I've been trying to figure out what to do with these.  I've given thoughts to selling them all as a lot...selling the PT ones...selling select ones

Size and space and wife nagging have become an issue. :-\

While I think they are neat, I should just stick with 3-3/4" and try and squeeze down the focus a little more

Yeah, right around Halloween, I gave up on these too.  I sold off the Han/Chewie/Vader/Leia/Luke unleashed that I had in order to generate a bit of cash and some space.  Just trying to clamp down a bit on focus and space before teh Episode 3 onslaught hits I guess.  :-\

Of course, I immediately blew the cash on more SW stuff (OTC Slave 1/TRU Jedi Scenes 3&4) and I immediately used the shelf space for Kubricks, so I guess I didn't really gain any ground.   ::)

Jeff

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:09 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2005, 11:34 AM »
All mine are still carded in a storage box. Looks like there going to be that way for awhile. I like this line but there big and my place is too small, what to do.  :-\

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2005, 07:15 PM »
I still think they should make a two pack, Obi/Vader Duel. :-\

Two and three packs of unleashed would be awesome. And there are so many possibilities:

Obi/Vader OT
Obi/Anakin Ep3
Luke/Vader ESB
Luke/Vader ROTJ
Obi/QuiGon/Maul Ep1
Yoda/Dooku Ep2
Mace/Jango Ep2

I'm sure there are dozens of others.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 20, 2005, 10:17 AM »
GH has pictures of a Prototype General Grievous Unleashed   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 21, 2005, 08:15 PM »
I'll reiterate what I've said a bunch of times: as a group, I think the PT Unleashed are better than the OT.  The OT always has the love, but I think the poses and execution of the PT are better.  Dooku, Windu, Anakin are all fantastic. 

After opening Windu and Dooku, I've got to say that the PT ones are at least as good as OT.  They are really great poses and damn good likenesses.  As a whole, this line continues to provide enjoyment for me, and it's actually hard to say one is better than the other.  My favourite is probably still Boba Fett, with the Tusken, Yoda, and Dooku and Windu falling closely behind.  I'm going to have to get the rest of them for sure: both Vaders, Maul, Anakin, Jango, Luke Jedi and Padme.   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2005, 12:35 PM »
The Unleashed line was something that, when it began, I really thought would fall flat on its face and it was something that I did not want any part of.  In fact, when there was nothing but a sea of Jangos for the fall of 2002 after the launch, I figured my prediction had come true.

Now, some three years later, I have once again established myself as a total hypocrite and it's probably my second-favorite line of SW stuff, after the regular action figure line.  I picked up the Boba Fett in December 2003 (since hey, it was Boba Fett) and I fell in love with it.  Sidious was next, and after that, it was all downhill.  I haven't gone completist with the line (mainly due to money concerns and the fact that a lot of the older ones, including the Jango, are impossible to find without going to Ebay), but the six that I do have are some of my favorite interpretations of those characters.

That being said, is it just me or have the bases gotten less interesting as the line has gone on?  I mean, nothing can compare to the Boba Fett/Sarlaac base, but I was looking at Bossk in Target the other day and it's basically just a piece of floor that he may or may not even stand on with both feet.  Weird weird weird.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2005, 02:51 PM »
That being said, is it just me or have the bases gotten less interesting as the line has gone on?  I mean, nothing can compare to the Boba Fett/Sarlaac base, but I was looking at Bossk in Target the other day and it's basically just a piece of floor that he may or may not even stand on with both feet.  Weird weird weird.

I think the base of the Unleashed Boba Fett is one of the reasons that it is the best one of the series.  The base is more than just background, it's really an integral part of the display, telling the story of when he escaped the Sarlaac.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2005, 11:15 PM »
The Unleashed line was something that, when it began, I really thought would fall flat on its face and it was something that I did not want any part of.  In fact, when there was nothing but a sea of Jangos for the fall of 2002 after the launch, I figured my prediction had come true.

I think your prediction was pretty accurate for the time.  The line was flat.  They sold out quickly here (Maul and Jango) but we only ever saw a single shipment at TRU.  I think it was pretty clear that the first few choices were not that well received.  Ballet Maul and Jango were interesting enough characters, but both died dude.  Classic, but not classic.  I'm not sure why the line caught on, but I only got into it because I found Vader, Padme and Anakin for $5 each, so what the heck.  And they looked infinitely better loose than carded, which is the point where I got hooked.  More OT combined with infinitely nicer cards probably went a long way to kick starting the line. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2005, 05:19 PM »
And they looked infinitely better loose than carded, which is the point where I got hooked. 

Very true.  Since I'm a carded guy with the 3 3/4" line, I really enjoy tearing into these, I guess as a change of pace for my collecting habits.  They look so much better when they are fully assembled - you just can't appreciate them otherwise in their carded form.

More OT combined with infinitely nicer cards probably went a long way to kick starting the line. 

The cards are an incredible improvement - they really grab your attention when hanging on the pegs at your favourite toystore.  I think the original tacky design as part of the reason I was uninterested for the first while - again, as a carded 3 3/4" guy, the card itself is part of the appeal of a purchase.  Of course, now that I've opened a few of these, nothing can hold me back.   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I really hated these things at first too.  It was that damned Slave Leia that finally lured me in.   :P

I had only that one for quite a while, but when I saw pix of the Bossk/Tusken/Aayla wave, something just clicked in me and I decided I was finally digging this line and would start nabbing the OT ones (and the Prequel chicks).  No idea why I'm passing on the Prequel guys though.  What all am I missing with those?  Maul, Jango, Mace, and Dooku?  Is that it?  Still hate the first two of those, so I think I'll be able to tentatively stick to my current strategy for now.

Still need the RH Vader and the Boba Fett though, so if anyone ever sees either of those for a decent price (<$20), or is looking to dump theirs, give me a holler!   :-*

Can't wait for the Stormie/IG/Aurra wave!  Looks like it may be dry times after that, as I'm inclined to probably pass on the ROTS one, which I'm assuming will fill up the rest of '05...   :-\