Author Topic: An Opinion on RE Photonovels  (Read 1974 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
An Opinion on RE Photonovels
« on: April 5, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Usually I wouldn't ask a question like this, but after receiving an interesting email from someone named _______ regarding an issue here at JD, I would really like to know if he is a member here?  His email is ____________.  I assume he is a member here and would be interested to know who I am talking to when I receive an email of the nature that I received.  If anyone knows and wants to PM me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Justin

:P

*edited out sender's name and email address since there's no mystery anymore.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 10:47 AM by Rob »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Birchall - anyone know him?
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Nevermind, I just realized who it is.  It is MWB also known as Bill Cosby and also Virex.

Here is an email I received from him regarding the Rykrof Enloe series, where whoever picks a name that will be used will recieve a custom of Rykrof.

To: rykrofenloe@yahoo.com
Subject: Potential Names for Photonovel Series
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:46:47 -0700

"The Poorly-Written, Even-More-Poorly-Photographed, Overly-Hyped,
Seemingly-Neverending, Self-Aggrandizing, Bucket of Garbage That a Lot
of
People at JediDefender Are Sick of Having Shoved in Their Faces Every
Other
Day But Won't Say So Because They're Afraid It's Creator Will Throw a
Big
Fit About It Photonovel"

or

"Jango's Jargon"

Take your pick.

Matt

Is this the way the community here feels about them, or is he just trying to cause more problems?

Thanks,

Justin

*edited out sender's name and email address since there's no mystery anymore.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 10:43 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Birchall
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2006, 10:46 AM »
My first instinct was to lock this one up since it was concerning a personal email and you figured out who it was from or to move it to Customs where photonovels are discussed - but since you're requesting feedback, I just took his last name and email address out, left his screen names in, and will leave it open so you can get whatever feedback you were looking for.

Unfortunately that meant changing the thread's title too - I hope you understand.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 10:54 AM by Rob »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Virex, Bill Cosby
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Might want to go back and do a little more editing Rob.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2006, 11:02 AM »
I understand Rob, and now that I know who it is I guess I don't need the thread even open anymore.  If you want to lock it go ahead.  It was just a rude email sent to me and I wanted to know who it was - seems he's using this as a means of trying to blast me after getting mad at for me for a totally unrelated matter a couple of weeks ago where I believe he was suspended from here for a bit.  Just seems very immature and shows me the kind of person he really is.

Thanks Rob.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Might want to go back and do a little more editing Rob.

You talking about the MWB and the Matt references?  I didn't worry too much about those... email and last name seemed like enough at the time...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2006, 11:09 AM »
I understand Rob, and now that I know who it is I guess I don't need the thread even open anymore.   :P

Okay then. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
To Justin Cook/CHEWIE/rykrofenloe:
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2006, 01:08 PM »
This, I gotta say, is amusing.  I knew last night when I hit the send button that you might be a little upset (who wouldn’t be?), but I never thought that it would lead to a public posting.  Shows me the kind of person you really are.  ;)

Is this the way the community here feels about them, or is he just trying to cause more problems?

I wasn’t trying to cause any more problems here on the boards, if that’s what you mean, and that’s why I sent it through e-mail.  It had nothing to do with JD at all (aside from the one mention, of course), until you decided to bring it over here and make it have something to do with JD.

And yeah, I’ll admit, it was a little caustic, even for me.  In fact, I was considering sending a follow-up apology, even, but the chances of that have been somewhat diminished at this point.

You asked for ideas, and that’s what I gave: my honest ideas on what your photonovel should be called.  No sense in regurgitating them here, as they’ve already been posted.  But it wasn’t as much an attack on you directly or personally, as it was on the photonovels themselves, and beyond that, an attack on the incessant, endless advertising of them.

Does the whole community feel the same way?  Obviously not, because there seems to be at least a dozen or two people who really enjoy them, and that’s fine. 

But yeah, there are others who are just as sick and tired of the constant promoting of them as well, and have told me so, through various means.  Nobody will ever, ever, ever admit to it here on the forums, though, because what would be the point?  It would only serve to open up the biggest, nastiest, most-rotten can of worms, and no good would come of it at all.  They’d all look like ********.  But I already am an *******, so if I look like a little bit bigger of an ******* by saying that I think the photonovels (and the constant hype accompanying them) are garbage, it’s not really a big deal, you know?

I’m not gonna ask for this to be closed.  In fact, I think some open, honest discourse about the photonovels would be really refreshing, actually (however unlikely)—but ultimately I think it would only lead to that big ol’ can of worms I mentioned earlier.  Mods, if you have to lock this, I understand—but I’d ask that this be left up, along with the companion thread, as that would only be fair.

Matt W. Birchall
Mwb1138@msn.com

« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 01:09 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2006, 01:26 PM »
seems he's using this as a means of trying to blast me after getting mad at for me for a totally unrelated matter a couple of weeks ago where I believe he was suspended from here for a bit.  Just seems very immature and shows me the kind of person he really is.

And it seems to me like you are using this thread as a means of trying to blast him after getting mad at for him over this e-mail. 

Which is more immature - his sending you a private e-mail or you posting it here for everyone to see?

As such, this thing is locked up now that Matt has had a chance to respond.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender