Author Topic: Sideshow Feature: Solo or Skywalker Person?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Sideshow Feature: Solo or Skywalker Person?
« on: April 7, 2006, 03:33 PM »
This article was part of the Sideshow newsletter that was in my e-mail today.  Whether you agree with the writer or not, I thought it was kind of an interesting read.  It discusses how the majority of the characters in the saga are tied to Han Solo or the Skywalkers (Luke and Anakin), and how most fans - at their core - are either Solo or Skywalker people.  Just thought I'd pass it along if anyone wanted to read it.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Feature: Solo or Skywalker Person?
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Hmm, in the most basic, he does kind of have a point. And at that, I am probably a very, very Luke person, with Luke being my favorite charachter and Han my second, actually...

He whines and worries and doubts himself, but when he really learns and understands what he's doing, he's good, despite so many opportunities to do worse. He's put in a situation not at all unlike his father was, but he learns from the past and makes a conscious decision to be good no matter what it would cost him, I think. I also just generally like the way he functions as a character, I guess.

At the same time, Han is pretty awesome and loads of fun and stuff. He's cool.

So it's kind of a balance but leans toward Luke, for me.

One of my favorite characters, however, is Grand Admiral Thrawn (though he's an EU-exclusive character)- and he's not in either "camp." He threatens the heroes equally, and there aren't many you can really say that about. I'm pretty fond of him as a character all by himself, though.