Author Topic: Battlefront 3  (Read 20076 times)

Offline iceman

• Youngling
  • Who's Luke's Daddy??
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefront 3 What would you like to see??
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 09:06 PM »
I like the 2 hero scenereo.  give 2 people playing on the same side a chance to play a hero.  As for space hero's, here's a few.  Luke, Lando, Wedge for rebels, add Lando as a hero. Baron Soontir Fel would be kewl for the Empire, and maybe some of the leaders, like Tarkin, Veers ect. Some other things that would be good to see are hero's and villans from from the clone wars like asajj Ventress and Durge and durge's army of IG 88's. 

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 10:57 PM »
What about my other ideas? Like the clone troopers looking more appropriate, bringing back the maps from Battlefront 1 that Battlefront 2 left out, Anakin Skywalker being a playable hero for the Republic, and Luke Skywalker having a harpoon gun on the Hoth level?

I don't really think they would put in General Veers (the imperial General during the Battle of Hoth), nor even put in Grand Moff Tarkin (the imperial officer/governor whose "foul stench" Leia recognized when she was brought on board the Death Star), but I do think there should be two heroes for some of the maps like Polis Massa, Endor, Coruscant, Geonosis, Mos Eisley, Yavin 4, the Tantive 4, Dagobah, Kashyyyk, and Naboo.  For Mustafar, they should really have the emperor be the playable hero for the separatists, not Darth Maul.  They should also really add in what was in the XBOX expansion pack.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:06 PM by 77Skywalker »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 02:50 PM »
What about my other ideas?

It seems this guy isn't gonna rest until someone says they like his ideas.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 12:37 AM »
No.  I just didn't want at all to be the only one who was participating in this part of the forums. I just wanted other users to be participating in this part of the forums too as well.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 05:49 PM »
No worries, 77, just try not to respond to yourself 4 times in a row, anymore. Alot of times, some of us like to sit and think about things before posting a reply to ideas...

Most of us who have posted in this thread have already suggested alot of your ideas, which is another reason why many of us may not have replied.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I got another idea.  Have some alternate costumes for some of the playable characters.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: His regular outfit, regular outfit with cloak, and even his clone trooper armor minus the helmet.

Anakin Skywalker: Regular outfit, Episode 2-style outfit (both with and without cloak), pilot gear, and regular outfit with cloak.

Han Solo: A New Hope gear, Endor Gear, and Hoth Gear.

Princess Leia: Primary A New Hope uniform, bounty hunter disguise minus the helmet, and Endor Gear.

Luke Skywalker: Farmboy outfit, pilot gear, Hoth gear, Bespin gear, Jedi Knight gear (with and without cloak), and Endor gear.

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2006, 02:15 AM »
hmmmm..... obsessed skywalker is, hehe seek answers does he.  has answer I do,  CHILL OUT, SLOW DOWN.

You made 8 posts on this thread in 11 days,  thats too fast.  give people two weeks or more to answer, because as JesseJames said they need to think about their answers okay.  Also this is one of the less frequented sections so don't expect imediate answers.  Its not a chat room okay.

Now to give an answer, yes you have some valid ideas that I think would add to the detail of the game but remember the programers have deadlines and file sixe restrictions to think about plus loading times adn online lag time.

Now my idea is that they should add a new game mode, and improve the AI for the bots.  The AI is superior to BF I but they still stand around and do nothing and they still don't use squad tactics or any tactics at all and that bites.  Its like two colonies of ants fighting with the victory hinging on you.

As for the new mode, a career mode would be cool.  Like an RPG where you can improve your character, choose a class or change classes and you can customize how you look.  Armor, equipment, etc.

It would follow you from recruitment or decanting, through training sims, wthe war and peace keeping missions.  And you can choose you Clone or Stormtooper legion or the Rebel unit you join.  Not mjuch variation in droids though.  Like you can choose to decant as an Republic commando or an ARC, or join the Imp 501st or become a elite Royal Guard with missions to protect the Palps.

Also one thing desperately needed is a close quaters melee attack,  like a rifle butt or a punch or body slam, a knuckle plate vibroblade would be cool,  esp against those damn engineers with the shot guns.

I can see all of this on the uber powerful upcoming PS3. LMK what you think.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Sorry but I'm a big Star Wars fan.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Sorry but I'm a big Star Wars fan.

We all are, that's why we are actually on the forums, but that doesn't make it ok to post 8 times in a row. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I won't post 8 darn times in a row again.

Feel free to post any other ideas that you have.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:43 PM by 77Skywalker »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 12:29 AM »
-You can pick which clone legion except on Kashyyyk with the Kashyyyk Troopers & Hoth/Mygeeto with the Galactic Marines
-Each Legion has it's own general/commander Cody/Obi-Wan, Appo/Anakin, Gree/Yoda, Ki-Adi/Bacara, Thire/Mace, Bly,Aayla
-New Heroes Lando,Endor/Hoth Han,Hoth/Endor Leia,Asajj,Kit,Quinlan Vos
-New Levels :
Alderann
Naboo Swamp
Kashyyk Jungle
Old BF I Levels
Lower Levels of Utapua

-Characters in starfighters:Vader,Luke,Anakin,Obi-Wan,Han/Chewie in Falcon
-Greivous in space
-Droid/Republic/Rebellion gunships on land
-Imperial Shuttle on land
-Mini-Duel offs in arenas (Greivous vs. Boba Fett,Obi-Wan vs. The Emporer,Yoda vs. Darth Vader,etc....)
-Hero Assualt on every planet
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 02:06 PM »
They should even add in what was in the XBOX expansion pack for BF2.  Even make things more appropriate for the environments.

Bring back the maps that were left out of BF2.

The clone troopers need to look more appropriate for the environments.

More assaults

My favorite Idea: On the Hoth level, give Luke Skywalker a harpoon gun.

Have two playable heroes on some of the maps. 
Yavin 4 - Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress (Separatists), Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Republic), Boba Fett and Emperor Palpatine (Galactic Empire), Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker (Rebel Alliance).
Polis Massa - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda (Republic), Darth Maul and Count Dooku (Separatists), Darth Vader and the Emperor (Empire), Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia (Rebel Alliance).
Endor - Darth Vader and the Emperor (Empire), Han Solo and Luke Skywalker (Rebel Alliance).
Naboo - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker (Republic), Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress (Separatists), Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine (Galactic Empire), Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia (Rebel Alliance).

I'll think of more maps and heroes later...

More playable heroes like Kit Fisto, Asajj Ventress, Durge, Mara Jade Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, and Kyle Katarn.

Offline TresobYr

• Youngling
  • Love is diving head first into a toy bin.
    • View Profile
    • SWAFT
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 08:56 PM »
PC Gamers get the advantage of downloading player modified games for free, all of which pretty much address most of the desires expressed in this forum. Really, Lucasfilm should just release more powerful mod software and give all the folks over at Pandemic the year off.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 11:09 PM »
just to be which ever legion and commanders you wanted to be for any map like the 212th and there hero as cody the marines and there hero as baccara etc.
Momar and Fester

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Have the menus look more digital just like in BF1.

Heroes in space like Luke Skywalker