Author Topic: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?  (Read 49795 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?
« Reply #180 on: July 3, 2006, 03:11 AM »
I actually have a reshuffle...  I have 21, I have 4 more on the way...  My other 4 are now back to the store.  I cut back due to simply spending too much last month so I'm playing some catch-up because of vacation and other things this month.

Sometimes you just gotta make sacrifices.  If they're on clearance though, I'm with Rob...  I'll jump at more for cheaper.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 3, 2006, 11:25 AM »
None, but I have picked up 5 for customs...I'm seeing this more and more later, which is good, because I'll have a chance to build up my fan-fic army. :)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 3, 2006, 09:11 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: July 4, 2006, 01:58 AM »
That's probably the smaller of your OT armies though Paul.  Between you and Rob I think you've cleaned out the lonestar state of stuff. :)

Seriously though are you moving forward or holding steady at a small platoon of 'em?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 4, 2006, 07:41 AM »
Despite a strong desire to add more, I have stopped at 12 and will hold there.

My reasoning is that I have reduced my VOTC Stormy force to 24 and I don't want "sub-groups"of troops to outnumber my regulars.

Using 12 because of historical Squad sizes in certain armies in WWII. And because that is how many you can fit in a Plano Case.   Which leads to part 2 of the reasoning...SPACE (not outer but storage).  I am running out of room.

Now the Rebels are in Squads of 10 (or will be currently I don't have any Endor Troops or Hoth Troops)

Also if a proper Death Star Commander with Tunic and Jack boot (not officer style boots) came out, I would get 24 of those.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 4, 2006, 12:53 PM »
My reasoning is that I have reduced my VOTC Stormy force to 24 and I don't want "sub-groups"of troops to outnumber my regulars.

Say it ain't so!

(Have you already gotten rid of them all?  I'd have loved to buy 6 from you)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 5, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Now that this guy is starting to hit clearance, I may pick up a few more should I be lucky enough to find some.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 5, 2006, 10:14 PM »
I have 4 so far. I want more, but I also want to keep the number of Scouts I have equal to the number of VOTC Stormies I have.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 5, 2006, 10:15 PM »
I have 4 so far. I want more, but I also want to keep the number of Scouts I have equal to the number of VOTC Stormies I have.

Hey, I have more Scouts than Stormies...

Though my 1 only Stormtrooper is the CT one.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Still at 2 VTSC Biker Scouts.

Might pick another one up if it goes on clearance.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I guess my answer really doesn't count. I bought a total of 25 and sold 15, kept only 3 for myself and my boy. Took many back to the stores too soon, then they got hard to find again so I bought some more to help folks at our local swap meets.

I hope this figure doesn't become the next VOTC stormie issue where folks are crying about availability years down the road. Hopefully not :-\

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2006, 03:28 PM »
4 now, but I would sure love to find some on clearance. Most of the Wal Marts I stop at never even had shelf space for the VTSC, or I probably would have at least a couple more.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2006, 04:41 PM »
I only picked up 3 VTSC Biker Scouts to go along with my Vintage Biker Scout and Speeder Bike.  I'm sure that I'll be picking up more now that they are going on clearance.  These have always been my favorite Troopers throughout all the movies.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41 PM »
now that they are going on clearance
   ???

I didn't realize they were, unless you meant at Target?  My Targets are pretty cleaned out of VTSC though, down to just Han's and Greedo's, as they have been for a while now.  The only place I see him is WM from time to time now.  TRU on rare occassion but they're backed up with mostly the usual suspects.

At the very least they're still available for basically cost from overseas, even after shipping.  Can't beat that with a stick.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2006, 08:52 PM »
[quote author=Jesse James link=topic=11924.msg243365#msg243365
At the very least they're still available for basically cost from overseas, even after shipping.  Can't beat that with a stick.

And let me tell you why....I don't have to spend 10 minutes opening each one, fishing out the George Lucas Sticker, and then having the "evidence" all over the den when the wife walks in...

If you get them Black Sheep Biker Scout they come in a non-descript brown box that can be hidden in my briefcase as I smuggle it to the safe room...and they usually show up within 5 days.