Collectibles > Power of the Force 2

Mara Jade - what's she worth?

(1/5) > >>

Mitsukara:
Ah, I come to rant once more on my favorite subject. Actually, not really.

I'm curious, though; eBay tends to overprice most SW figures except the normal POTF2 line and such, it seems. Mara Jade loose has gone for at least $16 every time I watched, and on card at least $20. There's buy-it-now stores that have carded ones for like $40, but that's just bogus.

But after someone else mentioned to me that a store in LA carried the EU figure set and she (maybe all of them were, dunno) was about $17 there. So I'm wondering, is $16-$17 some kind of universal price that's on 99% of Mara Jades these days? Are cheaper ones absolute flukes, or is this figure just in the more vicious part of a price cycle ATM?

I'm just curious. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to make my own custom- someone pointed me to a good head for Mara and the parts combined will probably cost less than the official figure would.

Also, from those who own one, how much do you think the figure is worth? It looks like she's got pretty good sculpting and detailing, and I haven't seen any samples with bad paintjobs; the only problems seem to be that the area where the head meets the neck looks kinda lame like it did on Dagobah Luke, and that she has typical POTF2-style articulation (as most figures did in 1998).

Thanks for any input :) Sorry if this is like 40% of what I talk about here...

Gatillo:
Value is extremely relative.  She was a nice figure for the time, to have but she does not compare to today's articulation wants and standards. 

Still if this is the item you want the most then she is extremely valuable to you and you most decide how far you are willing to go.  I got her for $8 online years and years ago.  Honestly I have no idea of was the average sale value for this figure is but paying more than $20 to $25 for a figure (any figure) kinda makes you a sucker in my book.  After all these are little pieces of plastic, not precious metals. ::)

Then again one's holy grail, well...

Lestat:
I got a loose Mara for 12.00 w/ a BIN on Ebay. You can get her for a relatively decent price if you're vigilant (and an opener). I think she'a a pretty decent figure. She's not all big and bulky like other females in that line, she actually fits pretty well with the newer stuff (despite, of course the  lack of articulation). I thought she was a worthwhile buy.

Darth_Anton:
If you're patient and shop around, you can get a great deal on her. I have seen BIN's on Ebay for all those EU figures for $4-$5 a peice. Some people either don't know anything about them, or don't care.

Ackbar:
I think I paid "$15-ish" for her MOC, on EBay, but that was at least 4-5 years ago.  (might have gotten ripped off, from the sound of it :oops: )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version