Author Topic: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?  (Read 49688 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 08:44 PM »
I rationalize it by not spending more than a certain amount regularly on SW figures. For great figures of characters I'm wanting, I pay extra, for mediocre figures I only buy them cheap, and I save money for other things at the same time.

The best Han Solo figure I've ever owned, at least articulation-wise- Carbonite Han really beats him for good sculpting- is Cantina Han. A super-articulated ROTJ Han Solo with removeable accessories including a good-looking trenchcoat is just too good to pass up, even at $13. My best X-Wing gear Luke is a paint-worn POTF2 Luke, who always looked not only buff but suspiciously like he was wearing snowspeeder gear rather than his X-wing gear and had white gloves and boots. So an ultimate renedition of X-wing Luke is also very compelling.

At the same time, I skip a lot of figures I don't care for until they're cheaper. I kind of wanted a Bib Fortuna and a Major Bren Derlin, but y'know, I just haven't cared enough to buy them even at Wal Mart prices yet. If they stick around long enough that I can spare $6, maybe.

And then I buy old things and often do a little customizing and wind up with a figure I like. The best Chewbacca I own ATM, though I plan to shell out a gazillion $$$ (well, $$ maybe) for a VOTC Chewie eventually, is my repainted Falcon Mechanic Chewie, and I got him for $4 and the paint was probably worth about $.30 total considering how much I actually used. Toss in the crossbow from my POTF2 Chewie and the removeable silver chain I'm planning to make for him, and who needs a TSC Chewie?

It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. I do put a limit on figures I really want; after all, I haven't bought Mara Jade at her current $20 price tag yet.

Personally, I understand Army Building as a general concept, but I'm not really itching to do it myself- I just want enough passable troopers to fill in around my main character figures, and one really nice representation of each kind of trooper. Eventually I hope to have an army kind of like this to fill my display:

10 Various Clone Troopers
1 VOTC Stormtrooper
1 modified Evolutions Stormtrooper
3 Commtech Stormtroopers
2 POTF2 Stormtroopers
1 TSC Tie Fighter Pilot
2 POTF2 Tie Fighter Pilots
1 TSC AT-AT driver
1 POTF2 AT-AT driver (probably repaint the boots)
1 VTSC Scout Trooper
2 POTJ Scout Troopers
1 TSC Sandtrooper
1 Evolutions Sandtrooper
1 POTJ Sandtrooper
1 Real Snowtrooper That Hasbro Hasn't Made Yet
3 Saga/TSC/POTF2 Snowtroopers (whatever I can get)

Out of those 31, I have 10, and none of them the very best versions; I probably won't collect all that for a couple years. But when I get my hands on somethig really awesome, I really enjoy it and play with it a lot, so it's worthwhile to me to try to get it, and since Scout Troopers are something I have none of, something I've wanted for years, and there's an ultimate version in stores/going to be in stores soon at the lowest price I'll probably ever get one for, it's my best chance to grab one I think.

It's all a matter of your perspective and wants, though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 09:46 PM »
My first wave arrived in the mail today!    From China, same seller that lots of you guys are buying from.  They got here in about 6 days - very fast from what I hear.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:47 PM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Holy ****... where are those smelly, ****-stain furred Ewoks when you need them!!!

;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:49 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mark X

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Oh, I'm sure they're the same as the ones on the pegs...but I don't know if I'd consider them legit.

My bad, legit isn't necessarily the issue I'm concerned about here.  I just don't want to get someone's kitbash/custom (no offense meant to the custom guys).  Rather I want the same item I can buy at retail regardless of its point of origin.

Thank you
I've ordered from these types of sellers before.  There was a guy a few months ago that would sell "lots" of 5 to 10 Star Wars figures.  I bought from him several times and they were always authentic figures.  The quality seemed to be fine, but sometimes a few accessories would be missing.  It didn't bother me since I was buying them as custom fodder. 
Anyway, it seems like this seller is similar to the other sellers from that area that deal in current "factory surplus" figures. 

Thank you

Offline Mark X

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 03:03 PM »
My first wave arrived in the mail today!?nbsp;  From China, same seller that lots of you guys are buying from.  They got here in about 6 days - very fast from what I hear.

yes, they are shipped out with express mail
thank you

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 05:33 PM »
I have bought 18 so far...but will likely only keep a carded plus an opener(actually my son already got the opener in an easter egg ;))(amazingly enough I was able to yoga-style the trooper to fit into one of those small plastic eggs!!)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 07:40 PM »
I'm up to 11 now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of this contact in the Orient? I've still zero Scouts to claim as my own.  :-\
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of this contact in the Orient? I've still zero Scouts to claim as my own.  :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Saga-Collection-VTSC-Biker-Scout_W0QQitemZ6050992952QQcategoryZ2476QQcmdZViewItem

Here he is.  I have bought twice now from him and he is reliable and speedy on his delivery.    He also has some other lines (Joe and Transformers).  As soon as my PayPal account has some more e-cash in it, I am going to splurge on some more.  But I plan to stop at 12.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 09:59 PM »
TWO!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:00 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 11:14 PM »
My first wave arrived in the mail today!?nbsp;  From China, same seller that lots of you guys are buying from.  They got here in about 6 days - very fast from what I hear.

yes, they are shipped out with express mail
thank you

No, thank YOU.  I'm very very happy with the purchase!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25 PM »

Scored all of them an hour ago, and left just as many behind.

Keep checking your Walmart for the VTSC endcap, it's killer.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04 PM »

Keep checking your Walmart for the VTSC endcap, it's killer.

Yeah man, I ran across that endcap and couldn't believe what I was seeing. 3 Long boxes (which equates to 2 sets or one case) per shelf and there were 5 shelves!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Three now, even though only 2 have been freed from their plastic prisons.  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 02:17 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Saga-Collection-VTSC-Biker-Scout_W0QQitemZ6050992952QQcategoryZ2476QQcmdZViewItem

Here he is.  I have bought twice now from him and he is reliable and speedy on his delivery.    He also has some other lines (Joe and Transformers).  As soon as my PayPal account has some more e-cash in it, I am going to splurge on some more.  But I plan to stop at 12.

Thanks again for the links guys, I just sprung for five.  Never sure when they'll show around here and they'll likely be more than that anyway in Canada.  About $17 after the taxes for the VOTC stuff last time :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.